UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain America: The Winter Soldier minimates

elhonez

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh man what a great looking set. Cant wait to put a blonde hairpiece on that Sitwell though. Angry widow gets an A+ in my book. Any body else think it's funny how movie Widow's outfit gets darker with each release?

Is the stealth suit the Commander Rogers suit I see in the trailers? It's featured so much I was looking forward to the mate.

That's the one! It certainly looks a little more...uh, blue, on film. Seems a little on the light side from that picture, but that could be due to lighting or just the prototype colors, who knows. Either way, it looks cool. :) I wouldn't mind if it went to production in those colors to differentiate it from the Fury Jr./Commander Rogers mate's costume.

I sincerely hope Batroc doesn't join Blob and Iron Monger in the "only a movie Minimate" club.

...and Whiplash, Volstagg, Destroyer, Dum Dum Dugan, Sebastian Shaw, Yukio, Shingen Yashida, Heimdall, Malekith...and all of the civilian characters (Betty Ross, Uncle Ben, Jane Foster, Happy Hogan, Silver Fox).

Pepper Potts (if Rescue counts as a Pepper 'mate?), Viper, General Ross (again, does Thunderbolts Red Hulk count as a Ross 'mate?) and Maria Hill are some of the few exceptions to the unwritten rule, and they are all very recent.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we got the movie versions, but it does seem like once the figure gets made as a movie mate, it gets crossed off of some imaginary list that Chuck uses.

I don't know that it gets crossed off of any list. Seems more like that the movie versions are an opportunity to get a character that is a low priority in the comics line. I imagine if they hadn't been in a movie, a number of those characters would remain unproduced.

Edited by Turtle

I like the movie versions of some of the characters simply because of their redesigns and connection to the films. That being said I do still plan on collecting the comic versions, already have a few.

wow do these look fantastic or what!

specially love that Falcon, his wings look awesome, but to be honest, Batroc may be my favorite right now, he just looks great, and the beige tactical gear really works with the purple/yellow tights :P

i hope this wave is heavy on the accessories though because I do see some missing parts that id like (obviously the proto-pics dont show the accessories but still)

i hope the caps come with masks, i hope winter soldier has his face mask, a sniper rifle, a knife and maybe even a dirtied version of caps sheild, i hope Falcon has his guns, and I hope Crossbones has some alternate pieces (assuming he dons the look in the film)