UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Age of Ultron Minimates!

Jatta Pake

Those X-Men vs Avengers minimates were sweet! Cyclops and Emma Frost are my favorite ones!

I still wish we could get Magik and Namor... and why not dream about a white version of Iron Fist!? ;)

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Early 2014. Pretty sure IM has a hole, Onyx. Sorry.

This is one of those times when it would be nice to include both the head pictured in the promos (without the hole) and a second Toni head (with hair) to put under the mask!

~ See various other threads for the discussion about including a slip cover mask and a tampo'd head block in the same pack (ASM thread possibly)

Thanks anyway, Zach :sad:

I can't find the B&W discussion you mentioned, monkeycrumb, but I apologize if you were offended in any instance. Ditto the accessories thing, since I don't even remember that one. Although I'm not sure why you were offended by me saying anything bad about Legos. Think less of me for it, if you like, but I don't see how you can take it personally. And I can't imagine whatever I said was THAT bad. I like Legos, and I know where I am.

That said, I have never asked anybody to justify their position, or back up their arguments in any way. We're all entitled to our opinions, and aside from the occasional ode to the Image comics of my youth, I usually only give my opinion (NOT the company's) when I think the company side needs to be represented. If someone feels the need to be RIGHT, and convince me the company is wrong, they can argue, but that's their call. I should really ignore it, and let you guys vent, because most people here don't know the ins and outs of the business side, but I really do try to keep you guys informed of what's going on behind the scenes.

But one thing that does bug me is when people say that those who agree with me or Chuck are being sycophantic in some way, or just trying to get us to stick around. I'm not going anywhere, and I've chatted pleasantly with a lot of people here, online and in person, so it makes me uncomfortable to hear them being accused of insincerity. You may be right, but don't attack others because you're mad at me.

From DSTZach, Post#79 in the Lost in Space thread: "But any example anyone want to give of bad Minimates product causing poor sales for an otherwise popular license, I'm ready to be educated."

Now you say "That said, I have never asked anybody to justify their position, or back up their arguments in any way." after, what, selective memory and claiming you don't recall the thread? Which is it?

And now, you take my comment about "What good is a board if it's nothing but sycophantic praise?" out of context and misconstrue it into an attack on people who agree with you or Chuck? Maybe you need to go back and re-read what I said. I was referring to how I dislike that about Fwoosh & AFI, and how I don't want this board to be just praise with nobody willing to speak to the negative.

You pick arguments, then claim you don't. You're condescending and rude at times. It was embarrasing how condescending you were to Dino regarding that Wizard artwork with Rainbow Brite. He might not have minded, but I thought it was crass. You selectively remember things however you choose. And guess what? If you want to say you speak for yourself and not the company, maybe you should call yourself Zach instead of DSTZach? You can't have it both ways. I'd be fired if I spoke about my work's competetion publicly the way you did about Lego. It offended me because I found it grossly unprofessional, and it ruined some of my respect for you. It was unnecessarily catty. And yes, those very few individuals who did feel the need to defend DST in that SDCC thread and insisted how I'd misheard stuff they weren't present for are sycophants. I don't care who agrees or disagrees with whomever, but when people start making claims about things they weren't around for, what else do you call it?

You can't speak for the company then claim that you don't when it suits you. I know you were paid to be snarky for Wizard, but that doesn't translate very well when you're directing it towards the fans of the products made by your employer.

So, now I expect you're going to further misconstrue what I just said to defend your actions. But guess what? You've already contradicted yourself. You did ask me to defend my position as I quoted above. And now you try to play like you're some poor maligned martyr and ask me not to insult your fanbase and say I was "attacking others". I know that tactic. Low class, Oat. Low class. Maybe you should try staying on point next time by not taking my words out of context, and feigning an inability to remember your actions.

It's funny how it took the company rep to ruin my enjoyment of the forum dedicated to his employer's products.

I miss groundhog.

So, that's why you so smugly tore me apart in another thread over a simple typo? You took so much joy in it. Funny, since you'd done it once before when Groundhog was still here, I didn't make the connection. You've said before how much you enjoy being contrary here, I'd imagine you'd prefer to follow in his footsteps instead of being unnecessarily rude. Maybe you should try not being condescending over simple typos if you suddenly don't like animosity on the board? Actually, maybe you can cut out the condescension altogether in Groundhog's honor? I'd raise my glass to you sir, but I'm sure you can do that just fine without me.

I stopped reading this guys posts a long time ago, but can I please request that an admin get involved at this point? Enough is enough.

You can block me you know. What I said might not be pleasant, but it's not wrong either. Sorry if I'm too rude to your precious DST rep. Don't think I didn't miss your little back and forth earlier in the thread. Try to be more gracious next time if you have an issue.

Hey Monkeycrumb, you seem to have a burr in your butt about this. This place is an open forum and there will be no special cases or blind praise for manufacturers, but you seem to be on some sort of attack. If someone is rubbing you wrong, let us know about it. Don't let yourself fall into the trap of a pissing contest. Its not worth it.

I was going to make a witty joke about how off the rails this thread is, but then I remembered that I'm awfull with witty jokes (and puns, I'm godawful with puns). Anyway, Nick looks splendacular (one oft favorite Master quotes tbh)!

As for that IM, does it remind anyone else of Iron Man 2.0 from the last issues of Fraction's run? It was a short lived but awesome look. I guess they wanted to make Tony appear techy, hence the Tron-inified suit.

One thing I hated in AoU was how they just dropped us in the middle of the story. Or, it felt like the middle of the story. I would have much rathered to have seen Ultron's rise to power. Or how Cap got his shield broken. Or why Tony was wearing a new suit. AoU was done because it had to be done. The story was a mess and the art wasn't good either. Honestly, it was a missed opportunity. Anyway, these are my two cents, regarding the story.

Angela has a cool sword..Nick Fury is awesome, all around. Iron man will look great as a finished product, I just hope the helmet isn't a straight re-use of the Iron Man 3 bones helmet. Looks similar in the art. Ultron will look cool. I wonder if there will be anything under his hood...nopity.gif maybe we should just nuke this thread? Use the other two?

Seriously. Zach apologized, and now you attack his apology? That's just piling on. Let it go already.

Personally, I don't disagree with all of the points that you've made, but I think you are trying to hold Zach to an unfair standard. You (we) want Zach to feel comfortable here, and to be upfront with us. Yet, when he does that and says something you don't like, you jump on him and claim he's being unprofessional. Well, we can't have both. Personally, I'd rather have the Zach Oat that's a cool guy with a sense of humor that lets his guard down a bit and lets his personality out, rather then an automaton that simply regurgitates the company line (the Zach Oatron 3000). If that means the occasional snarky putdown, so be it. If that means he busts our chops like any other member, that's great. I'm worried that this little dustup will cause Zach to be much more guarded around here, and that would be our loss.

I'm worried that this little dustup will cause Zach to be much more guarded around here, and that would be our loss.

Have to agree with this; Zach could have just been a lurker, or joined anonymously and not revealed his relationship with DST. It would be much less interesting if his only replies were copied from the Q&A, "wait and see" "never say never" etc.

Let's take this off the thread, MC.

and into the parking lot!

can't we all just get a long, we all love minimates here. If someone doesn't like something they can express themselves freely. I just don't like when people say blank product sucks or is bad, it's your opinion but its insulting to Zach, Boyd, Chuck, me, and others who may like blank product. Peace Love and Minimates friends :)

Seriously. Zach apologized, and now you attack his apology? That's just piling on. Let it go already.

Personally, I don't disagree with all of the points that you've made, but I think you are trying to hold Zach to an unfair standard. You (we) want Zach to feel comfortable here, and to be upfront with us. Yet, when he does that and says something you don't like, you jump on him and claim he's being unprofessional. Well, we can't have both. Personally, I'd rather have the Zach Oat that's a cool guy with a sense of humor that lets his guard down a bit and lets his personality out, rather then an automaton that simply regurgitates the company line (the Zach Oatron 3000). If that means the occasional snarky putdown, so be it. If that means he busts our chops like any other member, that's great. I'm worried that this little dustup will cause Zach to be much more guarded around here, and that would be our loss.

I agree with this, HP. I've been in other forums where company men are nowhere near as open and friendly.

Zach, I hope you understand that these posts don't speak for everyone. I hope this doesn't change your interaction with us.

Now, I for one will be adding some shorts and sneakers to Mr. Fury for the S.H.I.E.L.D. summer cook-out look. Terrorism and tan lines cower in fear!

In moments like these, I think there's a point where you need to step back and say, "We're arguing about toys" and take into consideration that the people involved almost all have icons of toys or comic characters, or toys of comic characters, or better yet, a tiny miniature toy version of themselves, and realize that this is all a little silly, and there's no need to be so upset.