Age of Ultron Minimates!

Jatta Pake

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't like to feel that I'm treading on eggshells each time I post here so I'll just clear my own personal air .

If I 'smugly tore somebody apart' then I have truly erred .....no sarcasm implied or intended.....& I'm sorry ,genuinely sorry .

Trust me however when I say that life is going to get a lot harder for you if a jerk like me can 'tear you apart' with a misguided sarcastic remark about a typo!

I generally rub along as best I can on here because I find the place good humoured & comfortable ,I think 99% of the members feel the same . I have great affection for most of the characters on here & when I know I've crossed a line I have generally PM'd somebody to let them know .

I tore into Zach last year about 'Gold Vorin' ,I've torn into Chuck before & been subsequently 'flamed' in response, I have equally heaped praise on their product..............without the need of a megaphone & soapbox to stand on.

We all have bad days , I'm having many at the moment myself .......but do me a favour have that bad day somewhere else ....or at least make your point quickly & then fuck off.

Unlike some ,I can only speak for myself & I shall genuinely [only my reader will decide if I'm being genuine] miss our late member's posts ,his eloquence & his forthrightness .........I hope he misses us as much & returns ..........a tad more chilled.

.......& I do miss Groundhog . Fighting like cat & dog (on-forum) whilst chatting & dealing (off-forum PMs) is what made this place special .

Edited by buttheadsmate

I could see them getting away with a not-so-deep cut for the mouth as long as the mouth is painted black. But then, I can also see it maybe not looking so great. And yes, it makes sense to keep it like that so it can share one sculpt with the drone.

And speaking of light-piping, do you happen to know how that went over (production-wise)? Do you think we might ever see another mate done that way again? or did it prove to be too great of a hassle to consider revisiting?

I'm sure it wasn't difficult, but did anyone have any paint mask alignment problems? I can see that being a problem. I don;t have one, and I haven't seen any shots with the light passing through online, but I HAVE seen someone say online that the peg blocked some of the light passing through, and I wonder if a clear neck peg would fix that. And I wonder if we would do it differently today -- make a silver slip cover with a chin strap and a hole in the top, and slide it over a clear red head, similar to how we did the shot zombie's bullet holes. We seem to be able to do more detailed parts now, and that seems like a better use of sculpting with fewer paint challenges.

And speaking of light-piping, do you happen to know how that went over (production-wise)? Do you think we might ever see another mate done that way again? or did it prove to be too great of a hassle to consider revisiting?

Thanks Zach!

I think it'd be an interesting look for a Danger minimate. Sort of like what Hasbro tried to do, except, you know... good.

• 2 months later...

I have two questions:

Luke's has this listed as released on December 4th, but I suspect that is no longer the case, can anyone who knows clarify?

And what in the wide world of sports is going on here? The thread for Battle of the Atom/Age of the Atom/Bendis' Latest Paper Waster which is so far getting no minimate treatment whatsoever has a thread on the first page and this one slips off? What a strange world.

Set looks pretty awesome to me... Was hoping for a Luke cage redo but nick fury is too awesome... We got carnage on the way so I think it's only a matter of time before we get modern cage.

As far as what interests me most about this set, it's an Angela single pack with three cool looking 'mates as accessories. So in a way, she has the most accessories. It's all about perspective.

They're all pretty cool in their own way. Can't wait to take some fun pictures!

Set looks pretty awesome to me... Was hoping for a Luke cage redo but nick fury is too awesome... We got carnage on the way so I think it's only a matter of time before we get modern cage.

I know just the place for Mr. Cage, a minimate version of the Marvel Legends Thunderbolts box set, with Ghost and Satana 'mates to go with him.