Ant-Man Movie

youbastards

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^ Thanks for posting that, it was very interesting to me. I liked the end where Rudd was talking about giddy he was when he started shooting Civil War and being on screen with Cap and IM.

I posted this on my facebook today and it sums up my thoughts about Antman completely:

"Antman is the kind of movie that reminds you why superhero movies are so great while still showing you something you've never seem before"

The visual direction is fantastic, casting is on point as always, its like the Indiana Jones to Guardians' Starwars.

The size changing sequences are breathtaking and innovative and offer a truly new and psychedelic experience to the MCU that we really havent seen before.

There are plenty of nods to the comics and larger universe of the MCU and some are far more present than I expected but are extremely welcome and dont feel forced at all.

Also there are two after the credits scene, first is better then the second, though the second is still worth seeing.

Just saw Ant-Man last night and it was amazing. A worthy addition to the Marvel Cinematic pantheon of hits. The humor was top notch while not over the top. A friend of mine refused to watch it as he thought Paul Rudd was a terrible choice to star. He could NOT have been more wrong. Paul Rudd brought a charm to Scott Lang that made you care about him and his plight. The training montages and flashback sequences will evoke all sorts of geeky giggles from your inner nerd. I am heading back to the theater for a second viewing (in 3D) with my nephews today. They are in for quite the treat.

Bottom line... A big thumbs up for Marvel's Ant-Man.

vyZyWit.gif

It was a very fun movie. I was worried it would be a train wreck, but the only train wreck here was perfectly executed. A lot of good stuff. It was funny, silly, and had a lot of heart. The action sequences were pretty entertaining. Michael Peña as Luis really stole the show. Great performance.

My favorite part was

The fight with Falcon. I had no idea that was coming.

can someone please pm an explanation about what was going on in the second after credit scene. Please, thanks.

Or post it here in spoiler tags so we can all read it?

My theory is

They've tracked down Bucky, caught him and now need to 'deprogram' him. When Falcon says he 'knows a guy', i'm wondering if we might be introducing someone who is good at working with peoples brains? Perhaps Doc Samson? Or maybe Dr Strange?

That scene was pulled directly from the dailies of Civil War. It's from the middle of the film and may actually end up looking different in the final film (which explains why it kind of looks a bit rough). Apparently Cap and Falcon have found Bucky and they need some help doing something with him. They can't call Tony because of the "accords" or sanctions keeping him from helping Cap, hence Falcon saying that he "knows a guy", followed by "Ant-Man Will Return" which sets up his cameo in Civil War.

Edited by CBMM1

I enjoyed this one very much. I liked how didn't go too (pardon the pun) big. After a long string of Marvel movies upping the stakes continuously, I liked that this one was just its own thing. It was a good breather before we descend into Civil War.

I was really kinda hoping that

right at the end when he came back from subatomic space after using the disc to power his regulator he'd briefly become Giant Man and then just look down, go "wait. Dammit" and shrink back to normal size. Seemed like a missed opportunity. I honestly thought they were leading to that with the giant ant and giant Thomas

I'm guessing any sequel will have a clever name like Gi-Antman 2

God I hope so. Any Ideas on who can be a potential villain?

I'm guessing any sequel will have a clever name like Gi-Antman 2

God I hope so. Any Ideas on who can be a potential villain?

Probably someone who can turn really really big.

Actually I don't want to see Giant Man fight someone who can turn really big. George RR Martin is right. Marvel movies keep having the heroes fight someone with the same powers as them. Abomination, Yellowjacket, the villains of Iron Man 1 and 2 and both Thor movies all tend to be things that are similar to the heroes. Time to stop doing the Dark Mirror thing and do something crazy for once.

I wanna see him fight a kaiju. Someone creating giant goddamn monsters and he has to fight the creation. And not a giant robot, but a legit genetically engineered monstrosity. Hell call it Fin Fang Foom and make it a giant dragon. Just something other than a guy who can turn really big like he can.

I just want Marvel to roll Douglas' Pym into the fold as a mentor to the Avengers, especially with his animosity toward Starks. Selvig has run his course and Pym could fill that roll and also get hands on if needed.

I really just want to see Douglas and Downey in some scenes together with some great dialogue.