UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Sdcc 2013 Exclusives Speculation Thread

Action bases... Like the flight stands that came with Peter Pan or Viewtiful Joe, right?

Luke, please stock up on these. :)

Not all the same, but I believe that one is in there.
Ah, so it's like an assortment of stands like the IM flight base and the backflip stand? That's a cool idea. Edited by Lobsterman

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Action bases... Like the flight stands that came with Peter Pan or Viewtiful Joe, right?

Luke, please stock up on these. smile.png

Ah, so it's like an assortment of stands like the IM flight base and the backflip stand? That's a cool idea.

I'm hoping for

acc0613_lg.jpgacc1086_lg.jpgacc0820_lg.jpgacc1207_lg.jpgacc0381_lg.jpgacc0819_lg.jpgacc0430_lg.jpg

Luke, please stock up on these. smile.png

Ah, so it's like an assortment of stands like the IM flight base and the backflip stand? That's a cool idea.

Would buy. Lots!

Cannonball's blast effect would be welcome too smile.png

EDIT: I actually wouldn't mind seeing the little dash effect/stand that came with Mike Haggar too actually.

Edited by Nessex

its pretty much a win-win, literally a 100% parts reuse "set". it would be cool if they came with an exclusive blank too (like the carrying cases)

its pretty much a win-win, literally a 100% parts reuse "set". it would be cool if they came with an exclusive blank too (like the carrying cases)

I think the point of making affordable bags of stands for collectors would be corrupted with the inclusion of a Minimate. One of the stands would automatically be needed for the new Minimate, essentially making it a bag of 23 not 24, and scalpers would sit on huge quantities (mint in bag, of course), waiting for the price on the exclusive to go up. Meanwhile, other Minimates will go standless.

Well here's a question for Zach about sdcc. Knowing that we have to wait a bit for the exclusives to be revealed, are you going to be giving out free minimates everyday like the past years and can you tell us what they are? Or do we have to wait on that also?

I think the point of making affordable bags of stands for collectors would be corrupted with the inclusion of a Minimate. One of the stands would automatically be needed for the new Minimate, essentially making it a bag of 23 not 24, and scalpers would sit on huge quantities (mint in bag, of course), waiting for the price on the exclusive to go up. Meanwhile, other Minimates will go standless.

ah, makes sense. I take what I said back. Do whatever makes 'em as cheap as possible so I can get lots! thanks.gif

Well here's a question for Zach about sdcc. Knowing that we have to wait a bit for the exclusives to be revealed, are you going to be giving out free minimates everyday like the past years and can you tell us what they are? Or do we have to wait on that also?

I think I just got a greenlight on a daily giveaway, yes. I'd like to wait to get a sample before I tell you what we're doing.

I know you guys work really hard to come-up with cool Promo's and giveaways for the con, but if you are ever running short on time or budget.... I would almost always be up for more blanks in colours to compliment previous releases :)

Translucent Purple, Pink, Yellow etc.. or maybe even some Metallic ones. Or even just plain solid colours. We haven't seen any orange/grey/pink/purple coloured blanks before.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the point of making affordable bags of stands for collectors would be corrupted with the inclusion of a Minimate.

Nothing is corrupted by inclusion of a Minimate. NOTHING! Does exclusion of a Minimate corrupt something? Frequently.

I would love to see more translucent promos, but at the same time I would be immensely saddened by the fact that I can't go to SDCC and would need to get a few of whatever blanks popped up. Still, would be cool though and I can't wait to see what's coming up.

Edited by The Geohound

Look for info mid-month.

And I believe the TTFC founder is entitled to a certain number of any translucent Minimate produced.

You're the best guy ever. Entitled might be a bit strong, but whatever works.

Edited by The Geohound

This year is the 50th anniversary of the X-Men.... i don't know if that will factor into the exclusives offered or not.

It didn't seem to with last years anniversary of Spider-Man, but you never know :)