• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm not reading the Age of Vision Ultorn story arc, but I just came across some current art featuring some very odd character developments. Now, here comes the spoiler tag including the link to the pic.

So, there's a "Colonel" America with an eye patch? I mean, I love characters with a eye patches, but Cap? And Cyclops - who also happened to lose an eye - cosplays as his son Cable? I don't really want to start talking about Back to the Future changing the Present in an 80s outfit Wolverine, Thing with holes in his chest and Janet van Marvel, but... ?!? Here's what I'm talking about.

I'm just confused, that's all.

Saw that and had very similar thoughts. Except instead of

Cyclops cosplaying as Cable, I just thought AoA Cyclops got a haircut. And switched eyes.

I haven't been reading much AU, and I don't intend to. In fact, it kind of pisses me off when I get home from the LCS with my stack of comics and find that instead of, say, Superior Spider-Man, it's AU Superior Spider-Man. What I have read feels like some bad fan-fic, which is a real shame because we know there is a very similar and very good fan-fic story.

I'm not reading the Age of Vision Ultorn story arc, but I just came across some current art featuring some very odd character developments. Now, here comes the spoiler tag including the link to the pic.

So, there's a "Colonel" America with an eye patch? I mean, I love characters with a eye patches, but Cap? And Cyclops - who also happened to lose an eye - cosplays as his son Cable? I don't really want to start talking about Back to the Future changing the Present in an 80s outfit Wolverine, Thing with holes in his chest and Janet van Marvel, but... ?!? Here's what I'm talking about.

I'm just confused, that's all.

This is an "alternate universe" in which Wolverine has killed Hank Pym not the actual Cap or Cyclops from the main universe.

Also Turtle, the AU issues are actually side issues from the main series, so for example Super Spider Man had issue 6 and the AU 6, you don't have to read them rather than them being a crappy tie in disturbing the main story

Oh, yeah. I get that. I just don't normally look at my pull list before I take it home, so it bums me out when I get home instead of a regular issue, it's one of the AU tie ins. It's my fault for not paying attention. Superior stuck in my head, because I didn't realize until I was reading it that it was an AU tie in issue. Since then they've all been going straight into storage.

I'm really liking Age of Ultron!

I see that a lot of you are calling it Ago of Vision due to the earlier reveal.

Thing is, if you actually read it, Vision wasn't the big bad, he was just being used by Ultron to communicate with what was left of the future Avengers.

Now that Wolverine has altered the past, what Bob posted is the new present... a result of Hank Pym getting killed way back.

Tony Stark iseems to be running things now with his Stark-Guard too. (great army builder)

Defo worth a box set or two, especially with previous event releases being rather tame in story and visuals.

ie Curse of the Mutants & Age of X.

Edited by Pete

I just started to call it Age of Vision because after the Vision reveal it felt like my fanfic had no chance of ever becoming a reality :P

I stopped reading AoU, I gave it a chance and after the first 5 chapters and a few tie ins...it did nothing for me

this could have been an awesome event but all it feels like to me is "ultron somehow got a big weapon, caught us by surprise, now we need a big weapon to catch him by surprise"

I see that a lot of you are calling it Ago of Vision due to the earlier reveal.

We actually called it Age of Vision, because of Undeadpool et.al. unfinished fan fiction called Age of Vision from early 2011. You can view and read it here.

And I wouldn't mind getting some of those Age of Ultron minimates, though. There's nothing wrong with Colonel America's look.

• 3 months later...

So awesome! I haven't read the series, but these look great!

Will Ultron be able to have alternate, normal looks though?