UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

8 Figure Display Stands

Material Preference  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Using the photo below for reference, which look do you prefer for these stands?

• Mirror Finish Acrylic
    • Clear Acrylic
    • Black Acrylic

This poll is closed to new votes

Edit: These are in production! Pics on Page 2!

long_zps7f6a4b0c.jpg

As part of our big production year, I am working on some new stands that can display 8 figures at once. They will use the same footpegs as our Striking Dioramas, with similar spacing to leave room for larger characters. I have been contemplating something like this for a long time, and we have gotten a lot of requests and suggestions regarding similar stands over the years, most recently from groundhog in the LTS thread. Now that I have a local factory that I really like, I can have them put together a quote for production. But material selection will an important factor, so I thought I would leave that up to you guys! Please use the rendering above as reference, and vote in the poll above on what you would prefer for your own collection.

Thanks for looking! smile.png

I'm going to go 'Clear' on this one. Regardless of what colour bookshelf i buy in the future - the clear ones will always work.

This is a great idea Luke. I'll be buying some once they come into stock.

Have you got any samples yet? I'd love to see them with some Minimates posed on them.

Luke, luke, luke.... I have a great idea. Is there any way to make the bottom hollow and make them stackable?? (Much like the pieces that make up these in your store) That would be so awesome to make them easily displayable in tiered rows on a long shelf!

I am so excited about these and I would order at least 30 in an instant!

Edited by kaipo

I don't have pricing information yet, nor samples, as a one-off sample would be expensive to have produced. From my conversations with the factory rep, the black and clear would be the same price, and the mirror finish would be slightly more expensive, but not much.

Also I could not make them hollow, but it would be possible to make the ends longer and fold them down like a table, similar to the acrylic display shelves in our store. In that way you could make a stackable display. That is actually a really good idea. I could potentially offer a few different height levels. Perhaps that is another thing to consider when voting!

Luke, these look great. Would you be able to consider some kind of lego compatible socket on the underside so that people could build stackable displays?

Or would that bugger up your costs scale?

Great idea! I think I prier the black. Any chance that the underside would have some recessed pegs that could accommodate something to act as a riser, so that you could tier them when displayed?

edit: just read thru and saw the tier idea was already suggested.

Edited by MrClean

As I just found out our offices are getting new cubicles within two weeks (which means less shelving space) I'm really looking forward to these! I'd go with black.

Any chance to a do a variant?--meaning one with a small slit in the back to house a card board diorama? Similar to your Striking Dioramas but with one SUPER LONG graphic to go behind it. Just an idea....

I don't have pricing information yet, nor samples, as a one-off sample would be expensive to have produced. From my conversations with the factory rep, the black and clear would be the same price, and the mirror finish would be slightly more expensive, but not much.

Also I could not make them hollow, but it would be possible to make the ends longer and fold them down like a table, similar to the acrylic display shelves in our store. In that way you could make a stackable display. That is actually a really good idea. I could potentially offer a few different height levels. Perhaps that is another thing to consider when voting!

Awesome! Can't wait!

Luke, these look great. Would you be able to consider some kind of lego compatible socket on the underside so that people could build stackable displays?

Or would that bugger up your costs scale?

As I just found out our offices are getting new cubicles within two weeks (which means less shelving space) I'm really looking forward to these! I'd go with black.

Any chance to a do a variant?--meaning one with a small slit in the back to house a card board diorama? Similar to your Striking Dioramas but with one SUPER LONG graphic to go behind it. Just an idea....

Unfortunately the factory I am working with cannot do these things. I would have to go with an injection molded option, which would be very expensive.

What are the dimensions on these? I ask because I just started a Minimates project and these might be just the thing I need.

What is the width?

These are 16" long and 1" wide, with 2" spacing from center-of-footpeg to center-of-footpeg. These spacing gaps will give you plenty of room for larger characters, and will also allow you to stagger your displays, and let the figures in the row behind your first row show through the gaps.