UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain America: The Winter Soldier minimates

elhonez

Man, I would LOVE to see some tie-in exclusive boxsets at NYCC and SDCC. Maybe a movie themed boxset and a 616 themed set. I really wish DST would widen their product windows by a few months, especially after a movie is proven critically and commercially successful.

Imagine a 616 boxset with all the vibrant colors and details of the Best of Waves:

- Captain America (Classic costume, hell reissue the Best of version)

- Classic Falcon

- Classic Black Widow (ala Champions but with comic style yellow details instead of gold)

- Updated Sterenko era Nick Fury

tumblr_inline_mzekt0jehA1qcryb6.gif

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there's enough left from the movie to carry a boxset. Sure, you could come up with four characters to fill the slots but it's not like there were any glaring omissions in the wave we're getting. I'd be surprised if we were to see more comic-based Cap minimates too since 54 had the theme pretty well covered.

Cap - shield uniform

Cap - new style cap uniform

Winter soldier

Black widow

Falcon

Sharon carter/agent 13

Pierce(Redford) possibly with a "revealed" head/mask

Zola or nick fury or Crossbones

Its fun to look back in this thread and see all the early speculation and how it compares to the actual info now that the movie/wave is revealed.

I got 5 of the 8(even though Zach mistakingly said 4,and 6 if my guess of crossbones counted) and never would have thought(and still don't think it was the right call) we would get Sitwell over Pierce.

who would have thought Batroc would have(though only slightly)the larger role over agent 13.

I think I didn't count Matt's guess of a "new style" uniform because it was technically Cap's old uniform, but I guess the Minimate is new. And I think he added Crossbones in an edit after I'd responded, leading to a lot of clarification on my part, but I would have given it to him, for sure. I solicited the figure as Crossbones, but they said we couldn't call him that.

I also remember arguing that Zola wasn't in the movie, and someone arguing that of course he was, he was on Imdb. Now, you can see what I meant about him not existing, since he wasn't physically present in the film. But I hope we eventually get to make a Toby Jones Zola.

Sorry if any of my reluctance to confirm plot details struck a nerve with anybody. I signed an NDA, so I probably shouldn't have played the game at all.

Regarding Zola's look and Cap's uniform:

I'd be happy with a computer monitor Zola. smile.png

And Cap's WWII uniform is slightly different from the first one but I can chalk that up to The Smithsonian getting one of his other suits. I'm just glad he didn't grab the USO outfit that was probably on display elsewhere.

I think I didn't count Matt's guess of a "new style" uniform because it was technically Cap's old uniform, but I guess the Minimate is new. And I think he added Crossbones in an edit after I'd responded, leading to a lot of clarification on my part, but I would have given it to him, for sure. I solicited the figure as Crossbones, but they said we couldn't call him that.

I also remember arguing that Zola wasn't in the movie, and someone arguing that of course he was, he was on Imdb. Now, you can see what I meant about him not existing, since he wasn't physically present in the film. But I hope we eventually get to make a Toby Jones Zola.

Sorry if any of my reluctance to confirm plot details struck a nerve with anybody. I signed an NDA, so I probably shouldn't have played the game at all.

No worries Zach, I think we all understand the rules you must play by, none of my comments were meant as any disrepect or complaining. Like I said its fun to look back and see how close we got, at least it is to me.

also just as a fun "fact" techinically the WWII style uniform that Cap dons in the movie is new as the design has changed slightly from the TFA one note the extra red stripe in the center of his Tummy and other slight changes, in movie this is explained as when cap was lost/frozen he was still wearing his uniform hence it was probably destroyed after 70 years on ice, so for the Museum collection his suit was recreated "as closely" as possible, in the real world I think the studio wanted to make the changes to bring it slightly closer to the comic uniform.

My custom Alexander Pierce, and Agent 13 Sharon Carter

DSCN8963_zps11e984cb.jpg

]DSCN8964_zps7afb8d92.jpg

Edited by Mattallica

Why wouldn't they pay more attention to detail when putting a replica together, though? It isn't like they didn't have loads of reference material.

well maybe it was destined to be the mach 2 costume