UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ultra-Act Figures

I only just recently discovered this line when I saw someone's review of the second version of the original Ultraman. I used to watch that show non-stop when I was a kid, so I grabbed the figure off of Amazon. He arrived yesterday, and holy cow is this figure impressive! He's so much fun to play with and pose. I haven't been able to put him down since he got here.

Ultraman4.jpg

I've started looking at some of the other figures, particularly the other "Ultra Brothers." Unfortunately, it seems that getting Zoffy, who is my favorite of the Ultras, is no small feat.

Does anyone else here collect this line?

OMG, why did you do this. Now I gotta go get him.

True story for the old timers... When I was a kid we only had a black and white TV for the longest time. I watched Ultraman religiously and never really knew what color he was, for sure, because black and white TV. So Dad gets the idea to purchase a new color TV, one of those huge models built into a wooden cabinet that only the older guys will remember. Turns out that the day we get the TV home was the last day that Ultraman was being run on the network and the TV showed up too late and I missed the episode. Long story short, it was years before I saw Ultraman in color.

Like I said, only the old timers can relate...

No worries. It was an entertaining read.

And I can't recomend this figure enough. It's great to have an awesome Ultraman figure after all this time!

So good news is that Zoffy's getting a reissue in July. Bad news is it looks like he's already sold out at most places. Ugh...

Funny about Zoffy. I didn't realize he was so popular. Original Ultraman for me. I wonder if they will do any villains. Ultraman has some of the most bizarre villains out there.

Nevermind, I just spotted Baltan and Eleking.

Zoffy's popularity is crazy. I'm hopeful that I can get a hold of two of the reissue. My Dad really likes Zoffy, so I want to get him one for his birthday.

The mosters are pretty cool too. They recently showed a prototype of Zetton, which I'm looking forward to.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...