Age of Ultron Minimates!

Jatta Pake

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm like that with Iron Man, because he's the ONLY ONE I DON'T HAVE. Took a nice Ultron shot, but I'll keep that close to the vest until after this week's Minimate-a-palooza.

Zach, can you hold a contest for some lucky individual to win a chance to raid your toy box?

Oh what sights we shall see. Beautiful, horrible sights!

The samples I have in my grabby hands right now are KIND of ridiculous. I NEED to shoot some of this stuff.

It would be funnier of you edited Brittany to Zach....but seriously lets not fight/ argue/ be negative, unless it's constructive and ultimately helps our passion grow stonger.

Seriously. Zach apologized, and now you attack his apology? That's just piling on. Let it go already.

Personally, I don't disagree with all of the points that you've made, but I think you are trying to hold Zach to an unfair standard. You (we) want Zach to feel comfortable here, and to be upfront with us. Yet, when he does that and says something you don't like, you jump on him and claim he's being unprofessional. Well, we can't have both. Personally, I'd rather have the Zach Oat that's a cool guy with a sense of humor that lets his guard down a bit and lets his personality out, rather then an automaton that simply regurgitates the company line (the Zach Oatron 3000). If that means the occasional snarky putdown, so be it. If that means he busts our chops like any other member, that's great. I'm worried that this little dustup will cause Zach to be much more guarded around here, and that would be our loss.

It really felt like an underhanded apology, since he went and criticised me again right after it in the same post. And no, I don't just jump on Zach every time, I've kept my mouth shut for years about it. He challenged me to defend my position, now he claims he's never done such a thing.

And the yb lives up to his username and cries for the mods to get involved because he feels like, what? I'm picking on Zach or something? Even you admit I have a few points, so it's a bit offensive when yb cries for censorship of what I said. (Sorry for upsetting you yb, it'll be okay.)

Hellpop, I respect you and appreciate your comments. Sorry if Zach feels the need to be on his guard and watch what he says. I would have really thought that came with his job, but I digress. But this whole business has been unpleasant. I've been here for longer than he has. Sometimes he crosses the line.

And other members here come out to say "Oh, MC doesn't speak for us! Please don't go Zach!". I never asked him to go, I never tried to scare him off, and he himself said he's not going anywhere.

Zach, I really don't care anymore. Your rudeness has ruined my enjoyment here. I don't appreciate having what I say taken out of context and misconstrued by someone we're supposed to guess when he's speaking for the company and when he's speaking for himself. I don't appreciate being condescended to on my opinion by the company rep. And I especially don't like being challenged to back up my claims, especially after you want to deny doing so later. (And I still stand by my previous claims).

A lot of you guys here are really cool. It's been really fun interacting with the majority of you. Except those rare few who point out their issues with their usernames,BHM & yb. Guess you two will have to find another person now to feel superior to. (BHM, I left a typo in here as a parting gift for you! Have at it! Pick away and be as smug as you like.) Yb, I actually thought better of you, but thanks for showing your real colors.

The Mods here are the greatest Mods I've ever seen. You guys rock. Seriously.

But I no longer want to participate here. This place is not enjoyable. It took the company rep to destroy my desire to talk about their product. And just to keep it on topic, for Age of Ultron: Pass. Not worth it for one mate out of four. I'm off to cancel a few preorders.

Mods, feel free to delete my account. It's been real. I'm not going to get worked up over toys.

[looks around and crawls out of hole]

So... do any of those badass things you have to show us happen to involve parasitic acid-blooded Geiger monstrosities hellbent on exterminating all life that dares to cross it?

I do wanna see that Ultron though.

OK folks sideshow's over, MC has either left the building or is off licking his wounds.

Lets All play nice or I will unleash Judge Rad upon you...

Anyway back on topic, I love Nick Fury & Ultron, Undecided about Angela but even as a huge IM fan that Tony Stark seems like a 'what can we do that wont eat up the parts budget shoe in'.

T.

p.s. That classic ultron mate is still in my top 5 all time minimates.

I'm so sorry about all of this, guys. Never wanted you all to get dragged into this. I sent MC a long message on PM, hoping we could keep it contained. I even talked to Dino to see if I'd offended HIM, which I'd never considered.

...Have I been offending people for years? My two-year anniversary wasn't that long ago. Was I abrasive from day one? I honestly thought it took me a while before I was comfortable enough to call anybody out on their comments.

I don't think so, If you're worried about offending DinoBot then you're probably being slightly oversensitive.

You should be allowed to say what you feel, as long as it stays within the rules, personally I like that you sometimes call people on their shit, it shows you want to be involved, ensure the right info is getting across and that you care enough to make a point if need be. I think that sometimes folks forget that you're not just Zach the DST Robot but another human who will have his own opinions, background and agenda, as long as they don't break the site rules then I don't see what the issue is.

If Shane, myself or any other staff member think you'd stepped beyond what is acceptable as a member then one of us would have had a quiet word, as we would with any other member in the same position.

T.

Zach, since I joined the board, I've always really enjoyed that you participate with us on the forums. I feel as though we're very lucky to have you and that you DO feel comfortable enough to talk to us as people, friends, etc and not just as numbered customers. A large majority of why I love this board so much is that everyone seems to be welcomed in warmly and easily as if it's one big plastic loving family. This, however, also makes me sad that Monkey Crumb has had a negative experience here. I hope everyone can recover from this and it be back to its comfortable nature.

I also want to say, though, that maybe we should all reconsider releasing this Ultron set. I'm wise enough to notice an omen when I see one...sweat.gif and it's nice to meet you all I haven't met. I'm slowly beginning my full transformation from Lurker to Josh.

Anyone, mod or not, who thinks that I've said something out of line, please let me know, either on the thread or via PM. And anyone who has an issue with the way DST is handling something outside of character selection, please do the same. The customer isn't always right, but neither am I.

And thanks all, for the kind words. I hope this has not affected any one else's decision to buy this set, or Minimates in general.

Lol it would take a little more than a minor squabble on a forum to make me hate minimates.

Hell, Zach could call my mother a wench and say I have a fat face, and I would laugh and buy 5 more sets of Battle Damaged Wolverine.

Honestly, I think the only thing that could make me stop is either poverty or losing the Marvel license (even then, the TR mates are sexy).

Its always bad when a simple disagreement turns more hostile, but oh well.

reading all those stuff kinda made me feel sad.

pretty sure a marvel now Uncanny X-Men Box Set (Cyclops, Emma, Magik & Magneto) announcement would help me recover.

seriously though, you can't please everyone and i'd like my DST Rep to have a personality. i havent met a collector who doesnt talk crap about another toylines and even if it's coming from a DST Rep, i personally think people shouldnt get offend especially if he's commenting as a toy collector.

going back to topic, i'd like to see some pictures of Angela.Maybe photos would change people's mind about her.

based on the photos though, she kinda fits with the Femme Fatales minimates.

Sorry if this question has been raised already, but Zach, do you happen to know the reasoning behind how Ultron's head was designed? What I'm curious about is the fact that it's clearly a newly sculpted piece (I'm going to call them "ears". someone correct me if that's not the right term for them), but the face itself is flat and all the details are tampo'd. I'm not criticizing it in the slightest, but I'm curious why there's such a heavy amount of sculpting on the body, and considerably less in the face?

Possibly so it could share a headpiece with the Ultron Drone? It has a different face, but similar head shape.

And unless we did the light-piping thing again, like we did on the first Ultron, I think the only alternative to a tampo would be a fully sculpted face with a deep mouth. Not sure if that would be rejected due to an undercut on the tooling, which adds time and money, or simply because it breaks from current Minimate head design.

I could see them getting away with a not-so-deep cut for the mouth as long as the mouth is painted black. But then, I can also see it maybe not looking so great. And yes, it makes sense to keep it like that so it can share one sculpt with the drone.

And speaking of light-piping, do you happen to know how that went over (production-wise)? Do you think we might ever see another mate done that way again? or did it prove to be too great of a hassle to consider revisiting?

Thanks Zach!