UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The venting thread

Kostisfire

Ever heard something so outright stupid that you wanted to complain on the internet? Well, this is the thread for you! I'll go first:

See, my class is outright stupid. No, they are not your typical jackasses, they think that they are "smart", they are pseudo-philosophers who think they rule the world. To give you some examples: They think Lincoln is an actor who died from coccaine overdose. They think Washington was named after the city, not the opposite. The didn't know who Margaret Thatcher or Churchill were. They confuse Marilyn Monroe with Paris Hilton and think that the best games ever made are pro evolution soccer and League Of Legends. I could go on and on but you got my point. Despite their stupidity they think that they are geniuses. Everyday is the same thing: someone makes the smartass, the others laugh and the cycle repeats itself. Despite not being able to solve a simple equation or physics exercise they continue to believe that they are modern day geniuses.

Anyway,like every class we had to paint or classroom. Fair enough. They also wanted to draw a painting (a "city" with geometrical objects, boring and unispired) in one wall. Good so far. So i went there today to help with the painting but they told me that i should come tommorrow. Since i found the design boring i decided to make a sketch of my own. I found a small collumn and drew a square of 30x30 and decided to sketch something interesting and different.I brought my citadel paints, my brushes, everything. Bassically it was a free painting. I wanted to draw one of Van Gogh's paintings but put the TARDIS in the background too. They passed. Then i showed them a green lantern pic of the emotional spectrum (not much of a superhero painting,it had no lanterns,it was comprised of the different colours and one giant power battery, bassically a really nice blend of colours and constructs). They passed. Then i showed them a TDKR pic (the one they painted in a street in a 3d like way). they passed. Then they showed me a pic they liked. It was a girl (blackd out,just the outline was visible) with a red baloon. This supposedly reminded them of Greece's free spirit or some other BS. In the end i said "screw it" and started sketching the halo 4 cover art which is awesome. I made it smaller too. They started insulting me and i simply replied that when i'm done they can paint it over if they don't like it, it's just a pencil sketch (the collumn hadn't been painted yet).

This went for about an hour and i had completed the background. By then i was the "mentally retarted guy" and they were all talking behind my back. The teacher (who happens to live on the above floor and that i know for about 10-12 years) pretended like he didn't listen a thing. Ocassionally they would come and insult me like i was beneath them. In the end i gave up and started erasing it .Then they all offered their help, something i of course denied. I tried talking to them, telling them that i know something more about art but noooooo. The only expert is a girl we have on our class (she went for about 2 years to learn drawing, nothing special, they drew flowers and other simple designs) and they trust only her. So i started erasing it but due to the fact that i was angry i erased it furiously and the skind out of my fingers came off and blood was on the wall. Needles to say by that time i was the "psychotic-stupid-retarted child". I erased it packed my stuff and left.

To summarize i wasted my morning and got insulted by children who don't know the difference between a painting and a sketch. By people who can't write an essay without cheating. So yeah, i'm feeling pretty angry, something i don't generally feel. Thing is, i'll have to shut up and be patient for 2 more years.

Now this isn't a "please feel sorry for me and tell me i'm better than them" thread. I just wanted to share with the internet the stupidity that plauges my country.

Edited by Kostisfire

I think your story is a perfect example of the "i`ve lost faith in humanity meme"

I've been a buyer on eBay for a couple months now and decided I have a couple of things i wanted to put up for sale, So I started with the game Need For Speed Most Wanted {New Ps3 one}. The first guy that won the auction had to cancel because his paypal account was banned, why he bids on an item with no way of payment? No idea, but life moves on so I re-listed the item. Another person wins the auction immediately tells me to give him positive feedback; he payed so I did. Since the newbie eBay sellers have to wait 21 days for the payment to process, eBay said it was payed to my paypal so I went ahead and messaged the buyer if he wants to pay extra for tracking, he said no so I shipped the item out and sent him a picture of the bill for proof that it shipped out. 3 days after shipping PayPal notifies me that I have to open up an account to receive my payment. For some reason he didn't have the brains to make the payment to the Paypal address that I and eBay provides him so I ask him to cancel the transaction and send it to my proper PayPal, he declines and for his reason he says "Still no receive item" mind you this is from Ontario Canada to San Francisco USA it's almost impossible to arrive that fast. I message the buyer saying it was shipped out with Light packet here in Canada and Canada Post told me it should take 21-28 buisness days to recieve the item, he agrees and I thought all way good. A week after he sends me a message saying and i quote "YOU SCAM MONEY I KNOW RECIEVE ITEM YET DEMAND REFUND YOU CHEAT ME AND EBAY" mind you it's been around 10 business days since the 21 business day mark. I explain to him that he still has to wait at least 11 more buisness days, he agrees again.

When all of this is going on I had to keep contacting Paypal to get my main adress to my PayPal adress becuase he refused to make the payment to the proper email which was an extra pain.

On April 8th he decides to open up a case saying he has yet to receive the item and I have not responded to any messages. I responded to the case explaining to him and eBay the 21-28 buisness days I was told and at this point it's been only 16 days, he shouldn't receive the item for atleast another 5 days; It's not my fault it's just the way shipping across the border works. I also said in my response that i have been keeping close contact explaining this. eBay later responds saying he won the case and eBay payed the money from my PayPal because there is no online tracking for the item; Which is hilarious because eBay took note of the bill and saw the messages where he said he didn't want to pay the extra $10 it would have been for tracking. So there is eBay and the seller stealing my game. He should have the game now and he is probabbly laughing considering he got the game now for free. eBay really needs to get there crap together..

Oh yeah the buyer is

best1buyerforever

STAY FAR FAR FAR AWAY FROM HIM.

Edited by darkredshdow

XuwbyHt.gif

This is headed towards them right? I'm not that good with memes or gifs confused.gif .

I think your story is a perfect example of the "i`ve lost faith in humanity meme"

I've been a buyer on eBay for a couple months now and decided I have a couple of things i wanted to put up for sale, So I started with the game Need For Speed Most Wanted {New Ps3 one}. The first guy that won the auction had to cancel because his paypal account was banned, why he bids on an item with no way of payment? No idea, but life moves on so I re-listed the item. Another person wins the auction immediately tells me to give him positive feedback; he payed so I did. Since the newbie eBay sellers have to wait 21 days for the payment to process, eBay said it was payed to my paypal so I went ahead and messaged the buyer if he wants to pay extra for tracking, he said no so I shipped the item out and sent him a picture of the bill for proof that it shipped out. 3 days after shipping PayPal notifies me that I have to open up an account to receive my payment. For some reason he didn't have the brains to make the payment to the Paypal address that I and eBay provides him so I ask him to cancel the transaction and send it to my proper PayPal, he declines and for his reason he says "Still no receive item" mind you this is from Ontario Canada to San Francisco USA it's almost impossible to arrive that fast. I message the buyer saying it was shipped out with Light packet here in Canada and Canada Post told me it should take 21-28 buisness days to recieve the item, he agrees and I thought all way good. A week after he sends me a message saying and i quote "YOU SCAM MONEY I KNOW RECIEVE ITEM YET DEMAND REFUND YOU CHEAT ME AND EBAY" mind you it's been around 10 business days since the 21 business day mark. I explain to him that he still has to wait at least 11 more buisness days, he agrees again.

When all of this is going on I had to keep contacting Paypal to get my main adress to my PayPal adress becuase he refused to make the payment to the proper email which was an extra pain.

On April 8th he decides to open up a case saying he has yet to receive the item and I have not responded to any messages. I responded to the case explaining to him and eBay the 21-28 buisness days I was told and at this point it's been only 16 days, he shouldn't receive the item for atleast another 5 days; It's not my fault it's just the way shipping across the border works. I also said in my response that i have been keeping close contact explaining this. eBay later responds saying he won the case and eBay payed the money from my PayPal because there is no online tracking for the item; Which is hilarious because eBay took note of the bill and saw the messages where he said he didn't want to pay the extra $10 it would have been for tracking. So there is eBay and the seller stealing my game. He should have the game now and he is probabbly laughing considering he got the game now for free. eBay really needs to get there crap together..

Oh yeah the buyer is

best1buyerforever

STAY FAR FAR FAR AWAY FROM HIM.

Wow,that's pretty sad. This is proof that sometimes, no matter what you do, the other guy will always win because he has brass (with the negative meaning of course) and is not afraid to lie and scam people.

That's a real life vent right? Fine, I got it,I'm a crybaby and I have to put on my big boy pants. But this isn't a helping thread,it's a venting thread,tooooootally different. I mean if you lived with such morons 7 hours a day wouldn't you want to vent? They think Lincoln is an actor for god's sake!

OK so now I'm on a learning curve .....I googled 'Lincoln & cocaine' .....read what I found & I guess I understand where you're coming from.

Never knew that !

Your appreciation of English truly staggers me ....& your knowledge of Anglo/American history exceeds that of many British people I know . I've said that in the hope that I'm not patronising you when I introduce two more English terms 'peer group' & 'cliques' . Currently you're 'class' is your peer group whose views you often disagree with ....get used to it because during your lifetime you will undoubtedly encounter many other peer groups they are inescapable & often tiresome. The word 'clique' often gets a bad name but cliques are where you will feel the happiest or at least the most comfortable .....your posts here demonstrate that already .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peer_group

Edited by buttheadsmate

I try to stay informed about everything (yesterday i was reading about black holes and paraller universes and you won't believe how many theories collide to create a small paragraph) so when some people don't even know the basics of worldwide history it is kinda annoying but the thing that irritates me is that even though they are illiterate they still think they are smart as hell!