UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain America: The Winter Soldier minimates

elhonez

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a reflection of the movies themselves (I consider Avengers in my Top 5 Movies period), but rather my lack of free time and money, the only Marvel Studios movie I'd seen more than once in theaters was Iron Man 2, and that was only due to two different friends wanting to see it at two different times.

Until now.

I've seen Winter Soldier 3 times so far, and I'm considering keeping that number rising. laugh.png

The bad part of that is, it's making me want these Minimates more than any others.

The Stealth suit is going to replace my default shelf Steve, movie Falcon will replace comic Falcon, and Bucky Cap is getting replaced by Winter Soldier (though, I may create an amalgam of movie & comic WS). I'll continue to upgrade my Widow, too.

One I noted that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere yet on the web, is that the shield bunker that Cap and Widow go to is in WHEATON, NJ as in joss WHEADON

Well, first, it's Joss Whedon. Secondly, there may not be a Wheaton, NJ, but there are plenty of other US towns with that name (I live right by the one in Illinois): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheaton, and there are multiple locations named "Wheaton" in Millville, NJ (a glass manufacturer, an arts & cultural center).

I think the reason you haven't seen it mentioned is because there's no connection to be made.

Edited by TENIME_art

Not a reflection of the movies themselves (I consider Avengers in my Top 5 Movies period), but rather my lack of free time and money, the only Marvel Studios movie I'd seen more than once in theaters was Iron Man 2, and that was only due to two different friends wanting to see it at two different times.

Until now.

I've seen Winter Soldier 3 times so far, and I'm considering keeping that number rising. laugh.png

The bad part of that is, it's making me want these Minimates more than any others.

The Stealth suit is going to replace my default shelf Steve, movie Falcon will replace comic Falcon, and Bucky Cap is getting replaced by Winter Soldier (though, I may create an amalgam of movie & comic WS). I'll continue to upgrade my Widow, too.

One I noted that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere yet on the web, is that the shield bunker that Cap and Widow go to is in WHEATON, NJ as in joss WHEADON

Well, first, it's Joss Whedon. Secondly, there may not be a Wheaton, NJ, but there are plenty of other US towns with that name (I live right by the one in Illinois): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheaton, and there are multiple locations named "Wheaton" in Millville, NJ (a glass manufacturer, an arts & cultural center).

I think the reason you haven't seen it mentioned is because there's no connection to be made.

I'm with you on that. I haven't seen any movie at the theater twice but i've seen TWS 4 times. As for the mates, I'll be doing the same. Comic versions are great and all, but these designs especially feature the exact amount of extra detail and comic faithfulness that i like.

Until now.

yeah Im not sure what your rambling about, I never said there wasnt a Wheaton NJ.(Frankly I dont really care if there is or isnt) I do however find it interesting that they chose that town name, as Im sure IT WAS AN INTENTIONAL NOD TO JOSS.

Whose face/hair for sharon? pretty spot on.

Sharon is a Wave 45 Hill head (yeah the eyes are not the correct

color but the face is nice and blue eyes with the blonde hair works for

616 Sharon) , Modified season 2 boxset jack Bauer jacket, Modified AOU

boxset Angelas hair, Paint

Pierce is TRU ASM movie Dr. Conners head, repainted Red hair piece from MAX elite heroes spec ops, repainted wave 43 J.J.J. suit

There were only 4 airbases in NJ during World War II, but the one that did the most Army training was in Millville/Wheaton, NJ. It became a gunnery school. The rest were used more for strategy and defense, with some but little training. Considering the context, and that Whedon is pronounced wee-don and not wheat-on, i really doubt it was intentional. You did say you weren't seeing anyone talk about it; I'm assuming that's because you weren't supposed to draw that connection.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

I tried to find out if they referenced the name of the Army base in Captain America: The First Avenger, since it was his old army base, but couldn't find anything. Not sure if production on Cap 1 predates Whedon's hiring, which would have proved it.

I have packaged samples, but I do not think we will have the main shipment in time. Sorry, We might have something new there, but we'll see.

I am surprised no one has mentioned Widow's trinket from another Avenger....

I thought that was one of the best Easter Eggs of the movie, even if it was a little obvious.