UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

just another crazy...

hello fellas!

name is hugo. found this place through the FB page which I understand was created when there were tech issues here ... so that was fun but it only makes sense to take the dive and join the real party!

I guess I'll tell u about myself. ... Canadian... Toronto.

Had a great action figure collection as a kid, trading cards too.. fell out of it.... got into McFarlane figures... fell out of it... school came in... 4yrs of art school .. picked up a few things here and there.. some mates and random stuff...

somehow I got into MarvelUniverse figures when they came around... amassed a good collection .. then there was a "drought" and so I lost interest... sold off all of them, got into Legends and more DCUC ... got bored ... also they take up lots of space...

Found old box of minimates I had... combined w the great stuff coming out... the hunger began again... the hunt!!!

Now I'm ranting.

You seem like good people. I look forward to joining you all in the madness!

Welcome aboard! I had very similar collecting habbits as far as ML, MU, and DCUC are concerned. But I made the switch to DST a little over a year ago and haven't looked back since. Minimates are a great product and you've found the best place to talk about them!

art school! a place to meet awesome people and come out owing tons of money...
i majored in Drawing and Painting... Fine Art... so i have a Bachelor of Fine Art degree which is good for... nothing. i mean i do art and stuff and freelance gigs here and there but in the long run i could have probably done all that without the actual schooling.

thanks for the welcomes guys!

Yes it is! :) I draw lots of skulls for some reason... lately lots of robots and luchadores haha..

Website is old, needs a huge update but whatever..

www.blamethesky.com

Need to get my hands into customizing minimates, not much of a sculptor so we'll see how this goes haha

Welcome, dude!

A time of loving Mcfarlane and loosing it, and 4 years at art school? That sounds very familiar to me!

Plus the amassing of a collection that takes up a lot of space...