UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NOW! Thunderbolts: Box Set

Zak Katz

Rulk is finally getting a much needed redo, a new Deadpool, Punisher, and Elektra. Yeah they aren't new characters but I'm excited for four fresh new and improved mates :) oh yeah T-Ross is underneath Rulk like the best of series Hulk has Bruce Banner under it

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wouldn't call a Rulk redo much-needed. I don't know if this will be all that different from the MvC box set one, but we'll see. There's almost no way that I'll buy this set, as I don't like any of the characters (I don't plan on buying the comic for the same reason), but I'm sure it will be nice.

I'm with you on questioning the need for another bulked up Red Hulk. The MvC one isn't perfect but at least it's there, Abomination is much more in need of bulking up.

I'll definitely get the set, but it would be a lot more exciting if there was someone new in it. It feels like we just got a lot of these guys.

I wouldn't call a Rulk redo much-needed. I don't know if this will be all that different from the MvC box set one, but we'll see. There's almost no way that I'll buy this set, as I don't like any of the characters (I don't plan on buying the comic for the same reason), but I'm sure it will be nice.

I agree. The comic is one of the weakest Now! offerings and I think the last Elektra and Deadpool (s) we got were pretty much perfect. Red Hulk is a character I have no patience for but a new General Ross sounds good. Curious to see how the transformation gimmick works since the color schemes do not match at all.

I agree. The comic is one of the weakest Now! offerings and I think the last Elektra and Deadpool (s) we got were pretty much perfect. Red Hulk is a character I have no patience for but a new General Ross sounds good. Curious to see how the transformation gimmick works since the color schemes do not match at all.

It is really bad, the comic. Its 1 of 2 Now comics I dropped (the other being Iron Man) cause of how ugh the plot and point was.

I'm a little disappointed with this set. I don't see anything wrong with the first Rulk we got. We just got updated Elektra, Punisher, and Deadpool figs. Unless this is finally the black and white Punisher that I've been wanting for years, I'm most likely going to pass on this.

The Red Hulk we have isn't bulked up, and the Hulk that is red from MvC doesn't look like Rulk, and if you put Rulk's head on the Hulk that is red's body it looks bad IMO. So I've been praying to the minimate gods for a new one, sorry that I wasted a spot because I'm selfish. Haha hearing about Rulk was the best part of my birthday :) This will be the first boxset I buy two of, there are three figures with alternate looks and I've been waiting for another Elektra to put in my Skrull display (not naked)

The Red Hulk we have isn't bulked up, and the Hulk that is red from MvC doesn't look like Rulk, and if you put Rulk's head on the Hulk that is red's body it looks bad IMO. So I've been praying to the minimate gods for a new one, sorry that I wasted a spot because I'm selfish. Haha hearing about Rulk was the best part of my birthday smile.png This will be the first boxset I buy two of, there are three figures with alternate looks and I've been waiting for another Elektra to put in my Skrull display (not naked)

naked elektra? O_O

i'm with you on the MvC red hulk not being on point with the real Rulk.... I'm wondering if the thunderbolts one comes with a gun.

I think it's a good way to continue the marvel now lineup.

I'm hoping this doesn't really count as a continuation of Marvel NOW! actually, and is just a one-off. There's a lot of demanded NOW! characters that have been clamored for since the theme began; just naming off-hand...

Hawkeye

Captain Marvel

Doctor Strange

Deadpool (check.)

Winter Soldier (cough, cough)

Cyclops

Uncanny X-Men

New Original X-Men

Guardians Iron Man (and others)

Guardians of the Galaxy (well, new AND old)

Among others. Not hating on the set, keep in mind, just an odd choice. Probably would have made a better con-exclusive, IMO; no mandatory new characters but cool and attractive enough to sell.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

TTF's list is great.

Still - this set seems like something of a slam-dunk from a marketing perspective. A team with a cohesive look (the red & black) with some popular bad-asses in it. Every kid knows Hulk, and most know Deadpool. Despite being different a character entirely, the sales power of Hulk alone could probably sell this set... Plus they've got Marvel's corporate mascot Deadpool in it.... total no-brainer, if you ask me.

And it's not as if Punisher & Elektra are C-listers.

I haven't seen the control art, but i do hope they change up the figures a little from there most recent releases.

Despite not hankering for these characters too much, i think they'll look great lined-up together on my bookshelf.

The Red Hulk we have isn't bulked up, and the Hulk that is red from MvC doesn't look like Rulk, and if you put Rulk's head on the Hulk that is red's body it looks bad IMO. So I've been praying to the minimate gods for a new one, sorry that I wasted a spot because I'm selfish. Haha hearing about Rulk was the best part of my birthday :) This will be the first boxset I buy two of, there are three figures with alternate looks and I've been waiting for another Elektra to put in my Skrull display (not naked)

I think Rulk's head on MvC looks fine. Sure it's not perfect but I'm happy with it in my display. That being said I will happily take a bulked up Rulk. I was telling my brother that I didn't think they would ever do an updated one.

This isn't a con exclusive? I thought it was. Anyway, I can totally understand DST's thinking in making this set-- that group of characters seems like a no-brainer (which is probably why Marvel put them together in the comic-- even though it makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER).

that group of characters seems like a no-brainer (which is probably why Marvel put them together in the comic-- even though it makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER).

That, and the art is absolutely HORRIBLE. Quite frankly, it'll be a big win for this set if DST doesn't use that "art" as reference. Yuck.