UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Podcast recommendations?

youbastards

Kevin Smith? *shudder*

I don't always listen to podcats,* but when I do, I listen to Pardon the Interruption or the free stuff from Figure Four Weekly.

*in fact, I almost never do

I've thought we should have a podcast here. It would be great when there's new stuff coming out or being announced, but might be a bit dull in the lulls when everything is talked to death but still so far away.

Also, I recommend the Rooster Teeth podcast. It's pretty fun times.

Kevin Smith? *shudder*

I didn't want to be the one to say it... but I thought it.laugh.png

I still listen to the old Ricky Gervais/Steve Merchant/Karl Pilkington podcasts all the time. I really like the old XFM radio shows, which were nicely archived online, but I now see that they've had to take that down (probably because they'll be using that material for future episodes of of the animated HBO show).

I sometimes listen to Alan Seipenwell and Dan Fienberg's TV blog at Hitfix.com. I also go highbrow (archived NPR shows, usually fresh air) and lowbrow (Wrestling Observer's free shows). And I've listened to Action Figure Insider's podcast a few times.

A lot of podcasts I go through phases of interest or just download when they have a good guest (like WTF With Marc Maron, he gets amazing comedy guests sometimes), but I listen to two consistently: a funny and interesting comic book podcast called House To Astonish, and a comedy show called Doug Loves Movies.

Edited by battlecat

I highly recommend the Geek Shall Inherit podcast. They cover toys, movies, music, and other cool stuff, and it is my favorite podcast by far.

The Comedy Button is extremely funny but very vulgar.

And I also agree with JP about Hardcore History. The 4 part series on the Germany/Russia front of World War 2 was amazing!

Why the hate for Kevin Smith?

Because he’s just awful? or was that rhetorical like “why is the sky blue?"

ANY WAY! Good Podcast that aren’t nerdist:

-The Pod F Tompkast: It’s really funny (assuming you like Paul F Tompkins, which you should!), there’s only 24 of them (with “more coming” but he doesn’t know when)

-How Did This Get Made?: A podcast that makes jokes about sh*tty movies. It’s hit or miss depending on if you’ve seen the movie, but it’s really funny (it made me watch Birdemic and reminded me just how insane the Mario Brothers movie was)

The Danger Room Podcast is great. It's 2 dudes that go over and do commentary on classic X-Men comics. Also If you like wrestling listen to "Wrestling Randomness" , they cover wrestling, pop culture, comics , games, and more