new wolverine thru the age set

Dave

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At NYCC or ToyFair, DST showed off prototypes for a new Wolverine Through the Ages set.

It featured:

Ultimate Wolverine

Samurai/Kimono Wolverine

Wolverine/Venom (Logan as the host for the Venom Symbiote)

Astonishing X-Men Wolverine (with additional parts to make a space-suit wolverine which looks to be a tribute to the 90's ToyBiz Phoenix Saga Wolverine Figure).

There are some pics from the DST Panel which shows the design sheets for the figures here.

If the design sheets are anything to go by, it looks like we might get at least one of the arms that were originally going to come with She-Venom.

I kinda wish we were getting pieces to make a completely black Wolvenom.... but with the number of extra pack-ins planned so far (Space Armour, Bare Chest, Bare Arms, Cable-style cannon hand gun, sword), i doubt there's gonna be room for an extra Arm, Leg & Torso.

And despite liking most of what this set has to offer, i'm really surprised that Stack-Hat Weapon X wasn't included.

Whoa nice, rebooting Ultimate Wolvie all the way from Wave 3.

Although, like Heroic Slacker pointed out, I might've liked this one better:

A black arm and leg shouldn't be too hard to come by, its just the torso, but even that can be reminded by getting wave 43 Spidey or Best of Venom or a Venom through the ages.

2585826-wolverine56.jpg

One of the few Wolverine variants I want.

This shot with the crotch computers:

costume_wolverine_weaponx.jpg

Crazy Weapon X wasn't included in either of the two "Through the Ages" sets for this guy. If this one had that plus Kimono Wolvie I would probably buy. But my interest in Kimono version isn't that great, and I have zero interest in the other figures, so I won't be buying.

Is there any news on a release date? If mr.oat said that wolvie movie mates don't have a nice outcome, this may be something to tie in. When I was little, my first toy of wolverine was weapon x..so that would be wonderful. Maybe it isn't too late to add the parts to complete symbiotic t-rex man.

Would make sense for this to be released alongside the Wolvie movie in lieu of movie-mates. This would be the first Marvel movie to be released without Mates in years, correct? Since Blade Trinity or Fantastic Four 2 maybe?

At this point, I agree that a Weapon X version of Wolverine is the only one I'd get excited for. That being said I hadn't seen this box set, and am mildly pumped to be getting Symbiote Wolverine.

I dunno... there's one other I'd be pumped for no question: Skelerine.

Would make sense for this to be released alongside the Wolvie movie in lieu of movie-mates. This would be the first Marvel movie to be released without Mates in years, correct? Since Blade Trinity or Fantastic Four 2 maybe?

I feel like there's another one... wasn't there a second Ghost RIder movie not that long ago? Let's see, there's also Daredevil and Elektra, but they are before FF2, if I'm not mistaken. Kickass, I guess, if you want to count that.

I'm excited for this set! Sure, I'd like to have a True Wespon X (like the letter, not the Roman Numeral ?) but that Space Wolverine makes me giddy for the 90s Toy Biz line! Maybe in the next Spidey wave/box set we could get a wet-suit Spidey! I think Albert (cybernetic Wolvie clone) would be a unique addition to a Wolvie box set.

My ideal wolverine through the ages set would have Team X Wolvie, Albert, Weapon X, and AoA Weapon Omega. That being said I'm very much looking forward to this set, I'm digging ultimate wolverine, it looks great and is a nice update, but the stand out of the set for me is space suit wolverine. Hope we'll get more info on this soon.