new wolverine thru the age set

Dave

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A Wolverine robot initially created (by Donny Pierce and the Reavers) to kill Wolverine, he instead became friends with Wolverine. Albert's robocohort was a little supergenius girl robot. I think if I were to create a killer robot Wolverine I may have gone with a more threatening name than Albert. Like maybe Vincent. Anyway, here's Albert sewing a glove to his wrist. http://loganfiles.com/Characters/Albert.jpg

Edited by Turtle

My ideal wolverine through the ages set would have Team X Wolvie, Albert, Weapon X, and AoA Weapon Omega. That being said I'm very much looking forward to this set, I'm digging ultimate wolverine, it looks great and is a nice update, but the stand out of the set for me is space suit wolverine. Hope we'll get more info on this soon.

I'm really bummed Team X Wolverine lost the poll.

My ideal wolverine through the ages set would have Team X Wolvie, Albert, Weapon X, and AoA Weapon Omega. That being said I'm very much looking forward to this set, I'm digging ultimate wolverine, it looks great and is a nice update, but the stand out of the set for me is space suit wolverine. Hope we'll get more info on this soon.

Honestly Zach, it's probably because Wolverine and Spider-Man are "safe," meaning they may not get made this time, but they're always on the table. In the polls I tried to vote for who I wanted most, but also who needed it most. I really wanted bulked-up Abomination, but Baron Zemo never had a mate at all before, and was the ideal variant. I like a LOT of the Spider-Men we've gotten over the years, DST certainly knows how to make a Spider-Man, but I never felt the need to ask for one, one's usually coming soon down the pipeline.

I'll make you a deal, give us a Silver Samurai 'mate, and we'll take that Team X Wolverine with open arms. ;)

I would gladly buy multiples of a Maverick/Team X Wolverine 2-pack.

I'll make you a deal, give us a Silver Samurai 'mate, and we'll take that Team X Wolverine with open arms. wink.png

Heck, if it'll get us Silver Samurai, I'll even take that ugly blue jumpsuit he wore in the first few issues of his solo comic.

I'm actually not - i'm hoping that Team X Wolverine is used as an excuse to get out some other characters from the era. A Box set with Team X Sabretooth, Maverick & Silver Fox in her Hydra gear would be pretty sweet!

And i know that DST loves their Logan variants - so i'm pretty sure we'll see him somewhere down the track.

no - not for a while. Unless you count Dark Avengers Karla.

Binary, FA Ms Marvel, Warbird & Captain Marvel would make a nice set.

Meanwhile, back on the topic (sorry - this one was my fault): did we actually get confirmation of a release date for this set? Or do we just think it'll be summerish?

Summer-ish. dry.png

And as far as an all-female through the ages set goes, I think we like doing TTAs because they're all-star slam-dunks. Four Captain Americas! Four Wolverines! Four Hulks! So if we do another one, it will be somebody who's a sure-fire seller.

Not that Storm and Captain Marvel aren't great, but we'd be much more likely to pack them with someone else, rather than count on one of them to sell an entire box set. An all-female box set -- of the same character -- is not going to have the mainstream/youth appeal of, say, Iron Man.

Not hatin', just 'splainin'.

Summer-ish. dry.png

And as far as an all-female through the ages set goes, I think we like doing TTAs because they're all-star slam-dunks. Four Captain Americas! Four Wolverines! Four Hulks! So if we do another one, it will be somebody who's a sure-fire seller.

Not that Storm and Captain Marvel aren't great, but we'd be much more likely to pack them with someone else, rather than count on one of them to sell an entire box set. An all-female box set -- of the same character -- is not going to have the mainstream/youth appeal of, say, Iron Man.

Not hatin', just 'splainin'.

Spidey TTA for more obscure variants?

• 616 Peter Parker (Interchangeable parts)

• Amazing Bag Man

• Spider-Hulk

• Man Spider

Spidey TTA for more obscure variants?

• 616 Peter Parker (Interchangeable parts)

• Amazing Bag Man

• Spider-Hulk

• Man Spider

I want an updated Spider-Man 2099

Any boxset that includes Spidey 2099 and Amazing Bag Head gets my money instantly

Edited by Shogi

• 2 months later...

Behold, package art for the 2013 SDCC Wolverine Saga set:

s4.jpg?802b89

I'm guessing this pic has been squished down or something. Otherwise, Wolverine's gotta a long face. O_o That spacesuit Wolvy especially.