UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ant-Man Movie

youbastards

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

william_hurt.jpg

Sorry, Lobsterman. You can't have William Hurt. He's already been in a Marvel movie and there's too much in-breeding in this genre as it is.

At least Michael Douglas is fresh blood. Anyone who plays Liberace so well is destined to play a comic book character.

But as you said, who is like William Hurt?

I'm intrigued to see where this goes. I honestly haven't seen Michael Douglas in much (his movies tend to be outside of my interests), but he seems to be a high caliber actor. I have faith that Wright will pull off a good movie, though I wonder how it'll do with a more mainstream audience. I could see this being another Scott Pilgrim.

Regardless, I'm pretty psyched that they're doing "To Steal Ant-Man" as that's always been one of my favorite stories!

I've actually never seen a film with Michael Douglas but i have EVERY faith in Edgar Wright and Marvel's casting

now I will say, i'd rather have a younger Wasp as a love interest for Scott or even as a lab assistant to Pym so that we can have another woman on the Avengers

now I will say, i'd rather have a younger Wasp as a love interest for Scott or even as a lab assistant to Pym so that we can have another woman on the Avengers

Agreed. Avengers has been a bit of a sausage-fest.

Personally when I think of the movies I've seen with Michael Douglas in them ....& I haven't seen the Liberace one......I reckon he always just about plays 'himself' . That said he does it well !

"Good-looking guy...er....but not my type.....with a playful yet often sinister edge" is what I'd call his style .

I'd echo Sam's post .....Fatal Attraction & Falling Down are unmissable .

Douglas as Ant the Elder ? I can see that working especially as there always seem to be an old fart in all Marvel movies .....make a Marvel movie & wheel out your pensioners.

Edited by buttheadsmate

with this and the new rumor of Johnny Depp being groomed for Doctor Strange, it seems Marvel is breaking out of their "new (and less costly) faces" approach, at least a little (though I suppose your definition of "big star" makes a difference in this instance). While I certainly recognize MIchael Douglas as a bankable name in Hollywood, and likely a boon to the movie from a sales standpoint, I was definitely surprised at this casting news. I can't picture Douglas as Hank Pym... BUT, Marvel hasn't really let me down yet.

And I'm curious if this really drastically alters Whedon's vision for Wasp. I have no idea if he just completely scrapped the idea of using her in the future, but I know that initial Avengers storyboards showed Wasp being part of the first film.
Regardless, I'm intrigued at how they're going to weave everything together...

with this and the new rumor of Johnny Depp being groomed for Doctor Strange,

This rumor can go fuck itself. I haven't loved a Depp portrayal since they started writing everything he did to be Captain Jack Sparrow. I'm afraid they'd do that with Doctor Strange too since they managed to fuck over Tonto so horribly. "Doctor Strange isn't that well known" they'd say. "This would be the perfect time to reinvent him as a quirkier character" they'd say. Fuck that. No. Give me someone like Liam Neeson if you wanna go older or if you go younger and you're looking for someone who can play the arrogant rogue of the pre-accident Strange and a more matured more heroic Doctor Strange give me John Barrowman. Just not fucking Johnny Depp. Don't pull a Tonto on Doctor Strange.

However I will say I'd like to see Gordon Liu (Pai Mei) or Ken Watanabe in old man makeup for The Ancient One. And if they DO go with a younger Strange, Liam Neeson for Mordo. Keith David as Dormammu all day.

Michael Douglas as Pym sounds good to me. Just about every bit of news that had come from Ant-Man has been good to me, and it all seems to be falling into place. Looking forward to more announcements and, of course, the final product.

Johnny Depp is a good, even if misused, actor. Rumors are rumors, but even so, for Depp as Dr. Strange, look no further than The Ninth Gate. Not saying it's a great movie, but Depp's performance there could be the starting point for a great on-screen Dr. Strange.

Keith David as Dormammu all day.

My body is ready.

Y'all really need to watch more films. I seriously sit around kicking myself because I can't identify directors of French Avaunt Garde films. I can't imagine not having seen (All? Most of?) Michael Douglas movies. tongue.png

I've said it before and i'll say it again: slap a goatee on Patrick Dempsey and there's your Dr. Strange.

Yeah he's another one that's been heavily talked about. And I know he wants the role too. He just seems too... cheery for it. I dunno. I like the haunted quality Neeson would bring to the role.

Mikkelsen could be a great choice. I think Neeson could be a'aight, but he wouldn't be my first choice. He almost seems too traditionally heroic. Whereas someone like Mikkelson could come across as a true weirdo (I'm guessing the funny or unfunny kind), which is important for the character. RDJ as Strange could have been phenomenal.

Y'all really need to watch more films. I seriously sit around kicking myself because I can't identify directors of French Avaunt Garde films. I can't imagine not having seen (All? Most of?) Michael Douglas movies. tongue.png

I watch plenty of movies. Most of Douglas's "hit" movies simply haven't enticed me enough for me to sit down and watch them. I may change that now that he's playing Hank, though.

I'm still unsure on this and the main thing that will swing it for me is the look of the character. I would guess and prefer that they would go with something more inline with the Hank Pym helmet as film wise it gives more access to the face to show emotions etc then what the full ant head multiple eye Antman II helmet does.

I watch plenty of movies. Most of Douglas's "hit" movies simply haven't enticed me enough for me to sit down and watch them. I may change that now that he's playing Hank, though.

Bear in mind that his movie 'Falling Down' is as old as you are thumbsup.gif ......give it a go ,I doubt that you'll dislike it . It has many non-PC moments which'll make you cringe but .....give it a go . yes.gif