Jatta Pake

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, Trekker.

Oh, yeah. NOW I remember. You meant the SDCC 2013 discussion thread, right, MC? That was a bad time. That thread should be nuked from orbit.

Every con is ridiculous in its own way, but now that the MM10 exhibit is done, I need to make a list of Multiversers I want to seriously talk to at each show, should they opt to approach me. I know we talked, MC, but I'm forgetting what we talked about, if anything of substance. We should talk more next year. You're press, I'm former press -- I bet we have a lot in common, outside of our opinions of early Image.

We should do another Multiverse chat.

Zach, you were distributing posters at the time, and I was off to the side talking with Chuck. It's when the other board members started chiming in about how I'd misheard what they weren't even around for that I abandoned that thread. As for the other thread that I agree with you should be nuked from orbit, I was incredibly offended that I felt specifically cornered and called out to prove a negative case against a product I'm passionate about by the representative of that very company. I like you and respect you, but you are the official rep of DST. So even when you're chatting with us as one of the guys, you're still wearing the representative hat in some capacity. I feel like you take criticism against DST too personally, and some of the responses garnered come off a bit harsher than neccessary. I understand from some of your other responses here that it sounds like the other boards you participate in on behalf of DST can be vicious and aren't as kind to you as the MMMV, and I get the sense sometimes that the defenses are up after making the rounds on various boards.

Again, I like you and respect you. But sometimes tone is difficult to convey in text. Two people can read the same sentence and come away with entirely opposite interpretations. But sometimes (not always,maybe one time in ten to twenty), a comment comes off as a bit condescending. It's one thing to hear from another board member, but it takes on an entirely different weight when it comes from the company rep.

I'm very much reminded of the current Tweet sent out by Simon Pegg regarding the recent fan vote of Star Trek Into Darkness as the worst Trek film ever, where Simon responded with "F" off. He wasn't responsible for the decisions that upset the fans. The fans were very happy with Simon's work. But Simon took it personally, and cursed them out, because he cares about the product, and he's friends with those making the decisions.

And since we're clearing the air here, honestly, I was also particularly offended quite some time ago when you'd made a particularly snarky remark about Lego minifigures. It just grated at me to hear one company rep badmouth another company's product. Again, hearing anyone else say it would have been no big deal. And being chided for asking to see more of certain accessories I wanted more of as a customizer, that particularly stung. But after being backed into the corner to essentially put my money where my mouth was in that B&W thread was more antagonistic than I'd expected from a company rep. So yeah, when I wonder if what I'm reading is meant to be as negative as I interpret it, that recent exchange now colors my perception. So while I tried to brush off the Angela comment as just humor on your part, it's just a culmination of things.

We treat you like one of the guys here Zach. I don't want to piss you off or steer you away. But your words carry more authority here than most simply because of our level of trust in you since you speak for the company. Sometimes the fans just like to vent.

Bottom line is: In your position, we hold you to a higher standard.

Edited by monkeycrumb

There are now two Marvel threads that are turning out like the Street Fighter thread and it’s upsetting to me... that’s all I got on that.

on the thread’s real topic, I just preordered two of these at BBTS, I guess you might say the set is totally Rufus... as I have no clue of the context behind which people dislike the storyline as I’ve never read it and don’t plan to, but they sure look neat!

I can't find the B&W discussion you mentioned, monkeycrumb, but I apologize if you were offended in any instance. Ditto the accessories thing, since I don't even remember that one. Although I'm not sure why you were offended by me saying anything bad about Legos. Think less of me for it, if you like, but I don't see how you can take it personally. And I can't imagine whatever I said was THAT bad. I like Legos, and I know where I am.

That said, I have never asked anybody to justify their position, or back up their arguments in any way. We're all entitled to our opinions, and aside from the occasional ode to the Image comics of my youth, I usually only give my opinion (NOT the company's) when I think the company side needs to be represented. If someone feels the need to be RIGHT, and convince me the company is wrong, they can argue, but that's their call. I should really ignore it, and let you guys vent, because most people here don't know the ins and outs of the business side, but I really do try to keep you guys informed of what's going on behind the scenes.

But one thing that does bug me is when people say that those who agree with me or Chuck are being sycophantic in some way, or just trying to get us to stick around. I'm not going anywhere, and I've chatted pleasantly with a lot of people here, online and in person, so it makes me uncomfortable to hear them being accused of insincerity. You may be right, but don't attack others because you're mad at me.

I really hope IM comes with the head pictured and not one with a hole in the head. That hole, to me, is the biggest detractor when we get these neat Iron Man armors with the tampo'd faces.

And I love that Fury with the shirt! I could almost use it to make a custom of me at C2E2! :lol:

It's the same jetpack we got with Hope Summers and we'll get next week with the Heavy SHIELD agent. But it's one of my favorite things.

Ah, I must confess that I'm quite behind on recent releases.

By the way Zack, I've spoken to you a few times at the past few NYCCs and can't shake the feeling I came across as a bit annoying. I grew up reading Toyfare, so seeing those muttonchops in person left a bit awestruck. My sincerest apologies if you have any bad memories involving an over excited teenager with a beard at the DST booth. Glad to see you got such a sweet gig after Toyfare!