UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain America: The Winter Soldier minimates

elhonez

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "A" doesn't stand for France!

God, did I hate that moment. Captain America? More like Captain Stryker. Yes, you could say that in the 40s people weren't exactly that open-minded and were pretty tight, but Cap is supposed to be above all that. He's supposed to be the best, most valiant, most heroic, most caring person on the world. That's what makes him special, not his powers nor his uniform (uniform as in being a great leader, strategist and all that).

Edited by Kostisfire

God, did I hate that moment. Captain America? More like Captain Stryker. Yes, you could say that in the 40s people weren't exactly that open-minded and were pretty tight, but Cap is supposed to be above all that. He's supposed to be the best, most valiant, most heroic, most caring person on the world. That's what makes him special, not his powers nor his uniform (uniform as in being a great leader, strategist and all that).

I have far more an affinity to Captain America than ever I could ,or have, had with (say) Captain Britain , the whole concept of the character personifies all that is best about the US. Having said that .....& whilst I must say I smile at the "A" quote*...... it isn't Cap's finest moment . Funny but not fine.

*Ultimates ?

I have far more an affinity to Captain America than ever I could ,or have, had with (say) Captain Britain , the whole concept of the character personifies all that is best about the US. Having said that .....& whilst I must say I smile at the "A" quote*...... it isn't Cap's finest moment . Funny but not fine.

*Ultimates ?

Ultimates, aye.

I still love that moment.

I love Ultimate Cap, not for being Captain America, but for being a fun to read commentary of public perception of the character prior to the films

and he does have a few lines in that run that i ABSOLUTELY want him to say in the films, even if its jokingly or ironically

*Ultimates ?

I myself quite like Captain Britain.He was pretty entertaining in MI:13 and the classic Alan Moore comics. It's just that Marvel doesn't know what to do with him, as evident by the Remender X-Force issues which featured a less than great Captain Britain. I would have put him in Hickman's New Avengers (AKA Illuminati) but oh well.

I'm anxious too. I've stopped reading any reviews for fear of spoilers.

As far as the Ultimate Cap discussion I always looked at him as a bully and quickly developed a dislike for the character. I acknowledged his necessity but hated the way he went about his business. I'm with Kostis, that's not Steve Rogers to me, it's "a" Cap.

my theater is set to have a crew screening tomorrow, im very excited :D

Love the signature btw !! Still need to buy The new infamous but Minimates take all my money lmao