UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ant-Man Movie

youbastards

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bear in mind that his movie 'Falling Down' is as old as you are thumbsup.gif ......give it a go ,I doubt that you'll dislike it . It has many non-PC moments which'll make you cringe but .....give it a go . yes.gif

Just read up on the basics of it on IMDB. Looks like it could be my type of movie. I'll try to check it out. Thanks!

• 3 months later...

while I have faith in Marvel on releasing good product regardless, this is kinda a shock and a bit worrisome

i mean that must have been one big creative difference after spending the last 8 years workshopping this film

... Edgar Wright was the main reason I was so looking forward to this. This news, while not earth shattering, is certainly disappointing. I had very high expectations for the tone of a Wright Ant-man.

To be honest, while very surprising, I'm not too too put off by this. Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and Scott Pilgrim were fun, but they weren't masterpieces of film IMO, in terms of action or comedy or anything else. I'm not sure how well his style would have meshed with a pseudo-realistic Marvelverse, anyway. It is curious though, in that from the beginning this seemed to be developed as a comedy first, with Wright's sensibilities used to set the groundwork for everything else. At least, that's how I imagined it to be. Would they have even seriously kept pushing for a solo Ant-Man without him, for example?

But whatever the case, my default stance with Marvel Studios is one of optimism, because they've done a hell of a lot more right than wrong (pretty much the opposite of my feelings toward the WB). I've got faith they'll pull it together and put out something decent.

Edited by karamazov80

How about Andrew Stanton? I think John Carter is hated more than it should be and giving him this movie could give him a second shot at live action. Or Lee Unkrich who directed a helluva prison break film in Toy Story 3 and might do well on a heist film like Ant Man.

David Cronenberg is the only logical choice.

I can only assume that this statement is a joke, but i would totally watch an Ant Man film directed by Cronenberg!

I hope they replace him with Roberto Orci so the kid can get some experience under his belt before he tackles the next Star Trek film.

So you hate Ant-Man then?

I'm apathetic about Ant-Man but even so, yeah, that was harsh. I apologize. Let's give him Wes Anderson. :)

I hope they replace him with Roberto Orci so the kid can get some experience under his belt before he tackles the next Star Trek film.

So you hate Ant-Man then?

I'm apathetic about Ant-Man but even so, yeah, that was harsh. I apologize. Let's give him Wes Anderson. smile.png

Oh dude hell yes!

Wait no... If Wes Anderson is tackling any superhero, give him Dr. Strange. They're just odd enough to compliment each other.

Guillermo del Toro for Dr. Strange.

I'm really not sure who Wes Anderson's style would compliment best. I could see him doing a quirky Spider-Man villain spin-off. Maybe an origin pic for The Vulture. That could be fun.

As for Ant-Man, bring in Joe Johnston, I guess. It wouldn't be the first time he's been brought in last-minute to salvage a production weeks before shooting and he's a known entity for Marvel. (If he's up to it.)

Guillermo del Toro for Dr. Strange.

Ah yeah... but with the massive amount of things he's doing I don't know if we'll see him have time.

However Joe Johnston did do well with Cap 1 so might as well have him jump on another superhero production.

to be honest, I kinda imagine the new director will be someone already connected to the film who has directing experience

Marvel hasnt released a bad product yet and I dont expect them to start with Antman, if they think they can finish it by the current release date they will but i think it may move up a month or so

i still look forward to this film

I have a hard time imagining Wes Anderson doing any Marvel characters. He's just so damn specific and quirky. Maybe, maybe something like X-Statix, which itself was inherently quirky and way off center. But nothing remotely conventional IMO.

I have a hard time imagining Wes Anderson doing any Marvel characters. He's just so damn specific and quirky. Maybe, maybe something like X-Statix, which itself was inherently quirky and way off center. But nothing remotely conventional IMO.

Or Runaways.