UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

new wolverine thru the age set

Dave

And the two figures I mentioned are not based on existing toy designs, although I guess both are technically armors. They do not represent some paradigm shift, just us trying to make best use of existing tooling to make something cool. I cannot see anyone having an issue with either one.

Hmm. . ."technically armors" you say, reusing existing tooling. I'm going with Spidey and Wolvie S.T.R.I.P.E. bots.

I don't know... it seems weird that DST would out of the blue do Hasbro-style made-up character designs, no matter how cool they might be. Zach's usually pretty cagey about saying something is awesome and we will love it, especially if it's out of left field like that.

Maybe we're talking about a SHIELD or Hydra (or SHIELD vs Hydra!) boxset with a couple of army builder troops that have some kind of "assault mech armor" pieces or something. That could potentially be not exactly canon or based on existing designs, and not elicit an outcry from fans. It would meet the criterion of "using existing tooling to do make something cool." ABC is launching the SHIELD show, so it could have a media tie-in. And if the guesses about wave 54 being Cap/spy/SHIELD-themed are true, you could put in a classic Nick Fury and/or Baron Strucker and make it tie in to that, and be totally awesome.

Hmm...

Don't get our hopes up, Lobby. :P

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally, I'm surprised that Marvel Minimates have made it 50+ waves before introducing non-comic-accurate designs. I get all the trepidation, and I guess I agree (that it would be bad if it got out of control. but I highly doubt that would happen. I trust DST) ... but part of me is also kinda excited to see what we'll be getting. And who knows? maybe one of the new designs will inspire a comic artist to incorporate the look into a comic, and it will be legitimized thumbsup.gif

Come on, it's going to be and Avengers elemental armor box set with Arctic Armor Wolverine, Deep Sea Armor Spider-Man, Space Suit Captain America, and Ninja Armor Iron Man.

Almost Captain Planet!

You know, i just reread another comment he made that says "A-listers," so that shoots down this theory. Bring on the Arctic Lazer Attack Wolverine, I guess.

Battle damaged Life Model Decoys of Captain America and some other guy?

Brotherhood Evil next specialty boxset?

Pretty sure he said that the next specialty set would be made up of characters we've already seen. This doesn't totally rule out the Brotherhood, as such. But it means no Toad or Mastermind from the original line-up, and no Pyro, Blob, Avalanche, Destiny etc... from the Freedom Force days.

You could, i guess, have a Brotherhood set with Magneto, Mystique, Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver - but that wouldn't be accurate to any particular period & DST/AA are usually pretty good about keeping their sets accurate to a certain period.

Brotherhood Evil next specialty boxset?

Pretty sure he said that the next specialty set would be made up of characters we've already seen. This doesn't totally rule out the Brotherhood, as such. But it means no Toad or Mastermind from the original line-up, and no Pyro, Blob, Avalanche, Destiny etc... from the Freedom Force days.

You could, i guess, have a Brotherhood set with Magneto, Mystique, Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver - but that wouldn't be accurate to any particular period & DST/AA are usually pretty good about keeping their sets accurate to a certain period.

Well, we have seen Blob, albeit not the 616 version.

Oh of course! I totally forgot about XMOW Blob. Still, I don't think any combination (of 4) of Scarlet Witch, Blob, Quicksilver, Magneto & Mystique ever worked in the Brotherhood at the same time.

EDIT - i stand corrected - apparently Blob did serve as a later member in Magneto's first incarnation.

Linkage

I'd be very stoked if this *was* the case - but it would mean that i'd be begging for a Toad/Mastermind 2 pack to follow it up :P

As much as I want a Brotherhood box set, I'm not even remotely interested in a Brotherhood box set where we don't get a single new character.

I could accept it if it got us a few fill-in TRU 2-packs.

But if the only way I could get Toad was in a 4-pack with Magneto, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, then I'd happily fork over my money (assuming the 3 were different from what we already have, otherwise I would grudgingly still fork over the cash)

4-Pack:

Magneto, Toad, Mastermind, Quicksilver (we just got 2 Scarlet Witches!)

TRU 2-pack:

Blob & Pyro

Avalanche & Destiny

I hope Blob and Pyro wouldn't come together! There would be so much tooling for the bulked up... fat parts for Blob that there will be no budget for some crazy fire accessories for Pyro

As much as I want a Brotherhood box set, I'm not even remotely interested in a Brotherhood box set where we don't get a single new character.

I could accept it if it got us a few fill-in TRU 2-packs.

But if the only way I could get Toad was in a 4-pack with Magneto, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, then I'd happily fork over my money (assuming the 3 were different from what we already have, otherwise I would grudgingly still fork over the cash)

4-Pack:

Magneto, Toad, Mastermind, Quicksilver (we just got 2 Scarlet Witches!)

TRU 2-pack:

Blob & Pyro

Avalanche & Destiny

I'm completely with you on that, I just would be severely irritated if after all the years of asking for Toad, Blob, Pyro, Avalanche we got a Brotherhood box set with none of them? I'd be a very disgruntled person. There would be no Hot Sex whatsoever that day.

I'd be happy if a properly bulked-up 616 Blob was the new character. But at the same time, i don't really expect this new box set to be BOEM.

It *could* be, considering the single clue that Zach has given out... but it could also be 100 other things.

I hope Blob and Pyro wouldn't come together! There would be so much tooling for the bulked up... fat parts for Blob that there will be no budget for some crazy fire accessories for Pyro

Fine:

Spiderman & Blob

Spiderman & Pyro

Spiderman & Toad

Spiderman & Mastermind

TRU:

Spiderman & Avalanche

Spiderman & Destiny

Spiderman & Black Knight

Spiderman & Tigra

WAVE 55:

Wolverine & Piledriver

Wolverine & Thunderball

Wolverine & Wrecker

Wolverine & Bulldozer

I would buy them all and be happy. Of course, it's not going to happen like this either! But I'd still buy them :)

Fine:

Spiderman & Blob

Spiderman & Pyro

Spiderman & Toad

Spiderman & Mastermind

TRU:

Spiderman & Avalanche

Spiderman & Destiny

Spiderman & Black Knight

Spiderman & Tigra

WAVE 55:

Wolverine & Piledriver

Wolverine & Thunderball

Wolverine & Wrecker

Wolverine & Bulldozer

I would buy them all and be happy. Of course, it's not going to happen like this either! But I'd still buy them :)

As much as I shouldn't encourage them, I would buy every single one of those.

"And lo did they look about them for the Hot Sex, but there was none to be found. And so they did move on to the next box set, with promises of Hot Sex in their thoughts, and brotherhood in their hearts. And that which was thought forbidden became allowed, and the impossible became possible, and there was much rejoicing."

- Valo 4:87