UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Sdcc 2013 Exclusives Speculation Thread

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the con exclusives is indeed X-related, as is an upcoming retailer exclusive pack we haven't announced.

But unless there's a big event connected with an anniversary, like a movie about Wolverine or something, I can't see any real impetus for us to coincide with it.

One of the con exclusives is indeed X-related, as is an upcoming retailer exclusive pack we haven't announced.

But unless there's a big event connected with an anniversary, like a movie about Wolverine or something, I can't see any real impetus for us to coincide with it.

Nice

TWO X-related packs this year that have yet to be announced? woot.gif

Freaking AWESOME!

EDIT: oh wait - The Many Faces of Wolverine has already been announced, hasn't it? Still - one more X-pack is reason to be excited :)

Edited by Nessex

TWO X-related packs this year that have yet to be announced? woot.gif

Freaking AWESOME!

EDIT: oh wait - The Many Faces of Wolverine has already been announced, hasn't it? Still - one more X-pack is reason to be excited smile.png

Whole heartedly seconded. Woo-hoo!

Thanks, Ten. I was just headed back to edit my response to "Derp."

It is not the Brotherhood, which, while composed mainly of movie stars, is thematically and compositionally similar to Alpha Flight. (A team, and not really a headliner team at that.)

The unnamed set is the "unique" set, but it's closer to the Wolverine set than it is the Brotherhood.

Thanks, Ten, I was unsuccessfully googling for BOEM.

So then, to recap, the unnamed Marvel SDCC 2013 Exclusive set is an unique x-related set with one Uncanny Avenger on it and thematically and compositionally more closer to The Many Faces of Wolverine set than to the hipotetic Brotherbood set, right? Or am I mixing two sets?

If i'm not mixing things, being x-related, it means that Havok, Rogue, Sunfire or Wolverine should be on it. Maybe an "X-Men Friends and Foes" set with a mix-up of characters including Sunfire, some overdue Brotherhood and some A-lister? An "X-Men Females" set including Rogue, Storm, Mystique and Jean? "The Many Many faces of Wolverine" including... hurm... Wolverine (Weapon X Wolverine with helmet, I'm looking at you)?

Right now, I have no clue what it could be.

Edited by Ozymandias

So not a team. Headliners are likely to be included. What's the current or forthcoming Marvel "event?" And does it include Wolvie, Spidey, Iron Man, and Spidey in another/modified costume in some capacity? Because that is my guess at this point. My second guess would be "Spidey Through the Ages."

--edit: I thought the X-set was a retailer exclusive, and not the exclusive Zach is referring to. But. . .very possible I missed something here.

Edited by karamazov80

I do believe that Chuck has said before that a Spidey TTA probably won't happen. If I remember right that is. I beleive the thinking behind it was that they put enough Spidey's in other waves that doing a set would take away some of those options. I'd love to find where he said that, but I'm pretty sure I'm remembering it right.

That's surprising, considering how many wacky variations of Spidey out there. And of course, any given variant could be "upgraded" after a couple of years, so I have a hard time see the flow of potential Spidey 'Mates ever running out.

Thanks, Ten, I was unsuccessfully googling for BOEM.

So then, to recap, the unnamed Marvel SDCC 2013 Exclusive set is an unique x-related set with one Uncanny Avenger on it and thematically and compositionally more closer to The Many Faces of Wolverine set than to the hipotetic Brotherbood set, right? Or am I mixing two sets?

If i'm not mixing things, being x-related, it means that Havok, Rogue, Sunfire or Wolverine should be on it. Maybe an "X-Men Friends and Foes" set with a mix-up of characters including Sunfire, some overdue Brotherhood and some A-lister? An "X-Men Females" set including Rogue, Storm, Mystique and Jean? "The Many Many faces of Wolverine" including... hurm... Wolverine (Weapon X Wolverine with helmet, I'm looking at you)?

Right now, I have no clue what it could be.

My apologies for B O E M , a stab in the dark so I chose to hide behind a vague acronym .

Meanwhile:

Jus hang loose blood s'mo-fo butter layin' to the bone ain't seeno 'hipotetic Brotherbood set' comin' up nor you ?

Jackin'me up . Sheeet.

Jus hang loose blood s'mo-fo butter layin' to the bone ain't seeno 'hipotetic Brotherbood set' comin' up nor you ?

Jackin'me up . Sheeet.

Now, could you please translate this to me, sir?

Anyway, I think we'll get some Brotherhood love soon mainly because the blatant absence of them in the Wave 50 poll. Maybe we get lucky with the x-related upcoming retailer exclusive pack that Zach mentioned. For God's sake, put three Wolverines with Toad and I'm sold!

wolverine_mini_series_1_9.4.jpg

viper2b.jpg

Silver_Samurai_001.gif

Yukio_001.jpg

Jackin'me up . Sheeet.

Now, could you please translate this to me, sir?

Anyway, I think we'll get some Brotherhood love soon mainly because the blatant absence of them in the Wave 50 poll. Maybe we get lucky with the x-related upcoming retailer exclusive pack that Zach mentioned. For God's sake, put three Wolverines with Toad and I'm sold!

You first .....'hipotetic Brotherbood' (?) wink.png I'm just having a lark with your typo, ....it just reminded me of Jive talk which never fails to tickle me.

On a serious note...... I was playing around this morning trying to pose a Minimate,any Minimate,into a typical 'Toad' stance with little success ,maybe that is the reason we have no Toad ?