UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Agents Of Shield Minimates Speculation Thread

kaipo

I know nothing has been announced, but since the trailer was released today, we can hope.

1368234341.jpg

maybe if Mark Ruffalo gets on the show, we can get a Bruce Banner moviemate!!

I loved his

appearance in Iron Man 3

Definitely another Coulson,

whoever these civilians are, some villains, the "Luke Cage"-like character in the trailer. I mean they look like a bunch of civilians but hey I'd like 'em.

Edited by kaipo

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it will be fun, and hopefully the resurrection of Coulson is handled well. This seems like a logical place to periodically introduce characters that are fan-favorites but might not have the name recognition to pull off a feature length movie, I'm looking at you Moon Knight.

Eh, I don't know. Looks like a lot of people in suits to me. Maybe if they introduce some more costumed characters into the mix down the road.

Yeah. Looking forward to the show but it wouldn't translate well into Minimates.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but the guy and two gals on the left side look a little weired/distorted. Compared to their short legs they have huge upper bodys. Just me? ermm.gif

Other than that: looking forward to the show, that might be cool. And 'mates are always welcome.

I'm hoping for Life Model Decoy.

That way, it doesn't cheapen his death in Avengers.

It doesn't resurrect him supernaturally.

And if he's an android, then they can bring in Hank Pym (Nathan Fillion) to create Ultron to corrupt Coulson's programming turning him into Vision and that would be awesome.

id love mates based on the show, I know it looks like civies right now, but you gotta remember this is a whedon show, and its about superheroes, im pretty sure we will be seeing some pretty cool looking stuff.

also I really hope Nathan Fillion does not play Hank Pym...as much as I love Nathan

Im guessing it will be the same treatment Fury (and now Winter Soldier) has gone through in the comics that kept him alive for so long...but im not sure

also I really hope to see minor marvel villains like: Purple Man, Chemistro, The Serpent Society, etc

I also expect to see Agent Brand of SWORD

Agent Coulson returns as a hologram/android/clone. – This is only
slightly less offensive than a spontaneous resurrection of Coulson or a
tricky Coulson that never really died. However, it would show off the
cutting-edge technology of S.H.I.E.L.D. and could be a device for some
interesting writing moving forward.

*ahem* thumbsup.gif

That makes the most sense to me (I don't think a human resurrection would work in this established universe, even if someone superpowered did it to him, and it wouldn't cheapen the emotional impact of the scene in Avengers).

It does look a bit Torchwood-esque in that promo shot, doesn't it?

I'm really hoping that this is used as a platform for introducing lower tier MU characters. It could help to familiarise the general public with characters who are later introduced into the film-verse.

I wonder what the rights situation for Spider-Man/X-Men/FF is in regards to TV? Don't Fox/Sony just own the "movie" rights?

For example, could we get some spidey villains (Black Cat, Scorpion, Shocker) on the show? Or more ambitiously some lesser known mutants or maybe even appearances by Xavier and Reed Richards?

It's hard to see these names in the scope of the show now, but I imagine over time the world will expand and allow for the inclusion of some of these other entities.

I don't want anyone in the show that won't also be able to be in the movies. That limits the "inclusive" universe, otherwise.

And no "stand-ins", for existing movie characters, either.

No Nick Fury unless it's Sam Jackson. No Maria Hill unless it's Cobie Smulders. Etc., etc., etc., ad nauseum.

Well, Tricia Helfer played Black Cat the last couple times out, and she does TV a lot, so I say just use her. As for the rest of the MU... Do they even matter? Black Cat on a TV show. What more could you want?

black cat not on a TV show

This could be interesting.

On one hand, DST's never really exploited Marvel TV properties, even Spider-Man cartoons. On the other hand, this show ties in directly to the very successful live-action films so it seems like a natural extension of that.

I'd adopt a wait & see strategy. See how ratings go, figure out who the most popular characters are, and see if any costumed crime-fighters make cameos.

(Unless of course Disney decides they absolutely need Agents of SHIELD Minimates to tie in to a Disney Store promotion this fall. Then I'm in. cool.png )

Well, Tricia Helfer played Black Cat the last couple times out, and she does TV a lot, so I say just use her. As for the rest of the MU... Do they even matter? Black Cat on a TV show. What more could you want?

black cat not on a TV show

You mean in real life, right? Yeah, I'll take Felicia in real life.

I'll be in my bunk.

Like others, I'm not particularly excited about more generic guys in suits as Minimates. But if they have guest star heroes/villains like Daredevil, Moon Knight, Punisher, Kingpin, etc., then sure.

Over at io9 someone pointed out that in the marvel flicking page thing in the trailer you can make out Rage from the new warriors

*barf* If that's the kind of heroes they plan on bringing in, then forget about it.

just saw the full-full trailer, and WOW, I think this could be Whedons best show yet, also the guy in the trailer is looking a little like Luke Cage, but his powers seem to be from alien tech so Im kinda hoping hes not

What i hope SHIELD will be is a way to get heroes and villains onto the screen that aren't right for movies. For some reason Taskmaster seems like a perfect fit for this show.

That said, i have no need for the Minimates. It's like Marvel's 24, and while they were nice civvies and i do love civviemates in general, i'd prefer actually movie-style jumpsuit SHIELD agents to these guys.