Skye

Mike Peterson (w/ Deathlok parts)

Simmons

May

Ward

Fitz

Victoria Hand

I would still love Lola too!

Yeah, seeing it before Winter Soldier is definitely the wrong order, though it would have been that much more exciting if you didn't know what was coming. Garrett and Hand would definitely be on my list of wanted minimates now if DST were to make any for the show.

this weeks episode was probably the best of the series, to be honest i feel this show is on par with a lot of Whedons shows when they start, takes about half a season but then it truly picks up like crazy

I'm not trying to excuse the first half of this season but I can't help feeling that the events of Winter Soldier held this show back a bit. Knowing where they were heading and being completely out of their control may have become a pretty significant challenge considering the showrunners found out about this little monkey wrench two days after the series was greenlit. It's kinda liek getting the go-ahead to do a Batman TV series and two days later being told, "Oh, by the way; Bruce Wayne has to die halfway through the first season. Have fun!"

As for Minimates based on the show; yeah, now I want them more than ever. Maybe not a proper series but a couple boxed sets would be fine for now.

Yeah, I wouldn't let them off the hook completely but it seems like that would have made things pretty difficult. I think ABC probably pushed them to keep it "accessible" at the beginning too which wouldn't have helped either. It probably was killing them to listen to some of the nastier criticisms while they were sitting on a great twist.

The six team members, Deathlok, Garrett, and Hand would be what I'd want from the show right now if 'mates were made. That's a little more than a wave or two boxsets, so I'm not sure what the best solution would be.

If they were to make some AoS mates I think that boxsets would likely be the vehicle used as they are a little more niche than your normal wave lineup. Of course that's just speculation, I'd be down for them any way they get released. Since AoS and the upcoming Netflix series are part of the MCU, I'd love to get them to fill out my ever growing MCU mate lineup.

Any hey, a Garrett face could be reused on a PVT Hudson minimate, right? :) Game over man, game over

• 4 weeks later...

While the first half of the season AoS felt a little cheesy, formulaic, and flat, the second half has been absolutely bonkers fun. It's one of the best shows on network TV right now.

I feels like the show figured out it wasn't a sci/fi mystery show and embraced it's comic book roots. Coulsen's experience in Tahiti and the Hydra reveal have electrified this show.

In some ways, I feel like AoS has a better villain right now than CA:Winter Soldier did. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the next Marvel movie.

The first half of the season was necessarily bad, because the show was built around a reveal they didn't even dare hint at. It was all about moving pieces into place for when the $#!t hit the fan. Now, the tension is there. I'd like to see a little more ACTUAL confrontation with the bad guys as opposed to having fallen back n a freak of the week formula, but... It works. The show has nowhere to go but up.

Yeah, I'm not going to be content with QCs for this show. The Disney Store or Entertainment Earth or someone needs to ask DST for an exclusive set or two and get this ball rolling. The show's like a roller coaster with a ridiculously slow build-up and now it's finally seeing some payoff. It's no longer the show I want to like. Now it's the show I like to watch.

Minimates, please. :)

• 1 month later...