UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Who is the single most important Marvel HERO still waiting for a Minimate? POLL ADDED - Round 2 - Pick TWO

youbastards

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, it's fun and it's something to talk about. What's the harm? Are you being forced to read this thread?

Your response makes me think you read my post in far more complainy a tone than I had in my brain as I typed it.

No need for the "You don't like it!? Don't read it!" response...

Though now perhaps I'm reading you as over-counter-complainy and exacerbating the problem.

WE'RE ALL FRIENDS HERE! EVERYONE CALM DOWN!

BE COOL! TELL THAT B*TCH TO CHILL! SAY, "CHILL B*TCH!"

Anyway...

I'm just saying... I can't see where a poll that's 50 names long really... accomplishes its goal of picking a SINGLE character well? Was my point? I dunno. The Villains poll just seems superflously long to me... it could have been Enchantress, Toad, and like 4 or 5 other names and yielded the same result. Indeed, all the extra space for more names/votes did was encourage me to vote for Toad, Pyro and Blob... even though I admit Enchantress seems more relevant to the Marvel Universe on the whole than at least one of those guys. A broad selection dilutes things... to a degree. Seems like a whole whole lot of the other names are just there because of people wishlisting, which to my understanding, was not the point of that thread. Indeed there are dozens of names with 0 or 1 vote.

This thread, like that one, already seems to point to a whole lot of Falcon as the main course, with a side of lots of wishlisting. Is wishlisting not contrary to the point of the thread... as per the Original Poster's own defined parameters? If the goal is to choose one name.

THAT'S kind of my point...

It's not that I'm complaining, or disinterested. Or that I dislike fun. I'm just offering some input/opinion/perspective on the topic at hand... In the way I... tend to see fit to do so? >_>

Edited by Gillbob316

Falcon, Quasar, and Shang-Chi for me, though I could have easily voted for three others (heck, probably three others after that) and not blinked an eye. BTW, Jessica Jones, Speedball, and Sunfire all actually have Minimates (albeit not "definitive" ones) so they probably violate your rules. And what are we without rules, Youbastards? Just a bunch of guys talking about toys on the internet? I DON'T THINK SO.

I feel like this particular forum community... of all those I frequent, has a habit/problem of over-doing it on polls.

I mean like... did the villain poll really NEED to have like... 50 names on it? We couldn't have narrowed that down to like 5/10 with discussion alone? REALLY?

As it happens... I think Falcon is the clear standout in this discussion... so much so that a poll isn't even needed or warranted. Cap fans might make a case for Winter Soldier. X-Men fans for Banshee. Iron Man or Thor fans for... god knows who...

But I think Falcon is the character with the most wide-spread exposure/appeal... and the clear winner.

Falcon has had a speaking role on Robot Chicken. Have Winter Soldier and Banshee had speaking roles on Robot Chicken? Need I say more?

A few so/so characters have been proposed... if one really WANTS to make a poll... but most of the names I've seen thus far don't even seem like they should be in the running (kinda like the vast majority of the Villains poll)...

While I am an X-Men fan, who would LOVE Banshee or a proper Sunfire, I wouldn't even say they should be in the running. As the most essential X-Man yet to be made SURE, as the most essential HERO... no. Not even close. These two are like C-List X-Men, D-List Marvel Universe on the Whole. The only reason they're so high the X-Men that need to be produced list is... well... we have all the A and B list X-Men already.

(I also want to note: Many seem to forget Sunfire HAS been made, we just don't have a CLASSIC Sunfire. We got Sunfire in his AoA costume, which also doubles as one of his modern 616 costumes. So unlike say Blob, whose only minimate is outside normal canon, we do technically have a comic accurate 616 Sunfire. Albeit, not a classic one.)

I actually liked Battlecat's posts a few back that was a list of characters who've had some recent relevance. Those guys feel like they have stronger chances than some of the classic characters proposed thus far. Pixie, for instance, almost feels like she has similar odds with Banshee, to my inkling... even though Banshee is a far more storied character overall. (Both are on my want list, for the record. lol...)

I have to agree. This poll quickly diverged into a wishlist. There are a lot of characters in this poll I want to see made, but I do think Falcon is the most essential. However, I don't think a hero needs to be A-list material to be essential. I think exposure is what makes a character essential.

I think the poll is actually skimming off the wishlisting. In the villains poll, look at all the characters that were mentioned and didn't get a single vote. There's plenty of wishing going on, but when it's time to pick three and only three and then two and only two, you get a much clearer picture of who we as a community feel is important.

Edited by Turtle

I am desperate for a Genis-vel mate. Anyone else, is can be th cherry on top. He is awesome, come on, he went punch for punch with the Sentry.

Edited by rx78jj

Guh - there's so many people i want to pick for various reasons.

Banshee has to be on there for me... And the more i think about it, the more i want to see Nate 'X-Man' Grey. He *Did* start his life as a bit of a gimmick for the AoA, but has managed to continue on.

Syrin is a big want for me as we always need more female representation, and i'd like to round out 90's X-force .... but perhaps she's not overly important to the MU.

Sunfire is on the list, as is Strong Guy - although, it's hard to rank them above Falcon or Mockingbird. I can see myself changing my vote several times before the poll ends.

See... to my point...

I feel like if I had to pick the most deserving character, in a universal sense... it would be Falcon.

But in my own personal sense, I feel COMPELLED to vote for Banshee, Pixie and Marrow... because I'm an X-Men fan.

I don't think Pixie or Marrow even deserves to be on the list ultimately, but they're two of my highest personal wants, and they're drawing my vote away from Falcon. Even though, had the list been more focused, Falcon probably would have been my clear choice for a winner.

When the list is 50 names long, the focus gets diluted.

But if this is "Round 1" I suppose it will narrow down in future polls a bit, so I dunno... tongue.png

Edited by Gillbob316

I am desperate for a Genis-vel mate. Anyone else, is can be th cherry on top. He is awesome, come on, he went punch for punch with the Sentry.

Using Sentry to make a point is the worst way to make a point, not that Genis-Vell isn't awesome and deserving, just the Sentry is the worst.

Using Sentry to make a point is the worst way to make a point, not that Genis-Vell isn't awesome and deserving, just the Sentry is the worst.

He's the opposite of Super Batman!

Mimic- only because he'd (if based on the Exiles version) would come with so many X-Men parts that he'd make for great posing options/variations but also great fodder custom potential. Throw in the classic version as well and you'd have your own

MIMIC THRU THE AGES BOX SET!

Who's with me?