Age of Ultron Minimates!

Jatta Pake

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not reading the comic so the only character I recognized was Nick Fury thanks to the eye patch. He looks appropriately badass.

Iron Man's armor certainly puts the "Tron" in "Age of Ultron." No sculpted bits except the helmet? Interesting.

I imagine Angela was rushed into production due to a narrow window of opportunity. Maybe not.

And then there's Ultron. He's got Iron Man's chest plate and Brainiac's legs. Sweet.

Which reminds me: Are we ever going to get vac-metallized figures?

Me and a friend:

TM2DB: new Age of Ultron Minimates box set coming out

TM2DB: pretty solid set

TM2DB: Ultron (duh) a new Tony Stark, who always sells well. An updated 616 Nick Fury who we haven't had in YEARS

TM2DB: and Angela

Mitch: Funny, a new Iron Man clix set is coming out and nobody, seriously nobody wants it.

TM2DB: a surprise with the last one, but an obvious choice once you realize that she's an Indie character released under the Marvel license that DST didn't have to jump through hoops to do. And she's a female, which evens it out even more

TM2DB: so over all a pretty solid set

Mitch: I have no idea who Angela is

Mitch: Nor do I care

TM2DB: Neil Gaiman Spawn character

Mitch: I saw everyone Whogasm'd over her and knew I would never care.

Yeah..don't worry about the haters Zach. Angela is a VERY welcomed addition to my collection. And a new Nick Fury is pretty darn amazing addition.

Ultron looks sweet! I don't recognize this look, as I didn't read the book, but the design is friggin cool.

Iron Man..what can I say? Better makes room on the row of armors.

I'm liking this box-set. New Character. Female. Wanted/needed re-do. Villain. plenty to be excited about.

Can i ask for a little help from anyone who read the whole series:

I read the AOU base series recently... It really seemed to jump around a lot without ever actually showing Ultron (apart from on the covers). Did he ever show up looking like this in the books? Was there a battle with him in one of the tie-ins?
Or was he just controlling shit from the future with the Vision & Goldtrons?

I imagine Angela was rushed into production due to a narrow window of opportunity. Maybe not.

Why, does she look rushed? This set seemed like a good place for her, since she made her Marvel debut here, and was wearing her classic togs, but I wouldn't say we rushed anything about this set. And since she's in GotG now, and in a new costume to boot, she's fair game going forward.

Will Ultron be able to have alternate, normal looks though?

Nope, what you see is what you get. But you get a lot.

Caveat: I will be buying this set.

That being said, I kind of hate it. I never got into Angela or Image but man what a great custom fodder for a She-Ra minimate or a Dani Moonstar Valkryie. I was OK with my custom Nick (old Nick head, new hair, on SHIELD body) so I didn't feel that needed an update. I have a butt load of Tony and this new Ultron is the only thing I find interesting. So I feel like a comic collector in the 90's. I will buy it but I hate it. But then again I hated Age of Ultron as well.

I think we're getting a lot of these already in Wave 51. And I'm glad you're enjoying it, but I have little to no faith in Bendis at this point. He's above Jeph Loeb but that's about where it ends for me.

original.gif

Bendis has extreme highs and lows. This was a low. Nuff said.

I guess. It's certainly all kinds of crazy, and you guys knocked it out of the park, but the design's a bit too much for my taste.

You don't have to read the books to see this Ultron design, as I think it only appears on the covers. We didn't know that when we designed him, but it's still a cool look.