UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

8 Figure Display Stands

Material Preference  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Using the photo below for reference, which look do you prefer for these stands?

• Mirror Finish Acrylic
    • Clear Acrylic
    • Black Acrylic

This poll is closed to new votes

I voted black. Because black goes with everything. :) And, with proper lighting an material, black can be about as reflective as a mirror.

Man, I need my tax refund check in a bad way.

I voted for black.

Also, I'd personally like to see a length that matched the inside of the minifig display case on your store, so these could be used inside of the case instead of bluetak or something like that.

I voted for black.

Also, I'd personally like to see a length that matched the inside of the minifig display case on your store, so these could be used inside of the case instead of bluetak or something like that.

I voted for black.

Those cases are two small to fit 8 side by side. These stands would be 16 inches long.

I think it was meant as an additional product offer, not as the item or in place of the item. At least that is what I thought.

What about giving them a tongue in the front and a groove in the back, so that you could connect multiple rows for greater stability? Just an idea.

sounds like this would require injection molding (see luke's earlier post above)

• 2 weeks later...

These are now in production, and I have the first batch from the factory in-hand! Black was the winning choice, so we are starting with that. Here are some pics:

stands00.jpg

stands01.jpg

stands02.jpg

Click the following to view a larger version:
stands05t.jpg

stand03t.jpg

stands04t.jpg

These us the same footpegs as the Striking Dioramas, which means they are a perfect fit for older Minimates and characters with special boots, but newer Minimates will be a tiny bit loose. But this means that you can display almost any Minimate without a problem. If you are going to have multiple rows of these, I would recommend using a tiny bit of display putty on the feet of newer Minimates, otherwise a domino effect could occur with some characters.

The footpegs are spaced so that larger characters can comfortably fit in with smaller ones. The spacing also allows you to stagger two sets of display stands and still clearly see the figures in the back row.

These will start shipping on Wednesday, April 24th, and can be preordered here: http://lukestoystore.com/8-figure-long-black-display-stand/