UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Sdcc 2013 Exclusives Speculation Thread

It would NEVER happen, but i'd love to see a new X-Men box set.

Rachel Summer, X-Force Storm, Modern Rogue & X-force Psylocke.

So ... one of the Uncanny Avengers will be in an SDCC box set, eh? Let's watch the speculation frenzy begin!

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Marvel Now? Hmm...

There goes my Uncanny X-men/New Avengers ideas (4-pack of Cyke, Magneto, Magik, and Emma would be amazing, as would nuBeast, Namor (with Phoenix accessories), Black Bolt, and I guess Tony to anchor the boxset.)

Hmm.... This is a toughie.

One of the Uncanny. That;s hard to say, cause 3/9 are like in every wave, lol. Cap, Thor, and Wolvie.

Unless its Darker than Scarlet boxset, complete with ugly witch costume, its not Wanda, lol.

Edited by Zexion_Armando

Squadron Supreme 4-pack set 1, and Defenders Hellcat/Nighthawk 2-pack. Both extremely overdue, and DST should be ASHAMED of themselves for neglecting them for so long. *wags finger in their direction*

New license:

Screw you, Kre-O

My pants feel funny...

Honestly, I don't hate speculation, its fun seeing how close you guys get, I just like to manage expectations. You guys come up with your dream set, then are disappointed when we aren't making it.

Honestly, my least favorite thread is any thread in which someone feels the need to say "pass." Not because I want everyone to buy every set, it just irks me when people feel the need to announce their disinterest. Pet peeve, I guess. So now you know how to get under my skin. smile.png

That bugs me too. Sometimes I read those posts and think "why did you even bother?" Of course, I'm sure I'm as bad about that as anyone. But it's different when I do it.ermm.gif

Only one Uncanny Avenger, eh? Well, ,two possibilities that leap immediately to mind are Cap's Kooky Quartet (Cap, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, and the Scarlet Witch) and the original Brotherhood of Evil Mutants (Magneto, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and either Toad or Mastermind). Those would work.

Honestly, I don't hate speculation, its fun seeing how close you guys get, I just like to manage expectations. You guys come up with your dream set, then are disappointed when we aren't making it.

Honestly, my least favorite thread is any thread in which someone feels the need to say "pass." Not because I want everyone to buy every set, it just irks me when people feel the need to announce their disinterest. Pet peeve, I guess. So now you know how to get under my skin. smile.png

That bugs me too. Sometimes I read those posts and think "why did you even bother?" Of course, I'm sure I'm as bad about that as anyone. But it's different when I do it.ermm.gif

Only one Uncanny Avenger, eh? Well, ,two possibilities that leap immediately to mind are Cap's Kooky Quartet (Cap, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, and the Scarlet Witch) and the original Brotherhood of Evil Mutants (Magneto, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and either Toad or Mastermind). Those would work.

It's funny, when I wrote that, I thought, "Man, I hope hellpop doesn't think I'm talking about him." Because I'm pretty sure you were the last person here I noticed did it. I admit to having similar thoughts to yours, like "Who asked you if you were buying it?" But it's a free country. People express themselves in far more obnoxious ways on other message boards, and "pass" is thrown around a lot more freely.

And your first idea has two Uncanny Avengers in it, and both are teams. No teams!

Hmm... No teams would suggest a set showcasing a big name with a few supporting cast members, a la Stormbreaker. They're already doing a Wolvie set this year, so... Thor + the Warriors Three? Or is that too much of a team, too? Some kind of Iron Man and Foes set? Maybe AFX and DST aren't both doing Marvel sets this year?

It's funny, when I wrote that, I thought, "Man, I hope hellpop doesn't think I'm talking about him." Because I'm pretty sure you were the last person here I noticed did it. I admit to having similar thoughts to yours, like "Who asked you if you were buying it?" But it's a free country. People express themselves in far more obnoxious ways on other message boards, and "pass" is thrown around a lot more freely.

And your first idea has two Uncanny Avengers in it, and both are teams. No teams!

That's nice of you to say. I do on occasion find myself starting to type what basically amounts to "not interested", and then I stop and think, "nobody cares that you're not interested". smile.png

I misunderstood your point about teams; I thought that you meant no crossover between sets, not no teams at all. Hmm. Lobby's right, that suggests big names with supporting players thrown in. Don't think it would be Thor, though... could you make many of us happy with a Cap set? Including the Falcon and Winter Soldier?drool.gif

Or maybe it's a clue... no teams, right? Could it be a non-team... like the Defenders? Are you trying to make K80's day?

No, you're probably not. Maybe you guys are going story based....hmmm. Hmmm hmmm hmmm. This is too much fun.happy.png

im gonna guess the wolverine TTA (or whatever its name is) is gonna be one set and fills the uncanny avenger bill

no teams is an interesting development as is no Marvel Now. Im expecting the Iron Man 3 set to be an SDCC exclusive

then maybe a set where all the characters fit a certain theme (like a cosmic set) or a set of a certain characters villains (who aren't exactly a team)

or more likely, an event set, probably Age of Ultron or Infinity....or maybe something classic like Infinity War

or maybe a set of Ultimate characters

I thought Zach debunked the armory set? plus he said they were making Pepper, so im expecting a final battle Iron Man 3 set

EDIT(just for clarification)
-------------
I don't know if Zach went right out and said the armory set wasn't happening, but he did say we will only be seeing around 1/10th of the armory (which we have seen) though that may have just been referring to the waves and not to other releases....also he did say we would see Pepper and I don't know where else she could be placed. Lastly I think when he originally said extended, he just meant the release date, not the size of the set

I expect

1.Pepper w/Extremis (though Zach did say no sports bra...but I doubt we will just see another mark 42)
2. Fin Fang Killian
3. Battle damaged Tony (maybe with various armor parts)
4. either Savin, the President, or Rhodey)

Edited by undeadpool

You guys keep coming up with such wonderful product I have to keep regretting my decision to solely buy movie minimates unless I'm completing a team I already have started.

That said, I'm stoked to see what comes of this one.

oh - DER! Of course. I had forgotten about the Hall of Armours. Wolverine TTA & IronMan HOA box sets.

EDIT:

I thought Zach debunked the armory set? plus he said they were making Pepper, so im expecting a final battle Iron Man 3 set

Wait, what? Dang - i must have missed that.

Does this mean we have a chance at Space Suit armour &

Final Battle Killian/Mandarin/Fing Fang Foom ?

"I learned the hard way that those that loved me the most criticised me the most"

-buttheadsmate

One Uncanny Avenger you say? Lets see, if we leave out the Now characters from wave 51 and TRU 16, it leaves Havoc, Rogue, Sunfire, Thor, Wasp, and Wonder Man. Then with the no teams and no Now! rule makes it likely to be tied together as an event, through the ages, or many faces of set.

Oh and lest we forget there is the unnamed "unique" set rumor floating around.

What if AVX

Phoenix Wolverine, Phoenix Magneto, Phoenix Hope, and Phoenix Spider-Man

I know! It is a Skin and Bones set.

Adamantium Skeleton (Not Wolverine just a skeleton mate with claws so it doesn't count a against the one UA character), Savage Land Rogue, Goblin Queen, Phoenix 5 Namor (Why yes I want to complete the P5 group)

Maybe a furry set

Cap-Wolf, Tigra, Squirrel Girl, and Puma

I think it must be getting late because now I'm envisioning a Cosplay two pack of Superior Spider-Chuck and Wolver-Zach.

Maybe a furry set

Cap-Wolf, Tigra, Squirrel Girl, and Puma

My dream set! I love Cap-Wolf, Tigra and Puma, and I just want Groundhog7s to be happy.

I think it must be getting late because now I'm envisioning a Cosplay two pack of Superior Spider-Chuck and Wolver-Zach.

That's the Zach's Cubicle 2013 exclusive.

Maybe a new Battle Beasts exclusive set? (Sewer Battle Vorin and Powerhouse Zik? tongue.png ) I think the exclusive last year wasn't a great representation of the finished product of Wave 1, so a new Battle Beast set that's more representative of the line might help get some new exposure.

Edited by youbastards

So, as much as I want to participate in this thread, I happened to have overheard Zach talking to a wall at C2E2. He told the wall not to say anything, so I think that probably means I shouldn't say anything either. :)

There are some close guesses. There are some far fetched ones. And I am sure there are a few things I don't know yet. I am very much looking forward to the SDCC exclusives this year!

Maybe a new Battle Beasts exclusive set? (Sewer Battle Vorin and Powerhouse Zik? tongue.png ) I think the exclusive last year wasn't a great representation of the finished product of Wave 1, so a new Battle Beast set that's more representative of the line might help get some new exposure.

this would make me very happy to see!

I love how Star Wars Minimates are still being brought up as this head-smack, "I can't believe we didn't think of that before" idea. no.gif

I know, right? Every once in a while you see an AskDST where someone gives a lengthy explanation about how popular Star Wars is, and how well Star Wars Minimates would sell, as if Chuck just rolled off the turnip truck into his office. headslap.gif