UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Sdcc 2013 Exclusives Speculation Thread

I told you guys the Marvel set was a 180 from Alpha Flight.

I just hope AFX has better in store. I don't care about LiS and that other civie two-pack. WD is nice but i'm not too crazy about it. The wolvie set is awesome but we already knew about that.

"Civie two-pack". laugh.png Clearly, our international sales of Kevin Smith Minimates are in trouble.

But seriously, I expect all of these sets to do very well. Wish I'd been the one to reveal them... wolverine.gif

So, how did BC getting to reveal them come about? Can we assume it wasn't supposed to happen that way?

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Wolverine's CANADIAN!

Okay, here's my take:

Jay & Silent Bob: I'm a fan but I'm on the fence about black & white figures in general. I might pick them up on sale but I expect them to sell out at the con. To me they represent the tip of the View Askew iceberg so I'll wait patiently for future sets from The Jersey Trilogy. Snoochie noochie.

Lost in Space: This is where I break my black & white rule. I want this line to succeed and I want more sets in full color. I'll gladly buy this pack if it'll help ensure more get made. A couple 4-packs and the Chariot would make me a happy space-camper.

Hershel's Farm: Another Rick won't keep me from getting jazzed about adding this 4-pack to my barn. This set will perform just fine. Next.

Wolverine Saga: Logan's been the herpes of my Marvel Minimates collection for years; he's not something I actively seek out but I keep getting more anyway. Given his popularity, I'd be surprised if the set doesn't perform, especially because these cool variants have even gotten me interested. (Will I have to buy two?)

so are these all the SDCC exclusives, or just the ones fromt DST? (assuming AFX will have others)

Im liking em, so far Im not gonna have to spend a ton of money (which is good because waves 50 and 51 will be big buys for me, tons of extras)

Im on board for the wolverine set and the Jay and Silent bob pack

the lost in space set isnt familiar to me (ive never watched the show) but the mates look excellent so I may need to pick up that robot

TWD looks great, but i dont plan to start collecting that line now (Marvel and soon Invincible are my main focus)

Yeah, I thought it was going to be a set we had never heard of, so it never crossed my mind to guess this as a possible SDCC set.

Edited by karamazov80

If the Wolverine set is the only Marvel exclusive for SDCC then I think DST really missed out on an opportunity here. I'm trying to keep perspective and not take this stuff too seriously, but I'll be remarkably disappointed if this is all there will be from Marvel.

I'm not big on black and white figures, but I think I'll have to break that rule for Jay & Silent Bob.

Walking Dead is a must buy set for me.

I'm not a fan of Lost in Space so I'll probably pass on that one.

I'm on the fence about the Wolvie set (It's really just because of space suit wolvie, the nostalgia factor of the old Toy Biz figure is hard at work there smile.png )

Edited by Shogi

Wolvie: As i said before the best of the bunch because it features some classic and awesome outfits. Bought!

TWD: The sole reason i buy the line is for the civillians, the accesories and the zombies. This box set is no different so bought!

LiS: They are civvie characters which i'm always interested in. I love the robot but b&w isn't my thing so i'll probably wait till the colored version.

Jay&Silent Bob: While i'm familliar with Clerks and Mallrats i've nevr seen them. I only now that stan lee played in Mallrats so expect to see him sooner or later. If they are released in color i'll probably buy them since they are civvie figs.

Jay & Silent Bob are a great surprise! You guys really nailed the likness of these, especially Bob!

I hope there will be a) colored versions and b ) more View Askewverse characters.

TWD: still no civil Tyreese? We've already seen him and he looks perfect. Where is he?

Wolvie set looks good to me. I like that we actually get 5 Wolvies in the 4 pack.

Edited by Bob Harris

Preorders?

TWD: still no civil Tyreese? We've already seen him and he looks perfect. Where is he? /quote]

I know right? Ty is made, at least the prototype, series 5 I hope! With Carlito

I just hope AFX has better in store. I don't care about LiS and that other civie two-pack. WD is nice but i'm not too crazy about it. The wolvie set is awesome but we already knew about that.

"Civie two-pack". laugh.png Clearly, our international sales of Kevin Smith Minimates are in trouble.

But seriously, I expect all of these sets to do very well. Wish I'd been the one to reveal them... wolverine.gif

So, how did BC getting to reveal them come about? Can we assume it wasn't supposed to happen that way?

I two wonder how Rich gets certain listings and charts early from Diamond/Previews. I'm assuming he had an inside source or at least some access to hidden pages on the previews web site.

While I respect Rich's determination to gather rumors and scoops. I'm not happy at the implication here that these were not yet ready to be announced and that Bleeding Cool did not come by these in the "proper" fashion.

I feel somewhat bad for sharing these on the board as Zach clearly was excited to share these with us. I had assumed every site would be getitng the news this weekend and just wanted to share the link here since I saw no one had linked to it yet.

Things like this is why I know for my website I've pretty much stuck to press releases for product news as I prefer to have good relationships with the companies than gathering "hits" to my site.

BC got them from Previews World, I believe. They're shared with Diamond, so Diamond got to reveal them.

Kostis, is anybody not wearing tights a "civie", even robots? Is Kratos a civie?

AFX will have a couple of sets at the show. Not technically con exclusives.

BC got them from Previews World, I believe. They're shared with Diamond, so Diamond got to reveal them.

Kostis, is anybody not wearing tights a "civie", even robots? Is Kratos a civie?

I'm hoping one of the sets is the thundercats set with Grune!

When i was talking about the civvie 2pack i meant the view askew mates. It was around 1 in the morning so i forgot the name of the movie and the characters. I'm not familliar with LiS but from what i've seen they are mostly humans in simplistic space suits. Sort of like the Jetsons. Making them space-civvies in my book. The robot though is all kinds of awesome! Generally speaking a civvie in my book is a character wearing everyday clothes or someone who has no special abilities to clasify him as a superhero,a vigilante,etc. The walking dead survivors are mostly civvies but with exceptions (the zombies are, well, zombies!) Kratos is a greek soldier in my book who just happens to have superpowers. So he is a civvie in the sense of how the max officers are. They are civilians in special uniforms, clasifying them in another category.

Wow...Jay & Silent Bob!?! That's awesome, and I'm sure will sell like crazy at SDCC!

That Wolverine Saga boxset, while not a surprise set, is a nice fit for an exclusive. Can't wait to see what AFX or other retailers have planned!

Where did they get the idea for the jay and bob mates hmmmmm

DSCN8719800x600.jpg

Holy Crap! I leave town for one day and the SDCC exclusives show up smile.png

I'm really not into Black & White painted minimates. I really dislike them, I can't really mix them in with my regular mates. I'm totally buying both J&SB and LiS just to show my support, but damn I want them in color!

Kostis, don't you need "civies" to witness your superheroes battling? I know my Jay & Silent Bob will be in the background of my superhero display eventually.

As for more View Askew J&SB minimates, I want Marshal Wilenholly, and Alan Rickman's character from Dogma just for an Alan Rickman minimate! And of course, Bluntman, Chronic, and of course Mark Hamill as Cockknocker! And maybe Carrie Fisher as the hairy nun! smile.png

Not liking the Wolverine set. I really prefer the sets like Stormbreaker and Alpha Flight. I look forward to SDCC exclusives to get the rare unique characters that we don't usually see, not all of one character :( Not to mention we *still* don't have a Weapon X Wolverine yet.

As for WD, for the first time I worry 3000 wont be enough for everyone :(

Edited by monkeycrumb

It's not that i don't like civvie mates, i use them as background characters and i will buy the view askew and LiS mates but only when they are released in color. Though i may buy the LiS b&w 2pack just because of that awesome robot! But compared to last year's exclusives they are a bit less fantastic.

Ehhhhh. Never seen Jay and Silent Bob (just not a Kevin Smith fan), don't need black and white Lost in Space. Wolvie set is still a buy, but i wish it was a reveal. Walking Dead is just okay; glad to have a Farmer Herschel.

Hope there is one final reveal; after the great sets last year, i'm just a little underwhelmed. They all look quality, like usual though.

I'm sure there is another reveal to come. Is the new Thunderbolts set an SDCC set? We'll have Wolverine Saga, Thunderbolts & one other from Marvel? That seems like a pretty good amount of Marvel stuff for one con.

I'm sure there is another reveal to come. Is the new Thunderbolts set an SDCC set? We'll have Wolverine Saga, Thunderbolts & one other from Marvel? That seems like a pretty good amount of Marvel stuff for one con.

I'd like to know this as well. Particularly the Thunderbolts set. And is IM3 the other one?