UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Agents Of Shield Minimates Speculation Thread

kaipo

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, IntegrityRise said:

I wonder what’s up with the licensing for AOS and the rest of the network shows (Ageng Carter, Inhumans). Besides Pops for AOS, no toy company has really touched any of these at all. Unfortunate too, cause I’d love most of em as Legends. 

I suspect it's just an issue of too much cost for the anticipated benefit. It would might make sense to offer a larger license like the 10 years of MCU thing but it's probably too late for that to matter.

The Arrowverse doesn't really have as many viable characters, though.

I mean, aside from Huntress, Kid Flash, Elongated Man, Black Canary, Black Canary II, Black Canary III, White Canary, Black Siren, Vibe, Killer Frost, the Atom, John Constantine, Ra's al Ghul, Talia al Ghul, Deathstroke, Deadshot, Zoom, Grodd, Captain Cold, Superman, Arsenal, Speedy, Wild Dog, Mr. Terrific, Bronze Tiger, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Spartan, Katana, Wildcat, Artemis, Vigilante, Dark Archer, Firestorm I, Firestorm II, Reverse Flash, XS, Jesse Quick, Gypsy, Thinker, Heat Wave, Jay Garrick, Trickster I, Trickster II, Vandal Savage, Peek-A-Boo, James Olsen, Martian Manhunter, Red Tornado, The Ray, Rip Hunter, Vixen I, Vixen II, Steel, Isis, Jonah Hex, Connor Hawke, Hourman, Obsidian, Doctor Mid-Nite, Stargirl, Mon-El, Brainiac 5, Miss Martian, Silver Banshee, Saturn Girl, Reign, Batwoman, Metallo, Lex Luthor, General Zod, and multiple variants of the title characters, what else is there?

Maybe if you shoehorn some of the Black Lightning cast in there you might be able to fill an assortment. Maybe.

13 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

I mean, aside from Huntress, Kid Flash, Elongated Man, Black Canary, Black Canary II, Black Canary III, White Canary, Black Siren, Vibe, Killer Frost, the Atom, John Constantine, Ra's al Ghul, Talia al Ghul, Deathstroke, Deadshot, Zoom, Grodd, Captain Cold, Superman, Arsenal, Speedy, Wild Dog, Mr. Terrific, Bronze Tiger, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Spartan, Katana, Wildcat, Artemis, Vigilante, Dark Archer, Firestorm I, Firestorm II, Reverse Flash, XS, Jesse Quick, Gypsy, Thinker, Heat Wave, Jay Garrick, Trickster I, Trickster II, Vandal Savage, Peek-A-Boo, James Olsen, Martian Manhunter, Red Tornado, The Ray, Rip Hunter, Vixen I, Vixen II, Steel, Isis, Jonah Hex, Connor Hawke, Hourman, Obsidian, Doctor Mid-Nite, Stargirl, Mon-El, Brainiac 5, Miss Martian, Silver Banshee, Saturn Girl, Reign, Batwoman, Metallo, Lex Luthor, General Zod, and multiple variants of the title characters, what else is there?

Maybe if you shoehorn some of the Black Lightning cast in there you might be able to fill an assortment. Maybe.

Oh the shade of it all...

Honestly, Gotham has some of the most popular Batman characters ever created, including Firefly, Riddler, Poison Ivy, Solomon Grundy, Ra's al Ghul, Scarecrow, Zsasz, Professor Pyg, Azrael, The Executioner, the Mad Hatter, Copperhead, Electrocutioner, Tweedledum & Tweedledee, and this Jerome/Jeremiah guy who may or may not be the Joker. The final season looks to include Harley Quinn and the Batman himself.

Of course we've gotten none of these characters in the Gotham Minimates line despite the potential. 

So, yeah... Marvel's Agents of SHIELD. ?

On 10/12/2018 at 10:11 AM, MisterPL said:

You missed:

Lana Luther, King Shark, Amanda Waller, N’isa al Ghul, Lois Lane

But, I get it, women and a giant man-shark would never sell.

2 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

Netflix canceling these shows only allows Marvel to pick them up. Disney can do “Heroes for Hire” on Hulu. 

I’m sure Disney will want all the shows it can get for when they launch their own streaming service. Letting the existing Netflix/Hulu shows run their course then porting anything they can over to Disney Play seems like a strategy that company would embrace

2 hours ago, Donny B said:

I’m sure Disney will want all the shows it can get for when they launch their own streaming service. Letting the existing Netflix/Hulu shows run their course then porting anything they can over to Disney Play seems like a strategy that company would embrace

I wouldn’t be surprised for the streaming launch that they continue on but those contracts will be interesting especially if there are any clauses on waiting for the characters to be used on different properties. 

The timing of the cancellations was interesting. 

Just a few days before, Netflix insisted these shows were staying put and Marvel agreed they were Netflix’s to cancel. Then Iron Fist got the axe but Netflix implied they weren’t done with the character. Hours later they canned Luke Cage. 

Depending on the agreement, maybe Netflix is interested in developing “Heroes for Hire.” Given the way both shows ended, they could easily head in that direction. And the mature content is more at home on Netflix than anything branded Disney. 

9 hours ago, stack32 said:

It certainly seems like the reasons behind it are something other than ratings. I'm disappointed it's unlikely we'll get to see an payoff for the tease at the end of Iron Fist.

Have faith. Disney Play May still come through.

If Disney Play does offer a Heroes for Hire series, it'll most likely fit in with the established MCU. That means no f-bombs, n-words, nudity, or the kind of graphic violence we've already gotten from the Netflix shows. It'll be a soft PG-13. 

It'll be interesting to see where Disney puts Fox's Marvel fare. Even the PG-13 flicks feature harsh language and Hugh Jackman's butt.

3 hours ago, MisterPL said:

If Disney Play does offer a Heroes for Hire series, it'll most likely fit in with the established MCU. That means no f-bombs, n-words, nudity, or the kind of graphic violence we've already gotten from the Netflix shows. It'll be a soft PG-13. 

It'll be interesting to see where Disney puts Fox's Marvel fare. Even the PG-13 flicks feature harsh language and Hugh Jackman's butt.

They’ll probably leave it on Hulu. I mean you don’t see much mingling of Miramax and Disney proper. 

On 10/23/2018 at 7:40 AM, MisterPL said:

As long as it actually fits in with the rest of the MCU, while still being connected to Daredevil and such, I'm okay with this. I think that Heroes for Hire could also benefit from a lighter tone.

3 hours ago, PrinceCuseCuse said:

As long as it actually fits in with the rest of the MCU, while still being connected to Daredevil and such, I'm okay with this. I think that Heroes for Hire could also benefit from a lighter tone.

I disagree; the reason all of the Marvel Netflix have kept me watching is for some of the darker tones and themes, things that aren't portrayed in MCU films. I would definitely not be as excited for future continuations of the Marvel Netlfix properties if they went with a lighter tone.

2 hours ago, OvenproofBug6 said:

I disagree; the reason all of the Marvel Netflix have kept me watching is for some of the darker tones and themes, things that aren't portrayed in MCU films. I would definitely not be as excited for future continuations of the Marvel Netlfix properties if they went with a lighter tone.

I'm not saying ALL of them need a lighter tone but I think Luke and Danny could benefit from it. Maybe it's just me, but neither of them strike me as dark and gritty like Daredevil, Jessica Jones, or The Punisher.

14 hours ago, PrinceCuseCuse said:

I'm not saying ALL of them need a lighter tone but I think Luke and Danny could benefit from it. Maybe it's just me, but neither of them strike me as dark and gritty like Daredevil, Jessica Jones, or The Punisher.

I can understand the benefit of comedic relief which is what a lot of the MCU has, but I find that the Netflix shows have much deeper (darker and mores serious) themes than the films; Matt's disillusionment with religion, a character in almost every show with a substance abuse problem (Jessica, Karen, Ward), PTSD with the Punisher, Luke Cage tackling culture and race, and characters in multiple shows with seriously dysfunctional familial relationships (Jessica, Trish, Matt, Davos, Luke, Ward, Joy, and Harold). Heck, Iron Fist season 2 tackled dissociative identity disorder, and Daredevil season 3 even touched on postpartum depression. These are kinds of things that I think would be very difficult to convey if the tone of these shows in general was lighter or aimed at a younger audience.

On 10/12/2018 at 9:38 AM, thereasonsy said:

Don't get me started. The fact Gotham got minimates and the Arrowverse got ignored is one move I completely cannot comprehend.

I don;t know that the license for articulated Arrowverse figures was ever available to us. Gotham may have been passed up by the MASTER TOY LICENSEE early on, making it possible for us to tackle it, but DCC got the Arrowverse and did a good job with it. Not sure if it's available to us now, or else we'd probably have included it in our Gallery/VInimates license. 

On 10/11/2018 at 11:32 PM, MisterPL said:

But, hey, let’s squander the one DC Minimates license we have left. 

We started the line before a lot of costumes showed up, and the sets didn't really do that well. Maybe they'd do better now, with more recognizable looks, but I think that ship has sailed, especially with the show ending. 

8 hours ago, DSTZach said:

I don;t know that the license for articulated Arrowverse figures was ever available to us. Gotham may have been passed up by the MASTER TOY LICENSEE early on, making it possible for us to tackle it, but DCC got the Arrowverse and did a good job with it. Not sure if it's available to us now, or else we'd probably have included it in our Gallery/VInimates license. 

We started the line before a lot of costumes showed up, and the sets didn't really do that well. Maybe they'd do better now, with more recognizable looks, but I think that ship has sailed, especially with the show ending. 

It would be amazing if some way or another the arrowverse license could be looked at. Weirdly the shows do well and have a very strong fan base even 7 years in and growing. As for Gotham, well I tried. I own multiple sets of each even though I don’t watch the show aside from the screeners I have to for work.