UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain America: The Winter Soldier minimates

elhonez

That does not look like Evans. And yes, DST should ask for a rider to the contract for this movie so we can get vehicles.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Putting the Mandroids in a less ostentatious color definitely makes them look better. I'd love to see them as an army builder in an upcoming wave. You'd think there would be enough Iron Man parts that could be reused that the whole thing wouldn't have to be new.

I'd love to see minimates of these guys (Mandroids) in the movie-style gun-metal grey as ML is doing..... but i'd also love classic yellow comic-style ones too.

Might even be able to do a bit of parts re-use from the Hulkbuster figure...

Edited by Nessex

• 2 weeks later...

The new Captain America trailer was of course a substantial amount of Hot Sex!! but does anyone find it kind of amusing that we had to wheel and deal to get a Commander Steve Rogers 'mate, and now we're definitely going to get one anyway in the movie wave?

Guardians isn't coming out until August. Both Amazing Spider-Man 2 and X-Men: Days of Future Past will be out in May.

Series 54 seems an awful lot like a consolation prize and isn't scheduled for a release until late January, and given DST's estimates lately, I'd expect it to show up a month later.

TRU has passed on a Thor 2 series and if their previous Cap movie series is any indication, I wouldn't be surprised if they pass on this film, too. That could impact DST's decision to offer 'mates based on the movie at all.

Yes, Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy are Marvel Studios flicks, Spidey is Sony and X-Men is Fox. I appreciate the distinction but I'm looking at it from DST's perspective of workload and return on investment. So while Winter Soldier might be Marvel Studios' bigger release this year, Spidey and X-Men might make safer bets.

It's not like DST hasn't announced a movie wave and then cancelled it in the past, sadly.

I do hope we get one. I just don't recall anyone from DST confirming it.

Cap 2 assortment confirmed. It won't be at TRU, but it'll still be a pretty fantastic wave. I think there are five new movie characters in it.

TRU passing on a Marvel Studios line doesn't impact us, I think it's part of our overall Marvel deal, and we do Marvel waves that are exclusively for specialty all the time. Fox and Sony I'm not sure.

Edited by DSTZach

So I'm assuming the wave will have:

- Cap (new costume)

- Black Widow

- Falcon

- Nick Fury

- Winter Soldier

- Robert Redford (I don't know his character's name)

- ???

- ??? (If there's no army builder)

Who else is in the movie? And more general military/SWAT guys for the army builder or none for this wave?

So I'm assuming the wave will have:

- Cap (new costume)

- Black Widow

- Falcon

- Nick Fury

- Winter Soldier

- Robert Redford (I don't know his character's name)

- ???

- ??? (If there's no army builder)

Who else is in the movie? And more general military/SWAT guys for the army builder or none for this wave?

Zola's in this somewhere. So we might be able to get an Arnim Zola moviemate.