new wolverine thru the age set

Dave

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ultimate Wolverine - meh, I haven't bought any of the Ultimate Universe stuff and I'm probably not going to start now

Space Wolverine - I never really cared for that old Toy Biz figure

Bathrobe Wolverine - no thanks

Venom Wolverine - I'm not familiar with this one but I like it.

So I only like 1 out of 4 from this set. I would have preferred if it was a completely transformed Venom Wolverine instead though. I can piece together a body but hopefully there is a second mask included that is all black. I would have rather had an updated Weapon X (either loincloth with helmet version or cool black gear) instead of these other versions.

If anyone is getting this set and doesn't want the Venom Wolverine, let me know. I'll take it off your hands.

So excited for the Toy Biz Spacesuit Wolvie!!! Yeah, I'd rather have a newer Weapon X (helmet & wires & such) then Venverine but whatever, I'm in!!!

Yeah - i'm keen to see a Weapon X at some stage too. There's still plenty of fodder for another Wolverine set though. Team X, Weapon Omega (AoA), Fang, Governor General Howlett, etc...

I'm sure we'll see Weapon X at some stage, be it in a box-set or in a wave.

I'm in the minority but I really don't like that space Wolvie. Part of the reason I like Minimates so much is that the character variants we get are based on actual comic stories and not made up for the toyline. Overuse of that gimmick led me to stop buying a lot of lines I used to like. I really hope this doesn't mean we're going to start seeing Minimate Samurai Iron Man's and Deep Sea Spideys.

I'm in the minority but I really don't like that space Wolvie. Part of the reason I like Minimates so much is that the character variants we get are based on actual comic stories and not made up for the toyline. Overuse of that gimmick led me to stop buying a lot of lines I used to like. I really hope this doesn't mean we're going to start seeing Minimate Samurai Iron Man's and Deep Sea Spideys.

ditto... but there are only so many comic variants and they will never stop making spidey/wolvie/iron man...

The figure I want from this set is the one under the armour which I think is his current comic uniform or close to it. The others are just filler for me.

no, its Nick Bradshaws/Chris Bachallos "Wolverine and the X-men" look, not the Marvel Now look, which will be in TRU 17

Logan-san is shirtless underneath, I believe.

Space Suit Wolverine is DEFINITELY based on a design from the comic. Not sure if it was Jim Lee or Andy Kubert or Greg Capullo, but I believe it appeared in X-Cutioner's Song, on the moon. May have appeared earlier, not sure.

Couldn't find a pic of it, but I found this:

nwavng35.jpg

The figure I want from this set is the one under the armour which I think is his current comic uniform or close to it. The others are just filler for me.

no, its Nick Bradshaws/Chris Bachallos "Wolverine and the X-men" look, not the Marvel Now look, which will be in TRU 17

cheers dont follow the Xbooks at the moment just knew his current look featured the little X badge on the side of the breast.

Space Suit Wolverine is DEFINITELY based on a design from the comic. Not sure if it was Jim Lee or Andy Kubert or Greg Capullo, but I believe it appeared in X-Cutioner's Song, on the moon. May have appeared earlier, not sure.

nwavng35.jpg

makes me wish he had the sculpted tongue. I love me some venom mates, the Venom TTA is definitely my fave TTA set.

nwavng35.jpg

I remember seeing this pic and thinking how badass it looked!

Getting closer, here's a panel from X-Men #25, part of Fatal Attractions. All the Wolverine pics are of him getting his adamantium pulled out, but he definitely wears this at one point.

tumblr_m4xyfwOPpL1rwsrxwo1_500.jpg

Zach I looked at this issue before posting. Its a completely different suit Edited by bigvis497

Getting closer, here's a panel from X-Men #25, part of Fatal Attractions. All the Wolverine pics are of him getting his adamantium pulled out, but he definitely wears this at one point.

Zach I looked at this issue before posting. Its a completely different suit

My copy of X-Men 25 is in storage, but if you have the issue where Wolverine wears a spacesuit and this isn't it, then it must be another issue. I read X-Men pretty consistently around that time, and I remember the suit from the comic. I thought it was X-cutioner's Song, but I assumed I was wrong. Would love to see what spacesuit he's actually wearing in your book, because the suit on the figure is pretty much what Gambit has on.

And if you guys don't like us making up new suits for A-listers, then you're going to hate two figures we have coming up where we do exactly that.

Or, you will love it, because they are both awesome.

Made up suits uh? Well, it's one way to keep releasing A-listers while still keeping them fresh. These kind of suits would mostly suit to Iron Man but i could see Cap, Wolvie and maybe Spidey wearing some toy-friendly armors and costumes.

And if you guys don't like us making up new suits for A-listers, then you're going to hate two figures we have coming up where we do exactly that.

Or, you will love it, because they are both awesome.

Hmmm...I'll take it on faith that you guys have something cool planned, but 'toy line specific' costumes walk a very fine line and I have to say the thought of that affecting Minimates makes me nervous. Anybody that ever walked into a Kay-Bee Toys during the '90s when Toybiz was making Spider-Man toys will know exactly what I mean.

tumblr_m4xyfwOPpL1rwsrxwo1_500.jpg

Zach I looked at this issue before posting. Its a completely different suit

From the next page after the one Zach posted:

WolvieSpaceSuit_zps17e1ae0a.jpg

It looks like the same space suit as everyone else (Course the costume underneath is completely different, but I imagine that's for the people who don't want a Space Suit Wolvie)