Age of Ultron Minimates!

Jatta Pake

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I actually havent bought AoU yet. Im mostly reading the Young Avengers Titles and the Uncanny Avengers. Although honestly I'd love to see just more Marvel NOW! characters instead of a AoU-centric wave. If they do make some AoU Minimates I'd prefer Boxed Sets over Waves.

An updated Ultron sound AWESOME though.

I actually havent bought AoU yet. Im mostly reading the Young Avengers Titles and the Uncanny Avengers. Although honestly I'd love to see just more Marvel NOW! characters instead of a AoU-centric wave. If they do make some AoU Minimates I'd prefer Boxed Sets over Waves.

An updated Ultron sound AWESOME though.

Am I the only one that thinks the overhead lamps that dentist use look like Ultron's head? Anyway, the series hasn't made me excited at all. The first two issues have seriously and literally put me to sleep. Off of the negative train, I do love the Marvel Now costumes and would love to see more of them. This being the 50th anniversary of A & X I would think that this entire year would be dedicated to them with a few other characters sprinkled in.

Thought this was an announcement thread.

So far of the two issues I just think the series is "ok" I would like another Ultron but other than that the designs aren't that great.

I want modern Uncanny X-Men designs.

I put the "Please" in the title hoping to indicate it's a wish thread rather than an announcement. Guess I wasn't as successful as I'd hoped.

Admittedly, not much has happened yet but I feel like the ground work is being laid. Certainly setting up some interesting questions. I'm not a fan of Phoenix so AvX didn't do much for me. But I love dystopian future killer robots. Plus I'd love to see more of the two villains in issue #1. (Minimates please!)

Hey, I at least figured that the "please" meant request and not announcement.

Bendis gets a very short leash from me, particularly anything Avengers related. I'm of the opinion that he's a horrible fit for the book, no matter how well it sells or how long he stays on it. Also, his track record on "big" stories... not great. So I probably won't enjoy it much. Prove me wrong, Bendis!

As for the Marvel Now costumes, I'd probably want them more as Minimates if I had any faith that those outfits would be around for more then a year or two. It's just the way Marvel operates these days: reboot every few years, with new costume designs to boot. By the time we get toys, often they've already moved on to the next costume. So frustrating!

I obviously missed the please in the title, that's what I get for posting via my phone.

I also wasn't talking about more AvX stuff I was talking about Cyclops, Magik, Magneto and Emma Frost's current look in Uncanny.

The two villains from the first issue would make decent 'mates.

I second that I'd rather get more Marvel NOW! looks than Age of Ultron mates. As of right now, there's not much even design-wise that suggests to me the need for a mate (She-Hulk gets less hair and Luke Cage gets more-- Wolverine gets Ultimate Quicksilver's costume... all Zzz). Between everyone mentioned already (the Uncanny X-Men and Avengers, Captain Marvel, Rachel Grey!!! and way more in-continuity) there's plenty character-wise that needs to be covered in 616 Marvel before they're dated.

If you do get them it'll 6 months to a year after the event finishes an everyone's looking at the next big thing... then half of them will be short packs at TRU so we cant find them anyway! dry.png

T.

p.s. Yes I've had a crappy day and am feeling overly cynical... sad.png

p.p.s. I really don't mean the above and just need a hug from Chuck/Zach/Robert/DST Minions!!

Bendis gets a very short leash from me, particularly anything Avengers related. I'm of the opinion that he's a horrible fit for the book, no matter how well it sells or how long he stays on it. Also, his track record on "big" stories... not great. So I probably won't enjoy it much. Prove me wrong, Bendis!

As for the Marvel Now costumes, I'd probably want them more as Minimates if I had any faith that those outfits would be around for more then a year or two. It's just the way Marvel operates these days: reboot every few years, with new costume designs to boot. By the time we get toys, often they've already moved on to the next costume. So frustrating!

What he said.

Yeah, I agree with that last point in particular, which is why if given a choice of more marvel now or more classic costumed marvel characters being minimated I'd go for classic every time! In some ways I find things like marvel now a but frustrating as it (understandably) nudges DST towards more versions of characters we already have plenty of rather than new ones. (Although I do know we have some cool new characters in wave 51.)

Having said all of that if AoU, which I've not started reading yet, gets us a new ultron, or even better a jocasta, then I'm all for it!!

What he said.

Agree. Bendis just doesn't work on the large scale stuff. He can't write a fight scene to save his life. He can't write characters in any voice except snarky. He can't pace for a monthly comic. He has lost all good will with me so I'm no longer going to "wait and see where it goes."

So I'm not sounding completly negative, I did enjoy his DD and USM.

I enjoy Marvel's output a lot more when I ignore this kind of stuff.

Ok I'm feeling less cynical *cough*grumpy*cough* today...

I haven't read any of the AoU storyline but wouldn't mind a new Ultron minimate...

In fact I wouldn't mind if they just reissued the one we already have, it's one of my favourite minimates, clean simple lines and a great likeness.

They could do an Ultron 4 pack?

Classic Ultron

Female Ultron

Jocasta

Vision (either all clear or all solid this time please!)

T.

I think Bendis is doing really well on the X-books, especially All New, but Age of Ultron is pretty crap. Has made for some entertaining comics reviews though, like one I saw pointing out the whole book is basically a "rubble" pin-up collection, where the most exciting thing that happens on one page is

Black Widow eats a Twix bar.

Wow, I so don't care! I'm happy for any Spawn or Angela fans, but man, I was with Spawn from the beginning and I jumped ship eventually (not fast enough!) But I sincerely wish I'd never bought a single Spawn product, book or toy.

Angela & Marvel isn't like mixing peanut butter & chocolate, it's more like mixing tooth paste and orange juice, two things that just shouldn't be mixed! Even with Neil Gaiman co-writing, I just have no interest in ever dealing with the Spawn universe ever again.

As for Age of Ultron, I just read issue #1. I was very confused, but I guess it's an Ultimate book? It wasn't mentioned anywhere on the cover or inside, I thought it was a 616 event. If it's not 616, I'm not interested. Unless they want to give us Owl and Hammerhead and make them look 616!