UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Agents Of Shield Minimates Speculation Thread

kaipo

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that the pilot's aired, anyone hungry for Minimates based on this Marvel property?

I can't honestly say it's high on my wish list but I won't deny I'd pick up a series. I'd wait 'til the end of the season to see where it goes. Maybe we'll see some costumed characters, familiar or not, that could help make an interesting wave.

I really wish DST could find a way to add vehicles to their Marvel license. I'd snap up a Lola with Coulson in a heartbeat.

That reminded me of was it MASK with all the vehicles that transformed? Any way I had a red convertible that tires did that and it also had wings that came out. I wonder if that toy was as cool as I remember it!

I'm not sold on mates for the show yet, I did like it though

Edited by Zak Katz

accessories could sell it for sure. but like stack said.... there's only been one episode so we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.

excited they're adding some

elements from the cinematic universe, ie extremis, maria hill, nods to gamma radiation and super soldier serum, even a line from spider-man! I could see this involving some of the movie characters as we get closer to the film releases (ie Thor, Captain America)

I really wish DST could find a way to add vehicles to their Marvel license. I'd snap up a Lola with Coulson in a heartbeat.

That reminded me of was it MASK with all the vehicles that transformed? Any way I had a red convertible that tires did that and it also had wings that came out. I wonder if that toy was as cool as I remember it!

I'm not sold on mates for the shoe yet, I did like it though

Yep! MASK was a great toy line. Fwoosh did a writeup of these not too long ago, which brought back lots of memories for me:

http://thefwoosh.com/2013/07/m-a-s-k-the-first-wave

These would make for TREMENDOUS Minimates, but the property's owned by Hasbro, so don't count on it. Kreons maybe?

This show would be perfect for Marvel vehicles.

Lola w/ the guest star from EP 2

TRU Flying Lola w/ Coulson

Van w/ Skye

SHIELD SUV/Van w/ Ward

Large (Enterprise size) SHIELD Airplane w/ May, Fitz, and Simmons

I would like the cast of this show for sure!

This show would be perfect for Marvel vehicles.

And if Coulson breaks the Bus, a Winnebago could make an appearance!

http://www.licensemag.com/license-global/winnebago-names-agency'>Speaking of which...

But don't let them fool you. This has less to do with Americans "hitting the road and exploring this beautiful country with greater frequency" and a lot more to do with "Breaking Bad" and "The Walking Dead." They're trying to protect their brand before it becomes as generic as "escalator."

Edited by MisterPL

• 2 weeks later...

How would a motorcycle be done for Minimates? And I'm talking realistically. We know that they can't be done for Marvel, so let's say DST gets the rights for something that has vehicles like they did for Munsters, Knight Rider, etc. Bikes are probably too small to be released at the same price point as the cars, pirate ships and jets that we've seen so far. Would they be done as a substitute for a figure in a two pack? Kind of like how the SHS Ghost Rider came with his bike instead of another character? Would the wheels move or would they be stationary? Curious to see what others think.

How would a motorcycle be done for Minimates? And I'm talking realistically. We know that they can't be done for Marvel, so let's say DST gets the rights for something that has vehicles like they did for Munsters, Knight Rider, etc. Bikes are probably too small to be released at the same price point as the cars, pirate ships and jets that we've seen so far. Would they be done as a substitute for a figure in a two pack? Kind of like how the SHS Ghost Rider came with his bike instead of another character? Would the wheels move or would they be stationary? Curious to see what others think.

There's really nothing keeping DST from offering motorcycles and other vehicles specifically for Minimates, they just can't use existing brands without a license. For example, they could make a generic RV for the Walking Dead line but it couldn't be a Winnebago unless they were licensed to do so.

In keeping with the Minimates brand's play pattern, I'd expect any vehicles to be modular with swappable parts. The jets in the M.A.X. line are a good example of that but the problem seems to be DST's business model. They can only afford to offer one vehicle at a time and try to amortize the costs by offering as many variants as they can. What they need to do is offer enough vehicles (eg; bike, tank, jet) to allow for different price points and to have fun combining them into other vehicles. Anyone who grew up playing with Micronauts knows what I'm talking about.

As for how they'd be offered, I suppose something as small as a motorcycle could be offered in a two-pack replacing the second figure. Anything larger might require a blister or box. The M.A.X. line is a good place for these vehicles but the theme needs to be something less pedestrian than police/rescue. It should probably be SPACE police and ROBO rescue with vehicles that allow for parts from the figures to be swapped with their SPACE bikes or ROBO jets. I think integrating the Minimates into the vehicles might be a new way to draw some interest to the brand.

• 2 weeks later...