UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Charitymates 7

Oh, I just figured Disney had outright bought the character for their movie. If you've done the research, I stand corrected.

How did you do the codpiece and bandolier? I don't recognize those pieces.

Codpiece is from the Advance Hybrid in the Playstation Resistance set

Bandolier is Nathan Drake's Shoulder Holster put on backwards

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great piece! JC is on my short list to get done. nice part selection(mine so far uses a bunch of extra thundercats stuff), and I think the cod piece is from that Sony alien dude. I said it somewhere before that I'd love this as a series of mates.

It wasn't set in stone. But usually the previous ones go March/April - charity/theme decisions, May/June - build customs, July - Auctions. Last year took way the heck longer than normal due to personal reasons. It's not set in stone, but its not like this wasn't mentioned back in April. *shrug* We can push it back if more time is needed.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

I didnt realize I signed up, I think I was initially booking an idea for Brobotc but he may have gone a different route. Ill see if i have any time/ideas but Its not looking good

It wasn't set in stone. But usually the previous ones go March/April - charity/theme decisions, May/June - build customs, July - Auctions. Last year took way the heck longer than normal due to personal reasons. It's not set in stone, but its not like this wasn't mentioned back in April. *shrug* We can push it back if more time is needed.

I'm aware of when it was mentioned, and how long we have had. this is one of the few threads I get email notices for. Due to my schedule, with work, kids, wife, house, etc...... I may get a few hours every few weeks where I can work on customs, or design stuff, or any other stuff I'd like to do. When I did my entry for the 10th anniversary thing it was the first time I opened up photoshop in months, not kidding. And I had a window of about 2/3 hours to get that done. 99% of my posts and messages and online time is now from my phone, which allows me to keep up with everything.

I appreciate 110% of what your doing and trying to move this along. I can only speak for myself, but to be honest, your comment and subsequent shrug annoyed me a little bit ( maybe it's because I've been up since 4:00 with my 6 month old )

Trust me, I'd love to be able to work on custom stuff 8-10 hours a day, I really would. I love to do it, but I can't. So, if I don't have one done, it's not because I didn't want to, or care about this thing. It's just because I don't have enough time.

Sorry if this seems like an extremely long and unnecessary posting, but had to give my $ .02

Your charitable pal, nerv

Thanks everyone. i really appreciate the feedback. And Nervous brings up several good points. (Sorry if I annoyed you buddy) Would it help to push it back to August 1st? That gives us another 6 weeks and a solid May/June/July of customizing. Yes? No? Maybe so?

Okay, here's my first entry.

komander_zpsd8737a14.jpg

Komrade Kodiak

CCCP Special Agent

Anya Nesti was just another comrade of the state. She didn't live in a metropolis near the factories, but she was happy to serve the Fatherland by working on her papa's farm. Then one day, when she was just a girl, she was out playing near Krasnoyarsk Krai when she met a fearsome bear. Instead of playing dead, the frightened girl ran, and the bear chased her into the Tunguska crater. There she discovered a strange glowing rock. When she awoke the bear was gone and she was all alone. But she began experiencing bouts of extreme rage and muscle growth. The party heard of her powers and transported her to Moskow to under go special training. There they taught her how to control her rage and she became Komrade Kodiak: Strongest Woman in Russia!

komander2_zpscb7ef53c.jpg

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

nice work fellas! HP, The Black Terror is one of my favorite comic book characters.... so much so, that he was one of the ones I was working on, lol... no biggie though, because I have a handful of those guys started from the project superpowers lineup. Soo many cool costumes in that era! I'll be at the beach all next week with a pile of minimates, and should be able to finish at least one (plan on donating 2 or 3 ) If anyone is having a hard time with character selection, do a search of these books, and if anyone would like, I can upload some scans where Alex Ross did a bunch of these guys in a lineup in their classic duds.

TM2, I really dig the concept and look of your character, and no hard feelings from before, I just wanted to bring up why I was having a hard time following the schedule, and thought maybe others were as well. With this being for charity, I didnt want to just put together some quickie custom(which is why I wasnt able to submit anything for a few of them), I try to do my finest work for these things.

TM2, I really dig the concept and look of your character, and no hard feelings from before, I just wanted to bring up why I was having a hard time following the schedule, and thought maybe others were as well. With this being for charity, I didnt want to just put together some quickie custom(which is why I wasnt able to submit anything for a few of them), I try to do my finest work for these things.

Oh good. I've kind of been over here stressing thinking no one would participate because I'm the one who was doing it. Phew. No hard feelings received. smile.png