UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain America: The Winter Soldier minimates

elhonez

Thor needs any helmet because i'm really getting sick of that NOT being a thing, but i'm a fan of Cap without a mask. Commander Rogers is still my favorite Cap look, so i'm loving this. Hope he ditches the helmet early enough; Evans is a good-looking guy but he's got a pretty young face, and the mask/helmet works better with a grittier Steve.

I appreciate the commentary Zach, here's hoping it's Redford (can you tell i really want a Redford figure?) in that line-up. Curious as to Sharon's role in the film, because i'm not picturing much as long as Widow has a major role.

...We really need a SHIELD movie already.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree strongly. Cap wears a mask and Cap has always worn a mask the entire time I've been reading up until 08 or whenever the Commander Rogers stuff started. He wears a mask and red, white and blue colors and it is what it is! I want real wings on the mask too, not this painted on crap. It's not that I dislike the Commander Rogers look cause I don't.. it's a good alternate look. But I wanna see the Cap I grew up with in the movies.

For me, Cap never was about the costume, it was about the man. So, tbh i prefer the Commander Rogers look. That and the Ultimate suit are my favorite looks for Cap. I like the classic but in this day and age it doesn't fit. Same goes for Peter's red and blue costume and that's why, when he comes back, i hope he keeps the superior costume.

I agree with Kostis's first point, Cap's WHOLE THING is "its not the suit that makes the soldier, its the man", where Tony and Thor began their career in the opposite regard, which is why he works so well, he comes to a team of people who all rely on their powers/suits/tech and havent learned what it means to look inside yourself for strength, and he brings that out in them. His costume is irrelevant, sure the blue/red/white/stars and stripes are important to his patriotism, but hes never been about the flag, hes about what he feels it represents, and in this day and age, he might not agree with what our flag represents, and this stealth costume may be an indirect or very blatant reference to that

It's interesting that in the trailer there's also a shot of Cap in the old red, white and blues. Looks like the First Avenger suit too.

I wonder if he starts the movie in it, then progresses onto the new suit. Or if he throws away the new suit to don the classic after being upset by SHIELDs agenda.

And is it possible we will get 3 cap mates? Civilian, new suit and classic.

the red white and blue suit in the trailer is a suit that is on display in the Smithsonian, its similar to his original but has tweaks, such as a third stripe down the stomach as opposed to just the red straps. My guess is it was an intended mach 2 for when Cap returned from his mission at Hydra-Base

the red white and blue suit in the trailer is a suit that is on display in the Smithsonian, its similar to his original but has tweaks, such as a third stripe down the stomach as opposed to just the red straps. My guess is it was an intended mach 2 for when Cap returned from his mission at Hydra-Base

Good insight, cheers!

I disagree strongly. Cap wears a mask and Cap has always worn a mask the entire time I've been reading up until 08 or whenever the Commander Rogers stuff started. He wears a mask and red, white and blue colors and it is what it is! I want real wings on the mask too, not this painted on crap. It's not that I dislike the Commander Rogers look cause I don't.. it's a good alternate look. But I wanna see the Cap I grew up with in the movies.

I agree that Cap's look is iconic and I love that look. I just don't think it translates to real life. I've never seen a real live human in an accurate cap mask that doesn't look ridiculous.

I don't think the mask is protecting Steve Rogers' identity as much as it's protecting the eternal symbol of Captain America. If the general public identifies Cap exclusively with Steve Rogers, when he dies, Cap goes with him.

But apparently that's not how the Marvel Comics universe has dealt with it.

Something to remember is that Commander Rogers isn't meant to be Cap, this is super-spy Steve Rogers. It's him working with SHIELD to apprehend political and international targets and threats. Considering the context of Winter Soldier, that makes sense here, and being "black ops" for the time being, a mask isn't really necessary.

IF this was publicity stunt full-on red-white-and-blue Cap, i'd completely agree that the mask is necessary as part of the symbol. But this is a more martial Steve who operates "outside" of traditional law and superhero activity (i was a BIG fan of Super Soldier and the old Secret Avengers) and thus isn't Captain America.

As long as the super-spy activity is what they use Commander for, or i guess meeting in-uniform with Pierce, and not as icon Captain America, i have no problem with it.

Yeah - the trailer looks like Cap is being put into a SHIELD-type role of secret spy and it doesn't really agree with him. I suspect this Rogers look will be sported through-out the film while he struggles with the idea of spying on the American people and keeping them in the dark, before he saves the day, renounces SHIELD and dons the Red, White & Blue once more just in time for the credits to roll.

Edited by Nessex

• 2 weeks later...

Wave 55 lineup per BBTS email:

Stealth Uniform Captain America vs Crossbones

Final Battle Captain America vs Winter Soldier

Black Widow vs Agent Sitwell

Falcon vs Batroc

No army builder for this wave?

Falcon vs Batroc <<<< THIS IN A 616 2 PACK DST! NOW!!!

Seems a pretty cool line-up character-wise. Shame no agent 13 - I would have swapped her for black widow as we have a few movie versions of her already, plus then I could have started my "Revenge" display too lol. Other than that an interesting group of characters as movie waves go though.

Wave 55 lineup per BBTS email:

Stealth Uniform Captain America vs Crossbones

Final Battle Captain America vs Winter Soldier

Black Widow vs Agent Sitwell

Falcon vs Batroc

No army builder for this wave?

Sounds like an awesome wave, low on civilians. Don't mind no army builder, prefer 8 different ones. Do wonder what's going on with TRU though. Don't always pick up the movie figures but this character selection sounds really good. Anyone have any idea what Batroc will look like?