UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

new wolverine thru the age set

Dave

The new slipper feet have holes so there's that, but his boots, I don't think can be made shorter. I'd dremel my Wolverine anyway so ankle articulation is a fair sacrifice IMO to get a Wolverine who isn't as tall or taller then characters who tower over him. You can keep the wrist articulation PL he has long arms.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does it look to anyone else that the space helmet actually fits over the mask on space wolverine?

I also didn't want this set till I saw the tray shoot....... damn it!

I agree. I was planning on buying this set before just to have unopened but now I actually want a space army... I wish they had released this figure seperately!

Edited by thereasonsy

and making wolverine shorter now would make all subsequent wolverines look ridiculous next to the 103013804312082 wolverine already made.

similar to the bulked up figures (Hulk) the new ones just dont look right next to the old ones

I just crouch Wolverine.

I do the same. I just position him in a way his height isn't fully revealed.

Speaking of height, how cool would a 5-10 inch Sentinal minimate be as a convention exclusive? I know they hate to break out of the current scale and I know about MaxiMates but I passed on those because they weren't posable. I only regret it about once a year ;).

I agree. I was planning on buying this set before just to have unopened but now I actually want a space army... I wish they had released this figure seperately!

Since the helmet does go over an Iron Man piece, what are the odds we’ll see some kind of sea/space Iron Man in the future reusing the helmet? I mean, if we’re getting another Phoenix-Killer they can’t be just throwing the mold to that helmet away after one use...

.... also I prefer Wolverine on a normal sized base, firstly because we can’t switch his hands if he has shortened arms and would look like a weird ape-man without short arms to go with the short legs. Secondly, don’t most casual fans know Wolverine as being 6ft tall because of Hugh Jackman? Wouldn’t a shortverine confuse them and isn’t that who the variants are for anyway?

I had only asked because the TRU Marvel NOW! Wolverine has short legs. I figured maybe they would include a few in this set.

I much prefer to have proper scale than articulation, in almost all cases. There is a reason I stocked up on the Peter Pan Minimates after all.

I had only asked because the TRU Marvel NOW! Wolverine has short legs.

They don't look short in the solicitation image. And there's clearly an ankle pivot.

TRU16group1.jpg

You sure about that?

I thought he was supposed to:

null_zps8566f37e.jpg

A less extreme angle:

null_zps2d24dffc.jpg

I guess things change....

I don't want to see shorter body types used unless it's absolutely necessary. Franklin Richards, maybe. Wolverine, no.

I can't wait for a Franklin Richards! I have a lame custom right now but can't wait to see a real release.