UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

90's X-Men

Tetton517

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found a batch of these on eBay - it was about $50 for 6 sets, so i pulled the trigger and bought the lot. I can't wait to take some pics with x-folk training in them.

• 2 months later...

I love the 90's X-Men. Although my love for the cartoon got me to switch Jean's hair to use the Batgirl extra hairpiece so thta she can have a ponytail.

2013-06-17164121_zpsf609b22b.jpg

I also love the cartoon but Jeans hair always bothered me. This is a pretty good representation of the look but the look itself is so bad! Haha. That said, the part that bothered me most was that her ponytail came out of a hole in the back of a head condom that left the top of her hair exposed. What was she thinking when she got suited up everytime? Yours at least gets rid of that non sensical aspect of her costume. Im ripping on 90's costumes more than anything, hope you arent offended.

I love the 90's X-Men. Although my love for the cartoon got me to switch Jean's hair to use the Batgirl extra hairpiece so thta she can have a ponytail.

I also love the cartoon but Jeans hair always bothered me. This is a pretty good representation of the look but the look itself is so bad! Haha. That said, the part that bothered me most was that her ponytail came out of a hole in the back of a head condom that left the top of her hair exposed. What was she thinking when she got suited up everytime? Yours at least gets rid of that non sensical aspect of her costume. Im ripping on 90's costumes more than anything, hope you arent offended.

What's the point of having telekinesis if you can't fit into a head piece that others would find impractical and frustrating?

LOL I am not offended at all. For me the cartoon made more sense because who wants their hair in their face when fighting with super villians. It is a question I have often had with female superheroes. . . and capes.

l_zpsc40890e6.jpg

Finally got Archangel, Jubilee, Bishop, correct Colossus and Storm, and all I need know I Gambit and Psylocke.

How much did you pay for Archangel? I'm missing him, myself, and I can't find him for a decent price. Same with Gambit and Psylocke. sad.png

18 bucks, thanks to a lucky auction on eBay.

But yeah, I just resigned to never seeing Gambit or Psylocke till a Best Of wave or some kind of miracle.

Finally got Archangel, Jubilee, Bishop, correct Colossus and Storm, and all I need know I Gambit and Psylocke.

How much did you pay for Archangel? I'm missing him, myself, and I can't find him for a decent price. Same with Gambit and Psylocke. sad.png

18 bucks, thanks to a lucky auction on eBay.

But yeah, I just resigned to never seeing Gambit or Psylocke till a Best Of wave or some kind of miracle.

Gambit/Psylocke goes for $99 on Amazon.com. :(

The 90's X-Men is the X-Men. Sure, the best stories came in the 80's during Claremont's run (e.g. Dark Phoenix Saga, Days of Future Past), but most toy collectors grew up watching the animated series in the 90's. Jim Lee's garish design were quite memorable and over-all, the chemistry and interaction among the members were superb.

Even in other toylines such as Marvel Universe 3.75", Marvel Legends, Superhero Squad...some characters are quite pricey.

Personally, I am forming the X-Men 1 gatefold cover in all affordable scales, and I was first to accomplish this in minimates. I entered a cover recreation contest years back. What I still lack are the following:

Marvel Legends - no Jean Grey yet (I'm just using a custom)

Marvel Universe - there's no Beast yet, but there is one in a very similar line, Superhero Showdown, but the prices in ebay are outrageous (~70$)

Superhero Squad - Rogue, Professor X and Storm are all so expensive

Heroclix - there's no white Storm yet (I'm using the black-costumed one)

Nice - i'd love to see pics of those sometime. I've got the whole line-up of SHS. I was lucky enough to find Storm & Rogue pretty close to when they first came out on eBay. I paid inflated, but not totally insane prices. They are currently filling in as X-Babies with my ML Mojo.

I'm pretty sure there's a Jim Lee Jean Grey coming soon in the Legends range, but with Hasbro's distribution, who knows if we'll ever see it.

Nice - i'd love to see pics of those sometime. I've got the whole line-up of SHS. I was lucky enough to find Storm & Rogue pretty close to when they first came out on eBay. I paid inflated, but not totally insane prices. They are currently filling in as X-Babies with my ML Mojo.

I'm pretty sure there's a Jim Lee Jean Grey coming soon in the Legends range, but with Hasbro's distribution, who knows if we'll ever see it.

I would love to see that photo as well. The 90's X-Men are rising in costs which is annoying since I need a Rogue for a 90's X_Force Siryn and was thinking of suping up my Wolfsbane with the beast arms.

@Nessex, thereasonsy,

I'll take pics over the weekend and post it here. :)

You're lucky mate to have Rogue and Storm and yup, nowadays, the prices on ebay are just ungodly. I too, am using my ML Mojo and at times, Longshot and Spiral to emulate the X-Babies! :)

You're right on ROML Jean Grey. I think I've seen a prototype before.

I forgot to mention, while there is already a Rogue in the MU line, I have yet to find one. It has not yet reached our shores.

Probably when we all have the money, we can also complete it in Bowen scale, no? :D