UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Who is the single most important Marvel HERO still waiting for a Minimate? POLL ADDED - Round 2 - Pick TWO

youbastards

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I officially gave up on getting The Falcon minimate way back ,I let Mysteryman take up the mantle. I'll say it once more ...how is it that Marvel's mainstream comics' first African/American superhero is continually ignored ? How is it that just about every Minimate character of any description that has wings sells out big time (....er...apart from Zik ........I know that surely Chuck knows that) ............yet ol' Snap ain't even on the spec. sheet ?

"Shiiiiit Maaaaaaaaan whaddayasay Chuck , are you in the know or are you a solid bringer-downer ? Know ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap on you man ?"

Winter Soldier? Yep....... just given up on him as well. Only chance we'll get is a Wintry Spider-Soldier Man.

What was the question again ?

Have faith. Both characters will be in Captain America 2 next year, so I would be stunned if, with their increased media presence, we don't see them in either 2013 or 2014.

I want them, I'll buy them, but I can be a bit patient on these two as they're not in my top 5. If we don't have them in hand by this time in 2015, I'll break out the torches. On the bright side, they will look great and we won't be clamoring for remakes like we would if they'd been made 5+ years ago!

As for my poll picks, Banshee and Falcon

I can't believe we're three pages in, and I haven't mentioned Rocket Raccoon yet!

With a Guardians of the Galaxy movie coming, I'm assuming Rocket is a shoo-in for a future release.

I said that exact same thing about the Falcon two years ago. unsure.png

I said that exact same thing about the Falcon two years ago. unsure.png

Yeah, but Falcon wasn't starring in a movie and becoming the icon for a huge comic tie-in push Marvel is currently doing. Because who doesn't love a raccoon with guns?

I completely understand the importance of Falcon, from both a comic and cultural perspective, but can honestly say that the character does nothing for me. I'm hoping that changes with Captain America 2, and I will be able to appreciate the character more. Downey Jr's portrayal of Stark did that exact same thing for me because prior to the movie, Iron Man wasn't a character I cared much for, even though I would agree that he has been a pillar of Marvel's characters since the '60s.

Anthony Mackie, who is playing Sam Wilson/Falcon, was recently on Conan, and if his personality comes through in the slightest to the character of Sam Wilson, he will be a good fit for Cap.

1) Falcon, most preferably the classic version that can be seen in my signature on here.

2) Black Knight II, a member of the Avengers before they hit issue #50 and also an early member of the Defenders.

Then there's the Warriors Three, comic version PLEASE, for Thor supporting cast that appeared early on and were often just as important to many of Thor's stories by Jack Kirby. If you haven't read the "Tales of Asgard" back-ups that were featured at that point, you're really missing out on some fun material.

Followed closely by the remaining members of the Inhumans royal family, Medusa, Karnak, Triton, Gorgon, Crystal and Maximus the Mad. Throw in an Alpha Primitive army builder and you're all set.

After that, Hellcat, Moondragon, Mantis, Swordsman I, Mockingbird and Tigra for Avengers members.

Banshee and Sunfire for X-Men members.

Man-Thing, Shang Chi, Son of Satan (classic), Brother Voodoo and Deathlok for "loners".

The individual members of the original New Warriors team, along with Darkhawk, would be pretty nifty as well.

Only reason for no Ka-Zar on my list? Already have a perfect one as a quick custom... but with a Zabu included, I'd jump at the chance.

Edited by Mystery Man

I was about to post my opinions and then (not unusually!) Mystery Man did it for me (thanks MM, that saved me some typing lol). I agree with pretty much all of the characters pointed out there, especially the missing classic avengers, closely followed by the thor and inhuman ones. Although I'm not so much an xmen fan I can also see the case for sunfire and banshee. However, if we are choosing just one, then again Falcon seems to be the obvious choice to me.

As for never get made? I've never thought there was much chance of the female captain britain - in fact I'm not sure if that was actually her name, which just shows she's pretty obscure!

Unmade characters with some degree of importance in the comics the last decade or so: Dr. Nemesis, Danger, Rescue, Jessica Jones (if Winter Soldier and Speedball count, she must too), Amadeus Cho, Pixie, Tigra, Agent Brand, Doop, Kid Loki, Quentin Quire ("hero" might be stretching it), Gravity, Nathaniel Richards, Spider-Girl (the other one), the Cuckoos, Legion, Pete Wisdom, Mimic. And all the kids teams, but we're not doing teams.

Anyone notice that Death's Head has shown up in multiple comics this month? Could almost give a guy hope.

Least likely: maybe Moira MacTaggert? Female, unpowered, and they didn't even do the movie version of her?

The more I think about it, Machine Man should be on this list. While not as influential as The Falcon or The Winter Solider (who is totally a different character than Bucky, IMO), he was the star of three Marvel Zombie miniserieses and has a pretty prominent role in the new Red She-Hulk series. That should count for something.

Also, while I'm thinking about her, they should totally make a Red She-Hulk too.

I feel like this particular forum community... of all those I frequent, has a habit/problem of over-doing it on polls.

I mean like... did the villain poll really NEED to have like... 50 names on it? We couldn't have narrowed that down to like 5/10 with discussion alone? REALLY?

As it happens... I think Falcon is the clear standout in this discussion... so much so that a poll isn't even needed or warranted. Cap fans might make a case for Winter Soldier. X-Men fans for Banshee. Iron Man or Thor fans for... god knows who...

But I think Falcon is the character with the most wide-spread exposure/appeal... and the clear winner.

Falcon has had a speaking role on Robot Chicken. Have Winter Soldier and Banshee had speaking roles on Robot Chicken? Need I say more?

A few so/so characters have been proposed... if one really WANTS to make a poll... but most of the names I've seen thus far don't even seem like they should be in the running (kinda like the vast majority of the Villains poll)...

While I am an X-Men fan, who would LOVE Banshee or a proper Sunfire, I wouldn't even say they should be in the running. As the most essential X-Man yet to be made SURE, as the most essential HERO... no. Not even close. These two are like C-List X-Men, D-List Marvel Universe on the Whole. The only reason they're so high the X-Men that need to be produced list is... well... we have all the A and B list X-Men already.

(I also want to note: Many seem to forget Sunfire HAS been made, we just don't have a CLASSIC Sunfire. We got Sunfire in his AoA costume, which also doubles as one of his modern 616 costumes. So unlike say Blob, whose only minimate is outside normal canon, we do technically have a comic accurate 616 Sunfire. Albeit, not a classic one.)

I actually liked Battlecat's posts a few back that was a list of characters who've had some recent relevance. Those guys feel like they have stronger chances than some of the classic characters proposed thus far. Pixie, for instance, almost feels like she has similar odds with Banshee, to my inkling... even though Banshee is a far more storied character overall. (Both are on my want list, for the record. lol...)

Edited by Gillbob316