UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Best Customs of 2012 - Grand Finale!, p.4

We've all enjoyed the incredible Best Customs of the Year Awards 2012, which means it's time for the

BestCustoms.jpg

As usual in a new thread with rules and gallery up front on the first page (aka the "TM2-Rule" tongue.png). We've received almost 150 customs in 13 different categories this year and now it's time for you to vote! A thumbnail gallery for each of the eleven categories has been posted below (it's too pic heavy to place in a single post, so we split it up). Each thumb will link to a larger picture or the original post to help you review and see all the details.

===============================================================

Wait! What is this?

So you're new to this place, right? Well, it's exactly what it says on the tin: we celebrate the best minimate customs made in 2012. Please sit back and enjoy what the talented folks of our little plastic crack commuinty came up with last year. Here's what the show looked last year.

Alrighty then! Are there any RULES?

You will submit your top 3 choices per category in descending order. The standard 3 points, 2 points & 1 point award system will be used as it has in past contests.

Voting is open to all members of the Multiverse forum, even the participants, but as a customizer you are not allowed to vote for your own customs! We will simply ignore those votes.

"Do I also have to vote in the categories my own customs are in the running?" Especially in those! To be fair, we encourage you to vote in these categories, too!

I'm ready, how do I vote, dude?

The PM Ballot system will be used for the voting. Please send all ballots by PM to the Master of Numbers hellpop.

Send your top 3 picks for each category & top 3 for Custom of the Year in the format below:

• Best Custom Of The Year (all customs are eligible)
  • Best Marvel Comics Custom
  • Best DC Comics Custom
  • Best Other ComicS / Cartoon Custom
  • Best Movie/TV-Series Custom
  • Best Videogame Custom
  • Best Miscymate Custom
  • Best Vehicle/Display/Accessory
  • Best Box Set / Team / Series of 4+ Customs
  • Even Better Than The Real Thing
  • Best Quick Custom
  • Best Decal Design
  • Best Paintjob
  • Best Sculpting
Points awarded will be as follows: 1st will get 3pts, 2nd will get 2pts, 3rd will get 1pts.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR THE CUSTOM OF THE YEAR!

You can also vote for the overall Custom of the Year. Just review all of the nominations below and pick your top 3 choices of which you think are the most outstanding.

Please post any questions in this thread. For complaints please contact

OK, how much time do I have and when does this end?

Voting begins right now and ends Sunday, March 24th at 11:59 PM CST.

Winners will be announced later (that means early/mid April, not months later*...).

(*If you get this joke, you're probably not a newbie...)

Thank you very much, have fun and good luck to all of the participants! And here we go!

BEST MARVEL CUSTOM OF 2012

MARVEL-Venom.jpg MARVEL-Starlord.jpg MARVEL-BagMan.jpg MARVEL-Gladiator.jpg strong_guy%20thumb.jpg

BDIMthumb.JPG MARVEL-Viper.jpg MARVEL-Angel.jpg MARVEL-GreyHulk.jpg MARVEL-SilverSurfer.jpg

MARVEL-Odin.jpg MARVEL-Loki.jpg Boomboomthumb.jpg Ironmanthumb.jpg Wildchildthumb.jpg

Superadaptoidthumb.jpg Rocket%20Raccoonthumb.JPG Blackwidowthumb.jpg

BEST DC CUSTOM OF 2012

DC-Firestorm.jpg DC-Batman.jpg DC-Midnite.jpg plasticman%20thumb.jpg TwoFacethumb.JPG

Huntressthumb.JPG DC-Arkkis.jpg DC-Freeze.jpg DC-Fate.jpg DC-Hawk.jpg

DC-Pyg.jpg DC-Sandman.jpg Pilotbatmanthumb.jpg Monelthumb.jpg zsaszthumb.jpg

Batmanbeyondthumb.jpg DC-PlasticMan.jpg

Edited by Bob Harris

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew!sweat.gif

I just wanted to remind you all, in case you overlooked it in the instructions, to send your ballots to ME (Hellpop) and not BOB (Bob). Remember, he's German! You don't want to get on his bad side!ermm.gif

Also: If you notice any mistakes, if any of the picture links don't work, or you think we missed a custom you submitted, PLEASE PM US ASAP!

Edited by hellpop

Oh, I just thought of one more thing to add: if it's not obvious, you should all be aware that the thumbnails are direct links to the customs in question. So, before voting, you should really check those links and see the customs in all their glory. This is particularly important in the group category, since not everyone sent us one photo with all their 'mates, and the accessory category, since we often had to crop large parts of the display to get them to fit the thumbnail dimensions.

I decided to allow it, because his appearances have been almost entirely on the Batman Beyond cartoon, and the category is for other comics and cartoon characters. And anyway, aren't you the guy who insisted that She-Ra is a DC Comics character a few years ago?

Just started tabulating the ballots so far... pretty interesting stuff. Custom of the Year is still very much wide open; seems there's no one dominant favorite 'mate this year. There's a few categories that look to be already decided (one's an outright bloodbath), but most are very close, with a few separating from the pack. There's one category that I think is just about impossible to choose, but there appears to be a frontrunner. Anyway, there's just about a week to go, so MAKE SURE YOU VOTE! And send your pms to me, not Bob!

Give us the run down when it's all over. I'd like to know which was a bloodbath. Those are always fun.

I don't know if I'll give you the full run down, since I don't want to embarrass anyone (myself included...sad.png ), but I'll definitely give the top five and some analysis. So remember everyone, we're halfway through the voting window! There's still some very prominent members of this community yet to vote, including some people with horses in this race! So get me your votes!