UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What's on your desk right now?

I don't know about y'all, but I have trouble keeping my desk clean. And I'm not talking about papers and assorted desk-like paraphernalia. I'm talking toys. At lease once every few weeks if not several times a week I have to take a box and clean off my desk. I like to fiddle with things when I'm working. It helps me think. I get stuff left on there from photo shoots. It's kind of a bad habit I've had ever since middle/high school.

Anyways, right now I'm running light cause I just cleaned it off. I've got PAK Lara Croft, and Miinimates Ratchet and Jak.

What about y'all?

A few minimates and Harold the Pocket Dalek. He's one of those construct-a-figure Daleks that came in blind bags. I named him Harold. He made me strongly desire an episode of Doctor Who with a miniature Dalek who is basically completely impotent except he makes for an irritating sting and won't leave the Doctor alone.

An RFP for a new software package, an engineering syllabus, the design specs for the new DB architecture I am working on, several DB tables in printed form, a Dwight Schrute bobblehead, a stapler, a roll of tape, a phone, a desktop and two laptops, a copy of Adobe 11, 3 usb drives (one shaped like Darth Vader), 2 HDDs (one solid state), a lamp, a pencil sharpener, a reciept from lunch, a Vitamin Water (XXX), my smartphone, and a picture of my kids.

Wanna know whats on my secretaries desk?

Wanna know whats on my secretaries desk?

My gut.

Umm... should I dare make a joke here? whistling.gif

My desk is much like yours, TM2. Most of the time, it's littered with dozens of minimates (as well as stacks of papers and books beyond what I could ever count). But when it's clean, it looks something like this:

post-37-0-37011400-1363402122_thumb.jpg

Currently, and I've been trying to keep it clear, Thundercats minimates 2 unopened, 2 boxes of polybags (for loose mates), a glass of vodka and soda, tamiya clear coat (for when I finally open my TC set1 and protect the belts), a little urn of my mum, TRU15 Torch, Firelord and transforming Johnny Storm mates, a random GI Joe vintage rifle, a wow authenticator (inactive) and a sue storm mullet.

My desk is basically my Minimate studio, so it's got my paints and decals and stuff. But, in the spirit of your question Dino, I did just pull out some Spectacular Spider-Man figures from the toy tub under the bed to mess around with. Yes, I know how that sounds.ermm.gif

Mom's Perfume Bottle collection. Notebooks, textbooks and likee I dunno 4 minimates.

I can't seem to take a good photo of it to save my life, however, from left to right:

Aliens Colonial Marines CE Statute

WST Ultra Magnus, Red Alert, Hot Rod, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Bee, Bluestreak, Jazz, Prowl and Optimus

G1 Targetmaster Hot Rod, G1 Rodimus Prime, Classics Rodimus, WST Hotrod, Robot Heroes Hotrod

WST Grimlock, Thrust, Shockwave, Megatron, Soundwave, Starscream

A Pacman Mug

My desk right now is complete void of anything. My office had to be packed up and stored while they repainted, recarpeted and had new ceiling tiles installed. I hope to make my office a better looking place when I finally get to unpack and put my office back together. I had and will have again, a display next to my desk of several minimates (my new Peter Pan mates, my custom Star Trek mates-several of them at least, and maybe some of my favorite non-trek mates).

Dino dude, I am EXACTLY the same! My workdesk has Thundercats minimates series 1 and 2 (series 3 on the way!), Monsterarts Godzilla, 10 Star Wars Kubricks, the G.I.Joe Retaliation Rock Roadblock (series 2), Firefly and Snake Eyes simultaniously taking out three Red Ninja. Plus the 18 inch Iron Maiden Eddie stood behind my twin monitors leaning over the whole lot! Until recently it was Avengers and Thor minimates. I went a little crazy army building Frost Giants!

Well technically most of my things are on the dresser in front of the tv, but next to my laptop on my desk are:

Emma Frost

Phoenix Five Cyclops

Guile

Nick Fury

Justin Hammer

Random suit headswaps (including Roger Moore)

Play Arts Spike

Play Arts Lara

Legends Black Widow

Legends Movie Hawkeye

DCUC Poison Ivy

DCUC Metron

And on the dresser:

Hot Toys Hawkeye

Hot Toys Black Widow (EEEEEE!!)

Hot Toys Christopher Reeve Superman

DCC New 52 Trinity (box set Superman head)

DCC Arkham Nightwing

DCUC Bane

DCUC New 52 Hawkman

DCUC New 52 Batman (Unlimited)

"DCUC" Rorschach

DCC Arkham Mr. Freeze

Marvel Select Venom

This list got very long very fast.....................and it is now evident maybe i should move some things

This is my desk currently. The open space tends to stay clear as that's generally where fight club happens. And if you're clever (read as: not blind) there's probably a big clue to next tuesday right there. The comic books there stack another row behind the one you can see and it's all various unread issues of stuff from who knows how long ago at this point. And the loot chest is still full of candy from halloween.

post-3289-0-92055200-1363985473_thumb.jp