Age of Ultron Minimates!

Jatta Pake

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wasn't trying to tell you off, just explain that the figure was bulky, and needed to be put in the package a certain way. Sorry if it came off as rude -- I thought I was fairly polite.

That said, if you really like a set, calling Ultron "effeminate" on our Facebook page is not going to help sales. smile.png

Zach, I didn't take it as rude at all, dude. It made me chuckle, though at the time I didn't realise I was commenting

on the official page. My bad, so I apologise.

Having said that... What's wrong with having an effeminate bad guy anyway? Didn't do Zoltar any harm ;)

Garbage can

But....isn't she "A Hero......For the NINETIES!!!"??? tongue.png
Not really, I lived through all of that and I would classify Angela under the soulless "Bad Girls" craze from that time.

HEROES..... FOR THE NINETIES!!! Was a marketing gimmick that was slapped on basically anything new to show you that they were KEWL and " not your grandpa's superheroes" like Superboy, New Warriors, Prime, Night Thrasher, etc.

Angela is something I would toss in with junk like Witchblade, Lady Death, or any other Wizard Magazine hyped flavor of the month from that time.

Edited by bigvis497

I only read Spawn occasionally, but I consider Angela toy royalty, since she was one of the first truly collectible direct-market action figures, after Warrior Nun Areala. I have owned several of her figures.

No hard feelings, Rad, I guess I took offense when there was none intended, and you and PL are right. There is nothing wrong with an effeminate Ultron:

Female%20Ultron.jpg

Man, I remember reading a great review of that Avengers comic when it came out. It was about how, when the female Ultron is revealed, the Wasp notes that "she" looks like me (the Wasp). And the reviewer at first thought that this was a sly meta-commentary on Frank Cho, and how all his women basically just have the same face and different haircuts. And then he realized that it was a Bendis comic, and he probably meant that Ultron was supposed to look like the Wasp. But the point still stands: Frank Cho draws lovely women, but they all look the same with different haircuts. Oh, and that Avengers comic SUUUUUUUUUUCKED.

I only read Spawn occasionally, but I consider Angela toy royalty, since she was one of the first truly collectible direct-market action figures, after Warrior Nun Areala. I have owned several of her figures.

No hard feelings, Rad, I guess I took offense when there was none intended, and you and PL are right. There is nothing wrong with an effeminate Ultron:

Female%20Ultron.jpg

We really need a 'like' button :D

All is copacetic Zach, Cheers dude.

Damn, I miss the Wasp!

I bought the issue she returned in just out of interest. It was all tied up within the pages of a single comic issue. No big mission to rescue her. No explanation to why they had just assumed she died. No understanding as to how she got down to this micro-verse. It was pretty sloppy all round.

I bought the issue she returned in just out of interest. It was all tied up within the pages of a single comic issue. No big mission to rescue her. No explanation to why they had just assumed she died. No understanding as to how she got down to this micro-verse. It was pretty sloppy all round.

Nessex, I suspect we are largely of one mind when reading comics. ::Internet knuckle bump::

Almost everything to happen in a Mighty run has been anti-climactic. How about the arc where Ultron returned and was beaten by Jocasta with most of the world none-the-wiser? Or the latest team of Luke Cage and who gives a crap?

Dear Marvel editorial: Mighty isn't a synonym for boring

Nessex, I suspect we are largely of one mind when reading comics. ::Internet knuckle bump::

Almost everything to happen in a Mighty run has been anti-climactic. How about the arc where Ultron returned and was beaten by Jocasta with most of the world none-the-wiser? Or the latest team of Luke Cage and who gives a crap?

Dear Marvel editorial: Mighty isn't a synonym for boring

The current Mighty is good, I think...

But I'm a sucker for Shuma Gorath, so...

So, anyone buy these bad boys? Neither one of my LCBS that carry Minimates had 'em.

Smashmaster12, got a set. He's even reviewed, 'em!

Saw this set at my comic shop over the weekend. Was kinda underwhelmed with it, but now I see that Iron Man has a helmet to complete his outfit, so I might end up buying it today. LOL, didnt like it since I saw Iron Man with just a bodysuit and no armor. But this story line is one of those other universe like AoA, right?

Saw this set at my comic shop over the weekend. Was kinda underwhelmed with it, but now I see that Iron Man has a helmet to complete his outfit, so I might end up buying it today. LOL, didnt like it since I saw Iron Man with just a bodysuit and no armor. But this story line is one of those other universe like AoA, right?

Nah, it's not an AoA. It happened but got reset by much time-meddling. Which is having major consequences in the MU right now.

i was just cobbling together parts to use with the extra Ultron head(I got two sets) to make a gold Ultron and while searching for pics i stumbled across these, that had totally forgotten about

IMG_3050-noscale_zps73b499ed.jpg

IMG_3044-noscale_zps44076201.jpg

so obviously that negates my need to do the ultron custom,but I dont remember what these are, a Marvel Now or AOU boxset? someone help me remember please