UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

90's X-Men

Tetton517

Forgive me for starting a new thread, but I couldn't find an old one I thought I'd read about definitive versions of characters. I just realized that I almost have the Blue and Gold teams complete for the 90's X-Men. I'm just wondering which are the best versions of Colossus, Wolverine, and Iceman to complete these teams. Thanks.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a pretty legitimate thread you started, Tetton, so you shouldn't have to worry. As far as the best versions to represent the 90's versions of these characters?

fig1458flg.jpg

Probably W47 Colosuss, the most recent available, will make a great addition to your Gold team.

fig1396flg.jpg

The recent "Best of" version of Wolverine is perfect for his Blue team iteration.

fig0076flg.jpg

Iceman (as close as he was in the 90's) you'll probably have to go with W11, which may be a tiny bit harder to track down but should be plentiful on eBay.

alticemini.jpeg

If not, you can always use the X-Men: First Class boxset Iceman, remove the hair, and add a red X-belt. That represents him best, to me, as I remember him back then. His face is a bit happier, too, which I think keeps with the character better.

Edited by emperorshotz

Thanks for the replies. I can definitely get those remaining figures. My only problem is the red belt. Luke doesn't have one listed in his parts. Anyone have an extra to spare?

You could check the Parts Exchange thread in the Flea Market or maybe ask Luke directly to see if he has a spare not listed. He just helped me out big time on my last order off his site with some New X-Men belts he had lying around that he didn't get a chance to list.

Agreed Zexion! I finally finished my 90's collection last month thanks to buttheadmate :D. I've been putting off taking pictures for sooo long but pictures coming soon! I know you've all seen them but you'll get to see them again in all their splendor from on my bookcase shelf.

I'm using the Wolvie from wave 47 in my X-Men set up

I still need to get a Nightcrawler and Gambit for my teams (Still deciding which Nightcrawler to get or if I want to combine the two into an ultimate version)

To me tiger stripe wolverine is more 90's than brown wolverine, and while I like the colors and the eye placement on the mask much better on the best of wolverine, you can't beat the comic style shadowing and definition that comes on wave 28 wolverine.

I was able to get the brown Wolverine/Dark Magneto set as well as the frosted Iceman/Firestar set off eBay. I just need to get an extra Colossus from wave 47 and I'll have my teams. Although no one suggested the frosted version of Iceman, I've been wanting it for a while. I'm also loving the Dark Magneto.

Zexion, I saw both of those sets you're looking for today on eBay. Right now, I think they're both fairly cheap, around $6 a piece with $6 shipping and 3 days to go. If you can't find them, let me know and I'll try to get a link.

yeah, I found them earlier, and I'm anticipating a 40 dollar bid extravaganza by the last hour.

Here are my Gold and Blue lineups...

xmenDG2013.jpg

goldteam039.jpg

I'm using the Dark Magneto Wolvie, I prefer the brown costume too. But I really like the new Brood-verine' s claws, boots, etc. better, so I currently have him going berzerk a top a BAF Sentinel. The lifts in his boots aren't noticable when he isn't standing next to other MMs.

I also am using the blue tinted Iceman in this pic. I liked the look of him and he was cheap and easy to find (for me at least). But I intend on grabbing a frosted Iceman at some point.

And I'm liking how that green Phoenix is looking in that group shot. Might try to grab one of those as well.

Are there any easy to do customs for Forge and Banshee?

Edited by MMao

As far as the Uncanny box set, does anyone else display that Magneto with their New Mutants team?

we are talking the set with Bishop yes? I do, I display that Magneto with my New Mutants