UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

90's X-Men

Tetton517

Everybody uses the white Storm, Nobody tempted by the black!

The black was her late 80's look. She had that costume with short white hair maybe for less than a year of the 90's, but predominantly wore it during her time in the Outback.

Edited by emperorshotz

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're missing Beast!

Also, I hadn't considered making any customs, but I think I may have to make a Morph. Anyone have an idea for the parts list on him in that

pic?

I made my Morph with the Jim Lee Wolvie (MAN WE NEED MORE OF THOSE ZACH! AND A FEMALE BODY FOR IT!) and then the jacket pieces I got from Civil War Cap , Head from BSG Captain Apollo, and the SPider-Girl Brown swoopy Hair piece. All of this was made possible because IVAN IS THE FREAKING MAN.

Cecil - Where did you get the Jubilee visor from?

Sweet! Thanks for the rundown. I think I may have all of these parts.

I made my Morph with the Jim Lee Wolvie (MAN WE NEED MORE OF THOSE ZACH! AND A FEMALE BODY FOR IT!) and then the jacket pieces I got from Civil War Cap , Head from BSG Captain Apollo, and the SPider-Girl Brown swoopy Hair piece. All of this was made possible because IVAN IS THE FREAKING MAN.

Actually I dug him out and made a mistake. The face was from Renfield and the hair I forgot where I got it from. sorry.

2013-06-23122442_zps9e6f730b.jpg

***snip***

X-Force

Cable (Wave 32)

Feral (X-Force Boxset)

Boomer or Boom-boom (TRU Wave 13)

Domino (X-Force Boxset)

Shatterstar (TRU Wave 9)

Warpath (TRU Wave 4, super-rare)

Cannonball (TRU Wave 9)

Rictor (TRU Wave 13)

***snip***

I gave up on trying to grab Warpath and just made my own...

warpath012.jpg

warpath013.jpg

warpath005.jpg

warpath007.jpg

T-Bird's torso is pretty basic as far as details go, but I really like the shoulders a lot. And I LOVE this costume. Also, I didn't think I would like the hair piece as much as I do, but it just works somehow. Plus the black belt and other bits from Warpath add a little something extra and ties it all together pretty well.

Edited by MMao

Wow. There has always been something thta bothered me about Thunderbird's epaulette shoulders that bothered me but the black underneath it really solves that. Great job! Now to get the pieces together so that I can do the same. PS these are great photos too.

Actually I dug him out and made a mistake. The face was from Renfield and the hair I forgot where I got it from. sorry.

No problem. I noticed the face was different after grabbing the fig, but I wound up using a head that has half normal and the other half skrull. Not sure which one it is exactly. I also tried a bunch of different hairs, and chose a different one. Not sure which mate it's from. I checked and it's back in black Spider-Man's hair. I also didn't have that cap like I though I did, but I'll pick one of them up in the near future.

Edited by Ucfan34

Just wanted to add a pic of all of my 90's X-Men, Gold & Blue teams, with a special guest appearance from a BIGASS sentinel...

xmen007_zpsa71c154d.jpg

That's why they're not standing like "static mannequins" your displaying 13. Display 300+ on a book shelf with them all running and it'll look dumb.

Cool pic though

Edited by Zak Katz

That's why they're not standing like "static mannequins" your displaying 13. Display 300+ on a book shelf with them all running and it'll look dumb.

Cool pic though

I only buy the ones I like so I don't have that problem. I just don't feel the need to "collect 'em all". Plus, that's not my display, I just set them up like this to snap this pic.

Plus, one of the best things about Minimates to me is the TONS of articulation packed into the tiny figs. I just think its dumb to just have them standing there like Lego men or Kubricks. Knees, elbows and ankle swivels BEG to be used. lol.

Edited by MMao

I wish I was able to show off as many of my mates as you all do! I have a 25 mate display policy only. It is good because it doesn't look cluttered but I do get sad that some of them are just in the "toy box".

I think that her Shadowcat costume still works but it is my favorite look of hers. To make the one you suggested would be tricky unless you can use decals for the chest. If so it is pretty simple since it shares parts with 90's Scott and Jim Lee Logan. I wish they would make her like that since it is very similar to the Jim Lee X-Uniform for a woman and then I could finally get my Strike Force X-Men.

So I got Retro X-Force Cable today to try and finish this line up... up, lol.

I love him, save for what seems like a common problem with him... his body suit causes severe problems with his head staying on. So I took to my Xacto knife, cut the area around the neck off, smoothed it out, and put his head on to fit perfectly, if a little sunken in.

But his head stays on, which is the best. I wish I could do the same for his guns, cause the handles are so damn thick, and I am scared the hand will snap in 2.

So I got Retro X-Force Cable today to try and finish this line up... up, lol.

I love him, save for what seems like a common problem with him... his body suit causes severe problems with his head staying on. So I took to my Xacto knife, cut the area around the neck off, smoothed it out, and put his head on to fit perfectly, if a little sunken in.

But his head stays on, which is the best. I wish I could do the same for his guns, cause the handles are so damn thick, and I am scared the hand will snap in 2.

Pics? Please :)