UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Delta Chameleon's Customs and Repaints

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the compliments guys.

I do plan on implementing some western style weapons for these guys eventually, like some revolvers, rifles, etc... Just right now all I have are melee weapons. So once i can get some bits in, I'll work them into the customs.

I still plan to continue this western theme a little bit more. I am going to take a scorpion and tarantula and give them more western style to them. There is possibly one or two more animals after that that I would like to do afterwards. If any of you have any recommendations for desert animals that you think would really fit the western theme, let me know.

Very, very cool! If you need me to dig up any other parts while I'm manning the BAM! booth, let me know.

Very, very cool! If you need me to dig up any other parts while I'm manning the BAM! booth, let me know.

Does this offer go for anyone? LoL.

You have amazing talent and create amazing figs. I hate you. Just kidding. Great job!

Edited by Freaqualizer

• 6 months later...

I know I am behind the times, but I really like your desert lizard and falcon. They are very nice and I would have thought DST released them as they look so official. They are the perfect mates to go with your repainted snake which I also really liked.

I will be looking forward to your future customs.

Thank you.

I know I am behind the times, but I really like your desert lizard and falcon. They are very nice and I would have thought DST released them as they look so official. They are the perfect mates to go with your repainted snake which I also really liked.

I will be looking forward to your future customs.

Thank you.

I was thinking the same thing. I really wish all of your customs (but esp the lizard) were official releases because they look too incredible for me to not have any in my collection thumbsup.gif

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

It's been a little bit of time since I
have last posted some custom Battle Beasts. However, that doesn't mean I
haven't been hard at work with them. Whenever I have had some free
time, I have been working on a handful of figures. I just finished up
two of them, and wanted to post them to see what you thought about them.

The
first one that I did is of Vorin's father. Ever since I read the ashcan
comic 2 years ago after C2E2, I was fascinated by the mythology of
Vorin's father when Vorin is talking about their training when he was
younger. I had decided that I wanted to make a custom of Vorin's father,
however at the time, I was just thinking about making a slightly older
Vorin with slight modifications to the armor. Then, I read the full
comic, with the reveal of Vorin's father on the last page, and I knew I
had to make him. It took a little bit of time to get the all the right
parts that would work, and he also needed quite a bit of sculpting to
make him look less like Vorin or a kitbash, and more like Vorin's
father. I sculpted the fur on the cape, the extra fur and hair, and armor faceplate for his head.

(I do know that he is supposed to also have a unicorn horn in his dread weapon armor. I sculpted
the unicorn horn on, but once his head was finished, I hated the horn.
So I cut it off. At that point, I exercised a bit of artistic license. )

I
don't remember ever seeing a name for him. A lot of times, it helps me
paint a figure if I create a name for him. Makes the character a bit
more personal. So I named him Asvid. I don't know what his official name is, maybe Zach knows.

I
also continued my theme of Western inspired Battle Beast customs. This
time, I did a gun wielding western take on the Scorpion, which I have
named Brocius.

Anyways, here are the figures. Let me know what you think.

Original image of Vorin's Father from the comic:

IMG_1146_zpsbe494ec2.jpg

Asvid:

FatherFull2_zps32aae4a6.jpg

FatherNikonMedium_zpsb4b9d480.jpg

FatherNikonCloseUp3_zps0315ed03.jpg

FatherNikonRear2_zps6ba7316c.jpg

FatherNikonFullRight1_zps0b3bb572.jpg

Brocius:

ScorpionNikonFull_zps2b543dcf.jpg

a2bc436e-7096-420d-923a-b2536653fb04_zps

ScorpionFullFront_zpsbc410296.jpg

ScorpionNikonRear_zpsaf2afab1.jpg

ScorpionRight_zpsb1f887a0.jpg

Love the shading on the cape very nicely done. I also like the Scorpion, it kinda reminds me of Clint Eastwood it has that feeling that when it lifts its head up and makes eye contact with something all hell will break lose and it will blow the snot out everything.

Stunning stuff, I LOVE both the paint job and resculpting on that scorpion.

I just started replaying Fallout: New Vegas and have to say it would fit in perfectly with it's giant mutated insect and cowboy theme.

T.

Love the shading on the cape very nicely done. I also like the Scorpion, it kinda reminds me of Clint Eastwood it has that feeling that when it lifts its head up and makes eye contact with something all hell will break lose and it will blow the snot out everything.

I agree, and to expand on the Clint reference, it looks as if he's smoking two cigars/old cigs!

I love just about everything you show, will you be bringing samples of your customs to C2E2?

I agree, and to expand on the Clint reference, it looks as if he's smoking two cigars/old cigs!

I love just about everything you show, will you be bringing samples of your customs to C2E2?

I didn't think about that, but yeah, I definitely can bring along some of my work.

• 2 weeks later...