UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

90's X-Men

Tetton517

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Insanely good list... can't forget the Sh'iar gang... good call Nebraska! I'm pretty partial to the Fatal Attractions storyline myself since that was covered in some of the first X-Men comics I ever owned as a kid. I'm a huge fan of Exodus, started working on a custom for him this week.

I feel like that wave MIGHT be one of the strongest I listed, up there with the Team X wave. I feel like both have strong mixes of anchor characters and newbies. But Fenris would be useless without their Upstart teammates, Graydon Creed and Fitzroy. Gamesmaster and Sienna Blaze would just have to join up later somehow. Or not. Lol

Maybe the Bishop Fitzroy two-pack could come with Malcolm and Randall heads and arms

Edited by Mnemosis

Just because X and FF are out doesn't necessarily mean that all hope is lost. In fact for the short term it could be a good thing even for fans of those properties. Many of the FF villains, being classic and all, have been utilized in both Spider-Man and Avengers titles. Any space characters esp. Gladiator, Imperial Guard, the Shi'Ar and to a lesser extent Starjammers can be crossed into Guardians of the Galaxy.

While Brotherhood characters like Toad and Mystique will likely be part of the mutant embargo; if wave 60 doesn't have brotherhood members Pyro, Blob, and Avalanche they can easily be placed in an Avengers wave as Freedom Force members. The Marvel Universe is interconnected enough that eventually we'll get out first family and mutants again. This dark time is just a way to finally get more Space and Magic waves taken care of. After all, let's face facts mutants sell so it isn't like we're looking at a Ghost Rider situation here.

I feel like that wave MIGHT be one of the strongest I listed, up there with the Team X wave. I feel like both have strong mixes of anchor characters and newbies. But Fenris would be useless without their Upstart teammates, Graydon Creed and Fitzroy. Gamesmaster and Sienna Blaze would just have to join up later somehow. Or not. Lol

Maybe the Bishop Fitzroy two-pack could come with Malcolm and Randall heads and arms

I'm buying 3 sets of any Bishop set that comes with Malcom and Randall accessories. So many mullets!

Since K80 already derailed the thread, I'll throw out there that we still need 70's X-Men boxset!

- Cyclops (blue costume redo with yellow trunks)

- Marvel Girl (Green miniskirt)

- Angel (yellow costume with suspenders)

- Beast (blue & red costume)

Supplement a TRU pack with a re-do "chiseled" IceMan with the new ice accessories from Wave 59 with a new 'Classic' Xavier with the wheelchair from Wave 58.

xmen05-580x846.jpg

Since K80 already derailed the thread, I'll throw out there that we still need 70's X-Men boxset!

- Cyclops (blue costume redo with yellow trunks)

- Marvel Girl (Green miniskirt)

- Angel (yellow costume with suspenders)

- Beast (blue & red costume)

Supplement a TRU pack with a re-do "chiseled" IceMan with the new ice accessories from Wave 59 with a new 'Classic' Xavier with the wheelchair from Wave 58.

xmen05-580x846.jpg

*Mr. Burns' voice*

Excellent!

For what it's worth, my own personal X-Men wave would consist of:

-Brown Wolverine/Silver Samurai (Obviously, we've gotten that Wolvie before, but never a good one);

-Banshee/Sunfire

-Xorn/Kid Omega

-Gideon/Adam X the X-treme

Okay, one of those is a joke.

My goal in life is to become a top dog at Marvel, if only to reveal that Adam X has secretly been behind EVERYTHING.

He IS the third Summers brother, but he staged the entire Vulcan ordeal to allow himself to operate in the shadows. He instigated the break up of the Avengers to create a void which he KNEW Wolverine would fill, changing him and his outlook on the world and placing him in a position to stand against Cyclops. HE was the father of Hope AND the intended host for the Phoenix. And Nick Fury is his bitch.

For what it's worth, my own personal X-Men wave would consist of:

-Brown Wolverine/Silver Samurai (Obviously, we've gotten that Wolvie before, but never a good one);

-Banshee/Sunfire

-Xorn/Kid Omega

-Gideon/Adam X the X-treme

Okay, one of those is a joke.

Why would you joke about Xorn that way? It's not his fault he has a stupid name sad.png

• 3 years later...
4 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Would anyone be interested in a 90s X-Men animated series assortment? Maybe the eight core members and Professor X with one of the members as a BAF? Something in time for Marvel's 80th anniversary next year?

I think there is a way to do both no? Like Storm in her white costume from the show but she’s a redo of the Black costume one. Jean Grey with an alternative ponytail. Scott with or without a jacket. Morph with extra heads like the toybiz toy...

13 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

I think there is a way to do both no? Like Storm in her white costume from the show but she’s a redo of the Black costume one. Jean Grey with an alternative ponytail. Scott with or without a jacket. Morph with extra heads like the toybiz toy...

That could work. 

Remember DST's coloring process for animated figures is different for animated 'mates. There'd be no metallic colors (yellow instead of gold). They'd blend in with "Best of/Greatest Hits" though.

Given the Fox acquisition, a "Greatest Hits" assortment might be a better place for a Jim Lee comic wave.