UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Charitymates 7

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys just curious about something. A few questions... is Monday the best day to start an auction ? how long will the auctions run? And has there been any promoting done, or planned for the auctions, or cause?

I think last years auctions could have used a bigger boost. Just throwing a few things out there :-) and I can't wait to bid on a few of these!

Hey guys just curious about something. A few questions... is Monday the best day to start an auction ? how long will the auctions run? And has there been any promoting done, or planned for the auctions, or cause?

I think last years auctions could have used a bigger boost. Just throwing a few things out there :-) and I can't wait to bid on a few of these!

Once the auctions go live I will update the Charitymates web site and send out press releases to about a dozen places. I will also post it to the Facebook pages of Minimates Central, Minimate Factory, and Luke's Toy Store. Any other marketing would be greatly appreciated!

Got the ebay account flipped over. I'm waiting one one package from (the very late >.> ) BrobotC. I'm thinking these should go live Monday.

Also, as I was getting everything ready, I noticed that the Sandy Hook charity is no longer viable. Um... thoughts?

I don't have any suggestions at the moment - anyone else?

Once the auctions go live I will update the Charitymates web site and send out press releases to about a dozen places. I will also post it to the Facebook pages of Minimates Central, Minimate Factory, and Luke's Toy Store. Any other marketing would be greatly appreciated!

>Got the ebay account flipped over. I'm waiting one one package from (the very late >.> ) BrobotC. I'm thinking these should go live Monday.

Also, as I was getting everything ready, I noticed that the Sandy Hook charity is no longer viable. Um... thoughts?

I don't have any suggestions at the moment - anyone else?

That sounds fantastic, Luke! as for suggestions, I had made one a few pages back about a group who helps out families of fallen military members as well as those veterans suffering from post traumatic stress disorder.

I know many of these guys on a personal level (even an old roomate), having served with them during my days in the Marine Corps.

if there is any interest for this auction, or even beyond this auction, here is the website.

http://alwaysbrothers.org/

I think most people list things on a Sunday, so that's probably the best day to do them, and run them Sunday to Sunday.

I would be disappointed if we couldn't do a Sandy Hook-related charity, but anything supporting veterans would be a fine substitution.

I found it. They merged it into United Way.

United Way extends our most sincere condolences and prayers to all those families affected by the devastating events in Newtown/Sandy Hook, Connecticut. As people from our area and beyond respond to this heartbreaking tragedy, they are turning to United Way for help. In response, United Way of Western Connecticut in partnership with Newtown Savings Bank has created the 'Sandy Hook School Support Fund' that will be able to provide support services to the families and community that has been affected.

Got it with the account switch and everything. smile.png I'll list stuff this weekend.

Are these live? I don't see any bids yet if they are. I also feel like I've been speaking up too much, I hope not, I just want these auctions to do well. I want to also suggest having photos of the minimates be the main picture. I only say this because I generally skip over auctions without photos of what the item is.

I totally appreciate all you are doing Dino, and know you want the same, these are just my thoughts, and hope you don't take them the wrong way.

I want to also suggest having photos of the minimates be the main picture. I only say this because I generally skip over auctions without photos of what the item is.

That's a good idea. I don't know if it's still possible, but it should be easy by just changing the order of the pics.

Other than that, thanks for doing this TM2, good job!

Great suggestions guys....With the lack of bids after a few days now, it would appear the auctions and the titles may be pretty confusing, and it takes a few clicks to get to actually see what they are for. With all the work everyone put into these, I'd hate to see ptential bidders just pass them over

Thanks again for all your hard work Dino!

Sorry guys, Ebay changed their rules. Once the auctions went live, i can't change anything. Not even the description or the order of the pics. Especially not the price. Even on the ones that have no bids. Not sure why they did that, but I really don't like it.

I guess I should have used the group shot and not the charity logo. Sorry, I screwed up. sad.png

The good news being that, as of right now, all of them have bids except for 4. A few are over the $15 mark, so that's good. Looks like we're going to sell out this year, So bid often.