UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Glantern's 1/6 Scale Collection

Glantern

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, I never even noticed Mark VII's weird shoulder things were removable! He is a great figure, and that makes him all the greater, since those things are really fugly to me. At this point, I think I'll offload my Mark IV and VI and just keep VII.

How great are those repulser hands? I think that RDJ head is pretty horrible though. Pretty crazy that Hot Toys can't do any better. I bet you give Rocco Tartamella 3 hours and he comes up with a more accurate sculpt than HT has managed through 10 different releases or whatever.

Edited by karamazov80

The repulsor hands are really awesome. I was really excited when it was confirmed HT had added them to this figure. It's great to finally be able to properly pose him in one of his most distinctive poses. I feel the head looks better in person, but it's far from spot on. At the very least it improved somewhat from the proto, which looked more like Jeff Goldbloom than RDJ. But since I don't plan to display him unhelmeted, I'm willing to overlook how bad it is. It's amazing that after 7 figures, they still haven't managed to get his likeness down.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm so incredibly jealous of your collection.

Thanks, I guess! It's taken no small amount of effort to be able to afford them all!

So you're happy overall? I was psyched about this figure at first, but reading about all the shortcuts HT took turned me off to it.

Yeah, I think he's a decent figure. I don't think he's as impressive as Rescue Cap, but he's not as terrible as others have made him out to be. The choice of body does suck. He'd be cooler if he at least had more elbow range. Honestly, it depends on what you're looking for. For someone like me who has the other 3 Caps, it's easy to over look some of the issues because he finishes a set. He looks good in a basic standing pose on the shelf, but not much else is possible. I can't see him being anyone's definitive Cap. The biggest issue with the figure, I feel, is the price. I used some rewards points and got mine for about $150, but at $215 plus shipping, I don't think I would be as happy with him. If you're on the fence about this figure, I'd say wait and see if he's available for a bit cheaper later on.

I was a little surprised by the release of the Evil CR Superman, but I guess it was a cheap reuse of the molds and patterns. I like the base.

I have the CR Supes, but don't plan to get the Evil version.

What are your thoughts on that one, Glantern? Looks nice for what it is. It's pretty close to screen accurate from my understanding (minus maybe the hair), but there's just so little to distinguish him from the regular Superman. If they gave him a new, angry sculpt, that alone could have been a really attractive distinction. But it feels to me like they rushed both Cap and Supes in some ways. Yeah, they are con exclusives so you can forgive repaints, part re-uses, and even wacky body decisions as with Cap. But with Hot Toys I just wish they would have done something a bit more distinctive and creative. . .Hackman Luthor, Stamp Zod, Ra's al Ghul, Alfred, detective/commissioner Gordon, Maria Hill, Bucky Barnes, etc. On the other hand, my checking account is definitely happy about it laugh.png

Edited by karamazov80

I was a little surprised by the release of the Evil CR Superman, but I guess it was a cheap reuse of the molds and patterns. I like the base.

I have the CR Supes, but don't plan to get the Evil version.

Yeah, the choice seems to have been completely fueled by the relative ease of making him. The base is definitely cool!

If you already have the first Superman, this one's kind of unnecessary.

What are your thoughts on that one, Glantern? Looks nice for what it is. It's pretty close to screen accurate from my understanding (minus maybe the hair), but there's just so little to distinguish him from the regular Superman. If they gave him a new, angry sculpt, that alone could have been a really attractive distinction. But it feels to me like they rushed both Cap and Supes in some ways. Yeah, they are con exclusives so you can forgive repaints, part re-uses, and even wacky body decisions as with Cap. But with Hot Toys I just wish they would have done something a bit more distinctive and creative. . .Hackman Luthor, Stamp Zod, Ra's al Ghul, Alfred, detective/commissioner Gordon, Maria Hill, Bucky Barnes, etc. On the other hand, my checking account is definitely happy about it laugh.png

I personally really like it. But it is a bit of a puzzling figure.

It's a very solid figure. Unlike Star Spangled Cap, it doesn't have any issues and also unlike Cap, Supes feels more worth the price. It's just a palate swapped release of the previous Superman, which isn't bad, because the last one is a really well done figure, it just makes this one feel slightly...redundant. I bought it because I wanted a Superman that fit with my Nolan Batman stuff, and the more subdued colors helped with that. Outside of that admittedly out there reason, I guess the more intense Reeve fans would be interested in having it because it's another Reeve figure. But I don't think that adds up to that many buyers. Only time will tell I guess.

I have to agree on a bit of disappointment with this year's con exclusives. I figured Cap was a given, but I wish he'd had a better body choice. I was hoping for Gordon or Blake as the DC figure, since they've both been hinted at, but oh well. And the Colton figure seems so out of left field.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good Glantern. I need to get a couple of those bodies (new Wolvie has the same one) for some potential customs. But I still haven't bothered to watch that movie on DVD. . .as a kid, the thought of me being disinterested in a film including Flint, Lady Jaye, Firefly, Zartan, Snake Eyes, and Storm Shadow would have been unthinkable *sigh*

Yeah, the body's pretty decent. I really wish they'd used this one for Cap too! I saw the movie in the theatre and didn't hate it. And I bought the extended cut blu ray, but it's been sitting on my shelf shrink wrapped for almost two months. I guess I'll get around to rewatching it one of these days. But this figure's less because of the character in the movie, and more because it's a really nice high end Bruce Willis figure.