UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Floors and Backdrops for Iron Man, Batman, etc.

luke314pi

Hey guys,

I have teamed up with a local printing company to make some really nice display backgrounds, and these are now available for order. I thought I would show you what we've got already, and ask for suggestions on what other backgrounds you would like to see.

Each display has been designed and scaled to work with 1/6 scale figures. Even if you don’t have a Detolf shelf, these backdrops can be used in almost any display. Each backdrop measures 15”x15” and the high resolution graphics are printed on thick semi-gloss photo paper.

display8_zps06cb6d29.jpg

display7_zps6507fad2.jpg

display3_zpseecc610f.jpg

display11_zps03bf42c4.jpg

display9_zps9e46084a.jpg

display14_zpsf72fde68.jpg

display6_zps15ea7104.jpg

display10_zps66954a35.jpg

display5_zps8cd24bd3.jpg

We offer these backdrops unmounted, or optionally you can have us mount them on industrial foam board. The foam board is also 15”x15” and can sit inside of a Detolf shelf, or on any shelf that is tall enough.

Here is one mounted on foam board, set inside the Detolf:

Detolf4_zps28fc0abb.jpg

And here is what they look like mounted on the back of the Detolf with tape or display putty:

Detolf3a_zps6b415c05.jpg

Detolf1b_zpsed6c60d5.jpg

If you are interested in having 4 backdrops printed, in order to fill your entire Detolf shelf, we offer 4 backdrops at a discounted price. We also offer custom printing services if you have high resolution graphics and would like us to print them on a backdrop for you.

Standard backdrops are $24.99 each, but if you buy 4 it drops to $79.99 total. You can check out all of our displays here: http://lukestoystore.com/1-6-scale/

3 new backdrops in the store based on requests I have received via PM and email:

display17_zps5e38516e.jpg

display18_zps64f35446.jpg

display2_zps63de8026.jpg

And here is one new backdrop I can only share here since it is a screenshot from Aliens:

display15_zpsf8d56e0e.jpg

To order this backdrop in our store, choose the Custom Display or 4 Backdrops option and mention the Aliens corridor in the comments box during checkout.

Are these like the minimate dioramas where they're printed on piece of plastic or are they just paper? Also, is there any way you can print it bigger? I'm making a wooden "box" (sort of) which is about 25x25 and couls use them as a background.

Those clouds would be so awesome for a Superman display. Did you see any daytime city rooftops in those stock photos you ran across Luke?

Edited by karamazov80

I may need to pick your brain over this subject Luke. I need a large backdrop for my 1/6th SW Clones collection and am thinking an open space cruiser hangar. I will likely need a custom size though.

These are on thick semi-gloss photo paper, and I can optionally mount them on foam board. Custom sizes are definitely available, but I only have the foam board in the standard detolf size. I don't use foam board for my own displays, as display putty works fine for me.

And I will keep an eye open for a daytime rooftop scene. :)

These are on thick semi-gloss photo paper, and I can optionally mount them on foam board. Custom sizes are definitely available, but I only have the foam board in the standard detolf size. I don't use foam board for my own displays, as display putty works fine for me.

And I will keep an eye open for a daytime rooftop scene. smile.png

Thanks for the info! I'll keep that in mind when i finish that box-thingy i'm making.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Top notch work Luke! Has anybody tried putting the Ghostbusters minimates in front of the Marshmallow man backdrops.

@karamazov80: I can place some of the figures as official. Did you make or buy the other head sculpts, they are beautiful.

• 4 months later...

I now have 1/6 scale Detolf Floors available! These are high resolution prints on thick photo paper, produced by the same professional printer that does our wall displays. These are on matte finish paper instead of glossy - I tested it both ways, and the glossy paper was very distracting for floors, even with textures that are meant to be glossy.

I have 10 designs to choose from, with everything from dirt floors to metal grates to concrete slabs, and you can also send your own images to use. As with the walls, there is a discount for buying 4. These are also cheaper than the walls because they are not as tall. You can find these new floor displays here: http://lukestoystore.com/1-6-scale-detolf-floors/

t800-01b_zps56a1f69c.jpg